Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electro Harmonix 44 Magnum

• 28-08-2011 6:29pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,033 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I have my eye on this tiny amp (Magnum 44), and plan to use it to run a cab I made a few years ago after seeing this thread.

I made the cab and then left it sitting for yonks :rolleyes: as I couldn't find a suitable small amp for it.
    The EHX Magnum 44 looks like it might be just the thing for this cab. Anyone ever used on e of these?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

How the hell do they fit a power amp into that?

Bet it doesn't weigh as much as my Mesa 2:90 amp.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Elysian

I have one. My rig at home is an Axe FX which I play through two active FRFR wedges which sounds great, but since I dont have a car atm I cant bring the wedges to practice so instead I use a 44 Magum as a poweramp between the Axe FX and a 2x12 cab we have in the studio. Despite having a tone stack in it its pretty flat and works really well with modellers. Its also really loud has a lot of clean headroom. Providing you have something you can put in front of it to shape its tone I'd 100% recommend it. Here's a kind of cool video about it:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭zafo

How the hell do they fit a power amp into that?

Bet it doesn't weigh as much as my Mesa 2:90 amp.;)

Look up D-class amplification. Same kinda thing as the Crate Power Block, Ashdown Little Giant, Genz Benz Shuttle etc etc. And no they're very light.. ;)

Also really popular in car stereo systems, especially the boy racer massive bass types.

Advertisement