Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crunch Gym/Other Gym

Options
  • 28-08-2011 4:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi all, I was wondering what are the membership fees for Crunch gym? Are they expensive? Could anyone recommend any other gyms in the vicinity? Bearing in mind I am a student with a limited amount of money!
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭OneOfThem Stumbled

cxh20y wrote: »
    Hi all, I was wondering what are the membership fees for Crunch gym? Are they expensive? Could anyone recommend any other gyms in the vicinity? Bearing in mind I am a student with a limited amount of money!
    Thanks

About €165 - €173 for a year ... but there is a question mark about whether or not they are going to stick around (you might find that your great value annual membership will expire once the new student centre is built).

Personally I would go for a different gym (or just a UCD sports club ... €10 for annual membership is a lot cheaper than any gym!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Crunch has announced that they are staying open until May, so they will be there until then irrespective of when the new gym opens up.

There are a bunch of gyms nearby including: Raw (Portobello), Simply Fitness (Milltown), Flyefit (opening up in Ranelagh in Septaember), The-Gym (new gym in Rathgar), Ironside (excellent gym in Blackrock), Friarsland (Clonskeagh), LA Fitness (Dartry), Swan Leisure (Rathmines), David Llyod, Body Smart (Mount Merrion), Crossfit, and many more I'm sure I'm forgetting about.

Depends what you're looking for in a gym as to which one would suit you.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 JohnnyBoii

I'm looking for some serious weight lifting gym no bull****. So I want a gym that has a variety of free weights,good cable machine,etc

Any suggestions?

Ironside. End of imo. Very good value, very very good equipment. Its a strength and conditioning gym that caters for strongman, powerlifting and olympic lifting (from their page). Dublin GAA team and Leinster academy have been using it. Its in Blackrock, check them out on facebook or their new website.

Raw is another good option in Portobello, more expensive however.

Ironside's equipment:

GYM EQUIPMENT

27 Metre Tartan Sprint Track
    Full Laser Track Timing System
    Olympic Standard Starting Blocks
    GPC Spec Monolift
    IPF Spec Bench Press
    2 x olympic lifting platforms
    190kg Bumper Olympic Plates
    Farmers Walk Handles(4 Pairs 10kg up to 50kg)
    2 x Super Yoke
    Keg Medley(20kg up to 60kg kegs)
    900lb dumper tyre
    1100lb dumper trye
    Circus Dumbell
    Steel Logs(20kg up to 80kg)
    Wooden Log
    Sleds drag and pull
    Car Deadlift Frame
    Atlas Stones 60kg, 80kg, 100kg, 120kg, 140kg, 160kg
    Atlas Stone Platform
    Keg Stacking(similar to stones but suited to beginners)
    2 x Prowler
    2 x Axel Olympic Bars
    Loadable Dumbell (Daddy Dumbell)
    2 x 150kg Caterpillar tracks (Plling, Dragging, Harness work)
    Power Stairs
    Duck Walk Bars
    Conditioning Sledge Hammers(50lb) for Donkey Kongs
    Military Press Station
    Walk in Squat Rack
    6 x Power Racks
    5 x Adjustable Benches
    5kg - 70kg commercial dumbells
    Leg Press/Hack Squat Machine
    Ropes for Jeep Pulls
    10 x 7ft Olympic Bars(1500lb tested)
    Bands(Blue, Green and Black)
    Over 1300kg worth of olympic plates and enough chains to anchor the HSS

And they're getting more in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

WeeBushy wrote: »
    Ironside. End of imo.

This ^^

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

ironside is merging with an oly lifting gym, looks so god damn tempting but i'm living on the roebuck side of UCD and i don't know if it's worth the 40 min walk up and back.

how much is a years membership in ironside?

ironside is merging with an oly lifting gym, looks so god damn tempting but i'm living on the roebuck side of UCD and i don't know if it's worth the 40 min walk up and back.

how much is a years membership in ironside?

Its East Coast Barbell, another very good gym.

Not a member myself, just too far away, so not sure of the membership. But think its €35 a month. Get in contact with them though and they'll give you a proper breakdown of the membership fees as they have different options afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 IronsideGym

WeeBushy wrote: »
    Its East Coast Barbell, another very good gym.

Not a member myself, just too far away, so not sure of the membership. But think its €35 a month. Get in contact with them though and they'll give you a proper breakdown of the membership fees as they have different options afaik.

Hey guys, if you check out our website you can see our prices in the membership section - www.ironsidegym.ie

Feel free to drop in for a free session anytime just mention you spoke to us on boards.

Barry

Advertisement