Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attic floor cost?

Options
  • 28-08-2011 5:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭

Just got our tenders back for the re-furb of our new (old) house. Shocking, to say the least :eek:

One query I have is the cost of the attic flooring? 'provide 18mm plywood to attic joists over insulation specified? Now I don't have the size of the attic, but it's a 3 bed terrace house, so pretty small. The quote is 928. I think that's excessive given the price of the flooring boards. Am I wrong?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

assuming area of 60 m2 rate is approx 15 €\m2. Not so shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

Just got our tenders back for the re-furb of our new (old) house. Shocking, to say the least :eek:

One query I have is the cost of the attic flooring? 'provide 18mm plywood to attic joists over insulation specified? Now I don't have the size of the attic, but it's a 3 bed terrace house, so pretty small. The quote is 928. I think that's excessive given the price of the flooring boards. Am I wrong?

Are you getting ply or flooring boards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

Carpenter wrote: »
    Are you getting ply or flooring boards

Plywood.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

Plywood.

And can you find out the area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

Carpenter wrote: »
    And can you find out the area

Approx 29 sqm