Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meeting up for Harvest trail

Options
  • 28-08-2011 6:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi there, I am off to Australia in January, and will be looking for Harvest work in February. I just wondered if there were any guys/girls on here that were in a similar position and wanted to chat? Maybe about meeting up in February and traveling as a group?

I've never done this before so would be nice to chat to some people. I have rellies in Oz so planning to stick with them in Jan (plus Mum is coming over for a two week hol) so in that time will also look for a car etc.

Have heard that potato picking in South Oz is good. I'm trying to do seasonal work so that can apply for my 2nd WHV.

Be good to meet up so cost of petrol could be shared? Or would just be interested to speak to anyone with some experience on this?

I've tried searching on here about looking for people to chat too but mostly just brings up working holiday visa information and what you need to do etc.

I've already got my WHV, gonna set up my own Bank account and authorize when I get into Oz -same with tax number so don't think I need any help on that front.

I will be in Sydney 2012 - January, currently in the UK South - email me if you fancy a chat.
    (Nothing rude please - cheers)

I've just come back from Australia and loved every minute of it. Coming back to England was harsh / drizzly wake up and I plan to get back out and try my best to get sponsorship (hence wanting the second WHV - overlap / 6 months = 1 year permanent work)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

OP, it's not that we don't appreciate the idea, but maybe post nearer the time.
    Everyone's plans will change once they hit oz.

If anyone is interested, PM the OP directly

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement