Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skydiving Equipment

Options
  • 28-08-2011 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

Just wondering if there's a store/shop in Ireland that sells Skydiving equipment? I've looked online, and have seen several online stores, but no mention of physical stores.

Also, any tips on what to get first, and what to get brand new or 2nd hand.

At the moment I'm not rushing into anything major. Looking at getting some goggles, and maybe an altimeter.

Any suggestions for first time buyer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭jimmurt

It depends on how many jumps you have. Once you have finished your AFF or static line you'd probably want to start putting everything together apart from the rig itself.

Jumpsuit (RW or FF) - you can order these custom from Tonfly/NEC etc or you can pick one up at your DZ (IPC or SDI) second hand.

Alti - IPC sell Alti 3 Galaxy for €150

Goggles - DZ

Gloves - you can use non-SD gloves (check with your instructor what gloves are suitable and also make sure you can grab the handle without issue). Basball gloves are supposed to be good. I have gloves but I never use them. Maybe over the next few months.

Helmet
    Try www.paragear.com

I was in the same position a couple of months ago and now I have all these. I have 50 jumps now and I want to buy a rig so I'm keeping my eye out on DZ.com and other places. I've also just ordered a cheap FF suit (even though I've never even attempted FF (I'm a bit of an impule buyer).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭xflyer

There is no physical shop in Ireland. Generally there is always someone experienced at the dropzone who can steer you in the right direction or sell you something. Best place to get advice too. No point and rushing out to buy a 'Stilletto' or a wingsuit with only fifty jumps. :eek:

There are shops in Britain.

Advertisement