Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Community - Season 4 [US] *Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Community has been renewed for a fifth season.

...yay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

phasers wrote: »
    Community has been renewed for a fifth season.

...yay?

I'm happy anyway, hopefully the writers will take note of their mistakes from this season, and perhaps they'll let Jim Rash write more episodes.

Whilst I love the community college aspect of the show, I think the group has evolved enough that Greendale isn't needed as much. Some of the best episodes are ones that took place outside Greendale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

nnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I had been indifferent to the renewal/cancellation prospects of Community until I heard the announcement for season 5 and realised I was glad. I still feel the show can find itself again. Hoping it works out for us...

What annoyed me about this episode is that it worked as a finale and tied up loose ends that I was hoping would be left wide open if there was any chance of a renewal.

I just wonder what exactly people would have gone with for this finale?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I had been indifferent to the renewal/cancellation prospects of Community until I heard the announcement for season 5 and realised I was glad. I still feel the show can find itself again. Hoping it works out for us...
    Well said. This season has been a bit hit and miss. I've found Jeff, for one, to be all over the place - sometimes still his sarky self but too often overly saccharine. It was particularly obvious in the season (thankfully not series) finale.
    At times it's been a bit overly self indulgent (the finale again) but we know there's still good in it and I hope we can see more of it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Called it, renewed...... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I'm guessing Dan Harmon wouldnt come back? Chances would be incredibly slim but would be appreciated I think. Excited to see who will replace Chevy & what the story is with the college. Professor of Law?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I'd be more curious to see how NBC will be treating it next year.... they've done a real number on it this year delaying it and then airing episodes out of sequence. But they renewed it so it must be doing something right.

The show needs to improve hugely next year.

On the plus side, no more Chevy Chase!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Evil Annie is just ludicrously hot. I'll miss pierce though.

• Advertisement

I wonder if there is any chance of them changing the time slot. Perhaps the Monday or Tuesday time slot.
    The show would probably do a lot better if it wasn't up against TBBT.

Parks and recreation would so better against it I think, and it's rumoured to be the final season anyway so ratings wouldn't be as important.

Are we getting a full season or another 13 episode mid-season slot?

Edit: NVM, the Wiki says 13.

miralize wrote: »

Don't think they announced that yet, the wiki can be edited by anyone so wouldn't use that as a source.

Don't think they announced that yet, the wiki can be edited by anyone so wouldn't use that as a source.

The reference linked to this http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/05/10/community-renewed/182100/

Deffo mid season, or end of season....like March or something.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Since I'm still a few episodes behind in this short season the news of a renewal was greeted with indifference on my part, does it deserve it? Hell no! Is it the worst comedy on tv, also no...2 and a half men is still running :P
    Had this been community's first season i definitely would not be tuning in, loyalty to what it was is all it has left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Called it, renewed...... :)

Didn't you call it cancelled about 4 million times before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Now that Chase is gone, emotions have cooled down and all sides involved have had time to reflect, there is speculation that Harmon may come back, especially if this turns out to be Community‘s final chapter. (I’d heard that, with the show’s future at NBC in limbo, there were a number of suitors clamoring to pick up Community for a final installment.) There are no deals in place but I hear there certainly is interest in bringing Harmon back in some capacity.
    Source

Would be great, but can't see it tbh...

My dream would be him back & Richard Ayoade coming in a writer :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Can't see Harmon coming back, although it'd be pretty awesome. I'm pretty happy about the renewal. Yeah, season 4 was definitely hit and miss, but I still love it :P

I still haven't gotten around to watching the finale actually! (I don't care about spoilers hence reading here/reddit is grand). Going to go watch it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

If Harmon came back, the season opener should begin as follows...

In an homage to Dallas Abed steps out of the shower and realises the last year has all been a dream...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

tumblr_lldde1mMgW1qdxktn.gif

In an homage to Dallas Abed steps out of the shower and realises the last year has all been a dream...

And that he's been using the dream as a mechanism to deal with Pierce's unfortunate boat accident

I think that'd be rude and unfair on the current show runners/writers. It's basically telling them that all their work was rubbish and not fit to be used. And whilst some might think that is true, I think the writers did their best on a low budget and a short season and should be given a bit more respect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I think that'd be rude and unfair on the current show runners/writers. It's basically telling them that all their work was rubbish and not fit to be used. And whilst some might think that is true, I think the writers did their best on a low budget and a short season and should be given a bit more respect.

They could do a double twist.

Abed believing the whole season was a dream is the actual dream.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

The criticism of season 4 is a bit harsh. Yes some of the episodes were below the standard that had been set in previous seasons. However there were still episodes of real quality that lived up to the show's standard. I quite enjoyed the finale, not perfect, some storylines issues but given that there were only 13 episodes in the season it was understandable. I laughed aloud a few times during the finale, I thought it was quite good overall (though maybe the sight of evil Annie has made me slightly biased in its favour)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭colinod0806

Another poor episode. Probably should have been canned, all things being fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭sky23

wow just found out it was renewed for a 5th season. wasn't expecting that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

I really don't see Harmon coming back, he hasn't exactly been holding back in his criticism of Sony and NBC on his podcastHarmontown and it was much more to do with Dan's relationship with the other writers than with chevy that lead to him getting fired
    Would love if he did come back mind

Also Ifor one was glad it got renewed :)
    As for season4 finale? It was more clever than funny imo

congrats to the fans on breaking the 99,000 barrier!....lets see can we get 100K

• Advertisement

wprathead wrote: »
    I really don't see Harmon coming back, he hasn't exactly been holding back in his criticism of Sony and NBC on his podcastHarmontown and it was much more to do with Dan's relationship with the other writers than with chevy that lead to him getting fired
    Would love if he did come back mind

Also Ifor one was glad it got renewed :)
    As for season4 finale? It was more clever than funny imo

his ego got him fired...period

his ego got him fired...period

You working as a writer there? :pac:

Community isn't in the fall schedule, so it could be February until we see it again, or earlier if one of their new comedies fail.

PandR is now taking the 8pm slot, will be interesting too see how that does against TBBT.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Well I' delighted it was renewed. The last season wasn't great, but I think there's still a lot of potential there. I'm hopeful that they can recapture some of the humour they had in earlier seasons and come good again. I'm glad that they at least get the chance to try. And don't forget, they still have some seriously talented people to work with:

yzTFF.gif

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

stevenmu wrote: »
    Well I' delighted it was renewed. The last season wasn't great, but I think there's still a lot of potential there. I'm hopeful that they can recapture some of the humour they had in earlier seasons and come good again. I'm glad that they at least get the chance to try. And don't forget, they still have some seriously talented people to work with:

Come good, try? No, this is community now, this season and more of it is what we have to look forward to. If I'm wrong I'll be happy to be, logically it's not going to go backwards, only further down this slippery trek of dumb dumb comedy.

Very funny.

On the recommendation from some Boardsie, I started to watch the Larry Sanders Show. I'm on episode 9 of Season 1 and there's a moment where Larry is talking to his guest, the mother from Home Alone, and they mention how they met last at Chevy Chase's party. What's funny is they remark about how he made them feel uncomfortable.

stevenmu wrote: »
    yzTFF.gif

most annoying thing about community fans....these feckin gifs :mad:

most annoying thing about community fans....these feckin gifs :mad:

tumblr_mmjlo51OIt1qz8631o1_500.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I'm shocked it got picked up for another season. The ratings must have been good. Season 3 was hit and miss but season 4 was just dire. It was okay once you weren't expecting it to be funny. A nice way to waste 20 minutes but utterly forgetable

Grimebox wrote: »
    I'm shocked it got picked up for another season. The ratings must have been good. Season 3 was hit and miss but season 4 was just dire. It was okay once you weren't expecting it to be funny. A nice way to waste 20 minutes but utterly forgetable

The ratings weren't great, not terrible though, nearly all of NBC's comedies where either finishing up, or were cancelled, so that helped, and the fact that it was close to syndication.
    They'll have passed syndication after this season, so the only way a season 6 is possible (then a movie) is if it gets good ratings, nothing else will help.

• Advertisement

I'm looking forward to sitting down over the next few days and watching the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Harmon aked back.
    Dan Harmon just told the audience of his podcast Harmontown that he has been asked to return to Community!
    As soon as Dan said it, he asked that it be edited out of the podcast and it was just for us audience members(and I wasn’t going to say a word) but soon after that Dan said “Ahhh **** it. I don’t care who knows!” He jokingly said that he would only return if they brought Chevy Chase back too but even he couldn’t stop laughing at that idea.

also, anyone catch his cameo in S04E02 of arrested development?

Called it! All that it needs now is Ayoade! :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Interesting; and I guess that confirms that there will indeed be a season 5. On balance I thought season 4 was pretty poor, with a fairly horrendous finale, so it's good that Harmon might come back & put shape on the show again. On the other hand, much of the rot that warped Community from the highs of seasons 1 and 2 could be seen in the Harmon-led third series; you could argue that the most recent season simply continued what Harmon started, so I remain cautious about his news
    Harmon aked back.

also, anyone catch his cameo in S04E02 of arrested development?

No, must re-watch that episode so; where/when does he appear?

pixelburp wrote: »
    Interesting; and I guess that confirms that there will indeed be a season 5. On balance I thought season 4 was pretty poor, with a fairly horrendous finale, so it's good that Harmon might come back & put shape on the show again. On the other hand, much of the rot that warped Community from the highs of seasons 1 and 2 could be seen in the Harmon-led third series; you could argue that the most recent season simply continued what Harmon started, so I remain cautious about his news

It was renewed already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Clicky

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

It was renewed already

Was it? Oh ok, I must have missed that (or else memory is worse than usual); point still stands, my enthusiasm for this announcement is guarded. But we shall see!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Was it? Oh ok, I must have missed that (or else memory is worse than usual); point still stands, my enthusiasm for this announcement is guarded. But we shall see!

tumblr_m0wqzwtsd31qidxum.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 48 rossy1044

If Dan Harmon comes back he should write the new season as if the 4th never happened!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

he has a podcast and nobody tell me http://harmontown.com is it anygood?

Advertisement