Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Registering at LYIT

• 28-08-2011 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭

Reregistration day is fast approaching and im wondering what i have to bring with me on the day. Any advice from past/current students is much appreciated . I know the college will/should send an information pack but i may not be at my current address when this information comes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Buttercup18

hey! for registration day you normally bring the letter they send you out! if your not receiving a grant you have to pay your registration fee prior to registering and take the stamped giro from the bank. If you are getting a grant or think you are you just explain your waiting on confirmation and there sound enough!! Then you que up in one of four big lines and get your picture taken! and if your first year you have to do a sort of aptitude test! And thats pretty much it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Some information here I think you have to complete a survey of some kind beforehand. Apart from what Buttercup said just make sure you attend your induction in the afternoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 226 ✭✭GismoBaby

I got the letter about registering for college on friday.

You just bring your letter for grant, bank giro yoke if you have paid it. First years are the only ones have to do that survey.

Everyone else just lands in and they find you on a list and mark you off you get your pic taken and away home with ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

I've not got any letter from the college yet, do ya think i should call or e-mail them ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Still plenty of time yet, I've not got a letter yet either. If you're still waiting by the end of the week then theres no harm in giving them a call

Its simple enough anyway, go into the gym hall and find the desk that deals with your course, show them the papers then just queue for a photo for you student card. Once you're done there you have to go to the main building and fill in your personal details and do a survey on a computer. Think you meet your class and get introduced to your lecturers and head of department after that and thats pretty much it for the first day

• Advertisement

Just giving you guys an update, i got my registration pack there today. Was a bit worried cos im moving up there this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭davidfitz22

Just giving you guys an update, i got my registration pack there today. Was a bit worried cos im moving up there this weekend.
    They cut it a bit short as it seems they want us in on the 12th, thankfully the fee's can be paid in two installments.

Yeah thats cool that people can do that makes it easier on the student who ain't getting a grant

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭davidfitz22

Yeah thats cool that people can do that makes it easier on the student who ain't getting a grant
    Exactly there are some of us who have to pay our own way through college, rent, fees etc. they know that most people won't have 3 grand to give upfront. I think they will take 1500 upfront.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

Are some fees €3000 at LYIT?
    My first year fees were €1500, (which I paid myself), and have gone up to €2000 (very gratefully paid by the VEC).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭TokenWhite

I know registration is on monday but where would I find out the registration times? Never got any registration packs/letters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭TokenWhite

Thanks I'm second year Accounting though, or maybe 3rd Year marketing depending on the stream I choose. What link did you use to access the first year schedule? The other years should be there too but I can't seem to find it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

TokenWhite wrote: »
    Thanks I'm second year Accounting though, or maybe 3rd Year marketing depending on the stream I choose. What link did you use to access the first year schedule? The other years should be there too but I can't seem to find it.

http://www.lyit.ie/media/Reg%20Schedule%20Y2%20Y3%20Y4%202011%20(2).pdf

You have to reg at 2.10 (3rd year marketing BBUSS Y3) or 2.40 (2nd year accounting BACCT Y2)

Advertisement