Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Butlers Irish Chocolate Bars

• 28-08-2011 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭

Any idea where you can buy some of these?
    Some kid called to the door selling them a week or two ago and ive had a hankering for another one ever since

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

awwwmaaahhhgaaaawwwwd I want one now. We used to get em in school as some charity thing. I'd eat like 2/3 a day. They were delicious. AFAIK you can only get them direct from supplier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

jayboi wrote: »
    Any idea where you can buy some of these?
    Some kid called to the door selling them a week or two ago and ive had a hankering for another one ever since

I think Ardkeen Stores might have them, they sell the Butlers Truffles and stuff like that and have all the types of Lily O'Briens and Lindt so could be worth a look?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭whydoibother?

They are the best chocolate ever!

But do be careful where you get them. I once took one from the mini-bar in a hotel, and paid a fiver for it on check-out. I nearly fainted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

batm!ke wrote: »
    I think Ardkeen Stores might have them, they sell the Butlers Truffles and stuff like that and have all the types of Lily O'Briens and Lindt so could be worth a look?

Ardkeen definitely sells some Lily O'Brien products but I cannot remember if they sell the bars.

I want one now.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

I had a glance around arkeen a few days ago think i saw the box of chocolates like milktray but didnt see the bars....the search continues

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭MacGyver

I think tesco may have those butlers ones, there is at least one place that does them but i just cant narrow it down to where, also try Centra on the quay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Isn't there a Butlers Chocolate Cafe opposite the Cathedral beside Boots?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

AdMMM wrote: »
    Isn't there a Butlers Chocolate Cafe opposite the Cathedral beside Boots?

Isn't that a Lily O'Briens?

I'm pretty sure the Tourist Office on the Quay has Butlers chocolate bars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Its only the boxes and the flavoured blocks of chocolate in Tesco. I think there is a Butlers Irish cafe across from the Catherdral,. that of Lilly O Briens, didnt really notice, I went in for Ice cream but they dont sell it.

• Advertisement

AdMMM wrote: »

Yea I reckon thats them. Christ theres never a anyone knocking at your door trying to sell ya some thing when you need them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

They look fantastic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

That picture just reminded me that I've bought them in Londis in Ballinakill in the past. Maybe they still sell them, it might be worth a phonecall to find out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Thats them! We used to call them Hope Bars in De La Salle, they'd cost you €2 but the majority of the money went to the Hope foundation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭Paige Turner

I know its a bit of a spin for chocolate, but the Dove Hill Centre definitely do them, if you are ever passing that way. Inside the main door, turn right, just past the till. I think they are E1.50.

Perhaps you could set up a Boards syndicate and order them by the boxload from Butlers? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Adam that's a fine haircut ya got there kid.

Adam that's a fine haircut ya got there kid.
    It'll grow back :p

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭YoureSoVain

Was finding it hard to get them myself (white choc with berries) so sent Butlers an e-mail. They said they are only available in Tesco Poleberry which is the only place I have found them

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭creambun

Just back from superquinn there at the counter where u buy cigerettes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Kitty_Ears

There's a small ould shop near Argos that sells household decorations things, lamps and the likes and beads that I saw Butlers Chocolate in.

Checked the shop near argos no joy
    Checked tesco polberry no joy
    The tourist office hasnt sold anything other than a map in 3 years apparently

Il try superquinn tomorrow, failing that il buy a box online

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭angelfalling

Gallways cafe is the one across from the Cathedral.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

These are being sold in Waterford, I think its "Hope" that are selling them around town.

Sully wrote: »
    These are being sold in Waterford, I think its "Hope" that are selling them around town.

On sale in city square today, those hope foundation ones milk chocolate with truffle, bit of an anti climax to be honest.

Advertisement