Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Community - Season 4 [US] *Spoilers*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

phasers wrote: »
    Jeff/Annie rubbish aside, that was a brilliant episode. Needs moar Troy though.
    Noooooo! Jeff & Annie 4EVAR!! :P

Loved the bit with Chang and the handcuffs - BUT THEY'RE ONLY FOR SEX!! No Dean this week though ;____;

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Still no sign of Magnitude, Professor Duncan, Fat Neil or Quendra "with a QU"...
    We've had Starburns, Leonard, Vicky and Garrett appear already.
    (I feel I'm forgetting someone obvious)

I'd like to see the supporting cast be a bit more central this year. Like the Fat Neil episode last year, would be cool to get an episode about some of the others.
    I guess Starburns and Prof. Duncan have already gotten a fair share of the screentime over the first 2 seasons, but the rest of them could definitely be used more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Wasn't too fond of the latest episode tbh! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Basq wrote: »
    Wasn't too fond of the latest episode tbh! :(

CRISIS ALERT !!!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Did anyone else cringe when Jeff and Annie had their stupid little talk at the end? I was watching through my fingers until it was over. Stop trying to push them together, it's gross!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

I've never watched Fringe so I assumed the Earth 1 /Earth 2 thing was a reference to Another Earth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Did anyone else cringe when Jeff and Annie had their stupid little talk at the end? I was watching through my fingers until it was over. Stop trying to push them together, it's gross!

I was going to point out that there's only a few years between them but HOLY SHIT HE'S 40!

Other than that though I agree. She's mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

the creator reads the nets, he reacts to what we say so, he's doing it deliberately, if we want him to do something, we have say we like what we see in that.

Watching through again and it's reminding me just how much I hate Pierce and everything about him. And not in the good way like in wrestling. I hate having him in an episode.

• Advertisement

Watching that fake clip show again and it's just awesome. Even the little details like the collection of the Dean's entrances (some of which are bloody hilarious on their own) and the changes to Jeff and Britta and what's on the table. At one stage they seem to be in construction gear. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Wonder if the transdimensional doorway was a nod towards Fringe?

I taught it was a reference, to the old Pre-Crisis DC Comics, where there was a Earth 1 and Earth 2, where the JLA from Earth 1 and the JAS from Earth 2 would team up from time to time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭colinod0806

Wasn't too impressed with this weeks episode. Found it quite boring to be honest.
    I did love chang's description of the girl in his head though "she had legs that went all the way up to her torso and the kind of arms that have elbows " :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

I thought this week's episode was brilliant, the writers are really on a roll this season. Might even be Chang's best ever episode this week, 'I had to think fast', and I'm sure we haven't seen the last of Todd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

"What happened with Legos?"

Genius. I've had that conversation many a time.

Long live Todd!

Not good.. needs more Donald Glover tbh..

.. although it did feature the return of Magnitude!

• Advertisement

It seems like they were focusing more on the secondary cast, which was quite awesome.

I dunno about anyone else but I'm certainly not laughing AT him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Great episode this week, loved the argument in the study room, especially Britta having problems with dissecting worms and the marijuana lighter. :D

"That was another test and you all penised."

Really good episode, Todd is a legend.

"I'm going to go as fast as I can so I don't miss anything!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

Great episode, looking forward to the return of Evil Troy and Abed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

that was hilarious, nearly hurt myself laughing when that timeline went bad.

"Uhh guys what does a pregnancy test look like?"
    "Its like a thin piece of plastic with a stick at the end of it"
    "Oh so this is definitely a gun"

Well, that was amazing. The Troy timeline was one of the funniest things the show has ever done, I wonder if we'll be seeing Evil Troy and Abed again later in the season? And it looks like the group would ultimately be better off without Jeff, I have a feeling thats going to be a major theme this season.

Also, it looks like they mixed up the order of 303 and 304, kind of felt a bit odd in places because of that. The whole Eartha Kitt thing came up in 303 as well as the marijuana lighter so the episode jarred a little. Although, knowing this show they probably did that on purpose.

Although come to think of it, the only timeline in which Shirley found out about Britta's marijuana lighter was the Abed one, so are we to take that one as the real timeline? Pierce didn't tell them about Eartha Kitt in the Jeff timeline either so it can't be that one... this show just wrinkled my brain again.

there's a theory going around that the Abed timeline is the real one for exactly the reasons you mentioned, but since evil abed called the last timeline the prime timeline it's a bit misleading.

Another theory is that all the following episodes are going to be set in different timelines, but I think that's just wishful thinking.

Absolutely fantastic episode. Everyone was on top form and they moved the Troy/Britta romance along (kinda)... I'm rooting for those 2 to get together. Screw Jannie, it's all about Broy... :D
    Aldebaran wrote: »
    Also, it looks like they mixed up the order of 303 and 304, kind of felt a bit odd in places because of that. The whole Eartha Kitt thing came up in 303 as well as the marijuana lighter so the episode jarred a little. Although, knowing this show they probably did that on purpose.

In production this was episode 3 and last weeks was episode 4 - don't know if it was NBC that had them air it out of sequence, but it was adressed at the very start of the episode. A voiceover of Britta and Annie was added in at the last minute when they were discussing the apartment number...
    there's a theory going around that the Abed timeline is the real one for exactly the reasons you mentioned, but since evil abed called the last timeline the prime timeline it's a bit misleading.

Another theory is that all the following episodes are going to be set in different timelines, but I think that's just wishful thinking.

It'd be interesting to see them play around with some of the timelines, but that seems a bit too complicated, even for Community...

Apparently next week we're gonna get
    a Treehouse of Horrors style episode, so they could incorporate the evil timeline into that episode easily...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Easily the episode of the season so far.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Community.Will.Be.Axed.

Cool. Cool cool cool.

Community.Will.Be.Axed.
    Surprise surprise, Richard doesn't like the only episode so far with a tiny bit of complexity

• Advertisement

Surprise surprise, Richard doesn't like the only episode so far with a tiny bit of complexity

Just watching the numbers bro......... ;)

You're Irish, you can barely get away with calling anyone "bro", never mind a female.

Community.Will.Be.Axed.

Six seasons and a movie
    Six seasons and a movie
    Six seasons and a movie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Just be glad it wasn't homie or dawg. :)

Loved this episode, very clever. I nearly spat out a mouthful of coffee when I heard Troy's voicebox. :)

Just watching the numbers bro......... ;)
    Did you see the numbers a BBT rerun got last night? (not really on topic but still... 11 million for a rerun...

NBC has a good bit of dead wood to shift this season (Whitney) and Community's numbers were up last night so I think we can make it.

In summary: lalalala I'm not listening :p

Did you see the numbers a BBT rerun got last night? (not really on topic but still... 11 million for a rerun...

NBC has a good bit of dead wood to shift this season (Whitney) and Community's numbers were up last night so I think we can make it.

In summary: lalalala I'm not listening :p

Four seasons....and a web series :p

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

'What does this say about the Seven? Things fall to **** with Troy gone.'

I was automatically happy with this entire recap due to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

What a cracking episode. This show is fast becoming one of my favourite sitcoms (so it'll probably get cancelled :o )

• Advertisement

This episode makes up for the disappointing last two episodes.. absolutely superb writing and some fantastic moments (the "googly-eyes" and Troy's voicebox to name just two).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Loved this episode. The best US comedy at the moment IMO. I think it probably plays better over here. The Yanks just don't know when they've got something good sometimes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭Anachrony

nkay1985 wrote: »
    I think it probably plays better over here. The Yanks just don't know when they've got something good sometimes!

No it doesn't. It doesn't play with the masses in Ireland either. It is popular with the marginal subset of people who talk about TV on the internet. The same thing is true in the US. It is very popular with critics and internet commentators. That kind of critical/cult recognition simply doesn't always translate to massive ratings, on either side of the Atlantic.

Almost forgot Britta's dance..

tumblr_lt2ta3Toz81qb0krfo1_500.gif
    tumblr_lt2ta3Toz81qb0krfo2_250.giftumblr_lt2ta3Toz81qb0krfo3_250.gif
    tumblr_lt2ta3Toz81qb0krfo4_250.giftumblr_lt2ta3Toz81qb0krfo5_250.gif

Ropes? Vines! …Vines? Let him finish!

Britta was on fire in this episode

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Anachrony wrote: »
    No it doesn't. It doesn't play with the masses in Ireland either. It is popular with the marginal subset of people who talk about TV on the internet. The same thing is true in the US. It is very popular with critics and internet commentators. That kind of critical/cult recognition simply doesn't always translate to massive ratings, on either side of the Atlantic.

I didn't say it would be a massive hit over here, just that it would play better. I think Irish and English people have historically appreciated intelligent comedy that's a little bit different more than Americans and that this fits that description.

• Advertisement

Dan Harmon clears up some things about this episode regarding the real timeline and the reason 303 and 304 were aired out of order:

http://danharmon.tumblr.com/post/11469117959/fine-were-geniuses-but-not-evil-geniuses

Other things to note from his blog post: no new episode next week and he hates AMC's The Killing.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Compak

Basq wrote: »
    This episode makes up for the disappointing last two episodes.. absolutely superb writing and some fantastic moments (the "googly-eyes" and Troy's voicebox to name just two).

Opposite here, loved last two weeks, and this was just muck , 'stupid' comedy, knocked it off after 15 mins.

Compak wrote: »
    Opposite here, loved last two weeks, and this was just muck , 'stupid' comedy, knocked it off after 15 mins.
    So did you miss the timeline where Troy left then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I thought it was an amazing episode. Literally lol'd a few times during the Troy leaving timeline.

Definately axed by May, it's too culty and hipster clique for the mainstream to get.

• Advertisement
Advertisement