Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric plug adaptor for using in America ?

Options
  • 28-08-2011 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭

Hi,

I wonder would anyone know where I might be able to get a cheap electric plug adaptor to use in America. (So I can plug an Irish plug on a phone charger into an American electric socket).

Looking for a cheap place to get one anywhere in Dublin.

Thanks for any suggestions / advice. Mike

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭jthrppel

Most of the phone (and laptop) chargers are 90v-240V, it should be written on the charger. In which case, all you need is a UK to American plug adapter. You can get it in the airport or in a travel goods store, Petes, maplins, dixons, curries, did etc. For most other equipments, you need a step up transformer, which might not be economical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Gerry.H

are you sure your phone will work in America? I hear they have a different system to our sim card based system. I am not sure of that but i would check this on google if i were you

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭mikedublin

Cool. I'll try some of those shops and see which is cheapest.

And - thanks for the advice about the phone - I'll probably be just using it for its camera feature anyway. cheers, Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭crystallove

why not buy from some online shops ,they are cheap indeed

Advertisement