Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Community - Season 4 [US] *Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

he has a podcast and nobody tell me http://harmontown.com is it anygood?

I love Harmontown- they play DD at end of every episode for like 30mins, very funny..
    Real Abed is one my favourtie guests they bring up now and then, Dan's friend who Abed was based on- sounds nuts
    Kumail is top quality comedian who usually takes part in the DD at end
    Well worth listening to podcast imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭camz09

he has a podcast and nobody tell me http://harmontown.com is it anygood?

It's fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Lots of rumours coming out that Dan is indeed coming back to work on Community for season 5, though still nothing confirmed.

Not sure if this can be taken as confirmation:
    http://i.imgur.com/PItC1T6.jpg

He doesn't say what he is coming back to. I'm hopeful anyway.

edit: https://twitter.com/danharmon/status/340859201922412544

Looks like its official :D
    Bring on season 5.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Delighted. S4 has been very much hit and miss, either way no episode made me wanting more Community, unlike S1-3. Really looking forward to 5 now. I wonder if Chevy could come back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Delighted. S4 has been very much hit and miss, either way no episode made me wanting more Community, unlike S1-3. Really looking forward to 5 now. I wonder if Chevy could come back

Doubt it. Didnt Chevy take issue with Harmon too?

• Advertisement

miralize wrote: »
    Doubt it. Didnt Chevy take issue with Harmon too?

Dan said a few weeks ago when the rumours first started that he would only come back if Chevy came back too.
    He probably went back on that condition, but would love to see them both back.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

This truly is good news!

Dan said a few weeks ago when the rumours first started that he would only come back if Chevy came back too.

I'm indifferent. If he doesnt want to be there...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

He's back, officially. Thanks to Joel McHale, apparently.

http://io9.com/earlier-this-week-we-heard-that-dan-harmon-was-in-talk-510837366

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Great news. Now all we need is Richard to predict the show will be cancelled and everything will officially be back to normal :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

In fairness, the show probably will get cancelled at the end of next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

I think that was a joke, seeing as he burst into laughter after saying that. They didn't get on during season 3.

This is nice news, i'm not sure how they can bring Jeff back to the show in a realistic way.
    I should point out that a lot of season 3 episodes were quite weak though

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Kilkenny14

Great to see Dan Harmon back. So is everyone going to pretend season 4 never happened, just like the medical college season of Scrubs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭sky23

Kilkenny14 wrote: »
    Great to see Dan Harmon back. So is everyone going to pretend season 4 never happened, just like the medical college season of Scrubs?

what are you on about and what is this number 4 you speak of, everyone knows 5 comes after 3

I hope Season Five will be the last one, that way it could all be wrapped up the way it deserves.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

No bro, 6 seasons and a movie... BELIEVE!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

EyeSight wrote: »
    I think that was a joke, seeing as he burst into laughter after saying that. They didn't get on during season 3.

This is nice news, i'm not sure how they can bring Jeff back to the show in a realistic way.
    I should point out that a lot of season 3 episodes were quite weak though

Jeff disillusioned with life as a shark in the corporate world has grown and matured comes back in a teaching capacity to Green Dale

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I'm hopping to see more of Annies boobs

3og5sd.jpg

I'm hopping to see more of Annies boobs

3og5sd.jpg

Subtle.

I really, really hope that they bring back Professor Duncan. I know that the character is generally disliked but I've always had a soft spot for him.

• Advertisement

I really, really hope that they bring back Professor Duncan. I know that the character is generally disliked but I've always had a soft spot for him.

I've never seen any dislike for him, hes always been an awesome character imo, but I think he left because he was busy with his own show.
    I hope they bring back Brie Larson and continue her storyline with Abed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

If the shooting schedule for season 5 is over the summer, then you wont see john oliver back. he's hosting the daily show for jon stewart.

wprathead wrote: »

That would be difficult if the s4 showrunners are still on the team...

I've never seen any dislike for him, hes always been an awesome character imo, but I think he left because he was busy with his own show.
    I hope they bring back Brie Larson and continue her storyline with Abed.

A lot of people disliked him as a character and he seemed to the only characters whose every appearance met with disdain from some people
    If the shooting schedule for season 5 is over the summer, then you wont see john oliver back. he's hosting the daily show for jon stewart.

There's every chance that he could pop up at some stage. A series of Community is show over a number of months and it's not uncommon for scenes to be shot months after the initial filming has wrapped.

There's every chance that he could pop up at some stage. A series of Community is show over a number of months and it's not uncommon for scenes to be shot months after the initial filming has wrapped.

true but the daily show, is a well... daily show, recorded live in new york, with a lot of work going into each one. Oliver pretty much confirms what I said here. He'll come back, if asked and only if he ****s up the daily show so much he's kicked off. which probably wont happen.

true but the daily show, is a well... daily show, recorded live in new york, with a lot of work going into each one. Oliver pretty much confirms what I said here. He'll come back, if asked and only if he ****s up the daily show so much he's kicked off. which probably wont happen.

Which I why I pointed out that filming Community will take months and many scenes may be shot in the Autumn and Winter, at which stage Oliver will have a lot more free time.

Isnt john oliver a producer of the daily show? If he can do that and community, i'm sure he squeeze a few days for the filming

Isnt john oliver a producer of the daily show? If he can do that and community, i'm sure he squeeze a few days for the filming

He hasnt been on Community for what, 2/3 seasons? He also has a stand-up show on Comedy Central

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

which is a real shame, he was one of the better characters, hopefully he does reappear at some point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Every time I see him on The Daily Show I hear "I've got a real big penis and I drink lots of tea"

I just wanted to share that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Dan Harmon didnt like season 4, still wants to cast Bill Murray.

So my theory as to why Jeff's surname is winger was right!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Dan Harmon didnt like season 4, still wants to cast Bill Murray.

So my theory as to why Jeff's surname is winger was right!

He really should have kept his mouth shut. I can see why he departed from the show in the first place. There will be some bad blood once he comes back to the writers room

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Jeez, that's pretty damn unprofessional from Harmon; whether season 4 was awful or not, he should have kept his opinions between himself & and other writers at best, not wash his dirty linen in public. Poor form.

You guys aren't too familiar with Dan Harmon eh? :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

You guys aren't too familiar with Dan Harmon eh? :P

I knew he was outspoken, but figured having left the show he'd at least have the sense & common courtesy not to trash season 4 in public. I'm sure none of his peers were in the least bit surprised, but even so, the man's a bit of a spanner...

I'm surprised he talked **** about Sony too considering how easy it is to fire him.

pixelburp wrote: »
    ... the man's a bit of a spanner...

Can't really argue with that :P but he did create one of the best comedies of recent times, maybe you need to be a bit of a tool to manage such a feat :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

He can be unprofessional all he wants as long as he makes the new season witty and funny no one will give a hoot about his outspoken nature.

I stopped watching season 4 after 5 episodes as it hurt looking at it.... Going to act like it didn't happen :o

HazDanz wrote: »
    He can be unprofessional all he wants as long as he makes the new season witty and funny no one will give a hoot about his outspoken nature.

I stopped watching season 4 after 5 episodes as it hurt looking at it.... Going to act like it didn't happen :o

Watch the last three episodes, they were pretty good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Nic Cage's "Lincoln" Lost Audition Reel http://teamcoco.com/video/nic-cage-lincoln-lost-audition-reel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I shouldn't have listened to that podcast, I don't like Dan Harmon at all now

Grimebox wrote: »

Probably good that you did as he's the same guy you liked before you listened to the podcast, that's him through and through and he's never pretended to be anything else. :)

I enjoyed the podcast, I knew about it but never really listened to many more. I'll probably start listening more regularly now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Grimebox wrote: »
    This is why I don't listen to Harmontown I think. Dan Harmon did indeed create my favourite show ever(TM), but he's definitely a bit of a prick. And I don't want to listen to it and then start to get p1ssed off by him. But at the same time it's nice to see someone not be an absolute lickass to the network system/Sony just cause they pay his bills. So I might actually listen to it maybe :pac:

I enjoyed the podcast, I knew about it but never really listened to many more. I'll probably start listening more regularly now.

Harmontown and The Bugle are the only two podcasts I listen to religiously

..it really makes you want to play D&D at the end of every episode though :P

I'm glad he issued an apology to the writers though (which is quite un-Dan-like)
    I did think there was some good writing in Season4, but it just didn't feel right without Dan to lead it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭camz09

It didn't really feel like he 'insulted' the season 4 writers if you listen to the whole segment. People react as if he was attacking them personally. He was just expressing his opinion, as his right as its creator. I've heard worse reactions. Yep it might be less tactful, but it's Harmontown! It's the open and public (honest, gut punch) therapy kind of forum that makes it what it is, take it or leave it. And dan is pretty much watcha see is watcha get. He even said it's the corporates agenda to have writers against writers. Trust the media to vilify and take stuff from harmontown out of context.

Although the best part was the father-son atonement part. S#/* got real!

• Advertisement
Advertisement