Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Warning in the Rugby Forum

• 28-08-2011 6:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭

Dear Dempsey,

You have received a warning at boards.ie. This is an automatically generated message.

Reason:
    Breach of Peace

Don't respond to posts report them instead

Warnings are just a gentle reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you will see listed in the Forum's Charter. If you're confused about this warning or why you received it, please PM the forum Moderator(s) and ask. Remember that our Mods are volunteers and are not always online, so they may not be able to answer you straight away.

Original Post:
    [post]74066195[/post]
    DylanJM wrote: »
    http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/couple

Couple: Two people or things of the same sort considered together

Sorry feeling a bit cheeky tonight. :pac:

:facepalm
    3 informal an indefinite small number
    :[as pronoun] :
    he hoped she’d be better in a couple of days
    we got some eggs — would you like a couple?

I question your interpretation of the english language

All the best,
    boards.ie

I believe this warning to be harsh but the moderator stands by his decision when we discussed it via PM

This is the thread in question

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056370517

We didnt troll each other, there wasnt any flaming and the thread stayed on topic yet I 'breached the peace'.

I would like a CMOD to review this please.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

With the World Cup coming up we have had many band wagon posters joining the forum, with many attacking each other i.e. the post and not the posters and in a good few threads we have had to remind people of this, so although it hadn't been specifically outlined on this thread it should be common knowledge not to attack other posters.

The run of the conversation was

tolosenc wrote: »
    Yes, couple means 2. In the last 24 months, we have been awful. In fact, we were awful in the 2009 6N.
    Dempsey wrote: »
    Couple means two years?? Thats news to me, must let the oxford dictionary know too.
    Sorry feeling a bit cheeky tonight. :pac:

Dempsey wrote:
    sorry feeling a bit cheeky tonight. :pac:

:facepalm
    3 informal an indefinite small number
    :[as pronoun] :
    he hoped she’d be better in a couple of days
    we got some eggs — would you like a couple?

As a result I infracted both DylanJM and Dempsey for trying to derail the thread and having small pop shots at each other,

For Dempsey it was the comments
    Couple means two years?? Thats news to me, must let the oxford dictionary know too.
    and
    Dempsey wrote:

that made me feel that he was having sly digs at other posters and seen as though warning have been put on other threads to stop, I felt that I once again didn't need to reiterate it and so infracted both users

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I'm not a bandwagon poster or whatever pigeon hole you are trying to use there, I've been posting in the rugby forum for quite a while.

The thread wasnt derailed, me & DylanJM said our piece and left it at that

I just pointed out the meaning of a word that they were obviously using wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

I'm not a bandwagon poster or whatever pigeon hole you are trying to use there, I've been posting in the rugby forum for quite a while.

I never suggested that you were, I stated that due to the amount of new people that usually don't post in the Rugby forum posting there due to the world cup, the amount of people attacking posters instead of posts has gone up considerably
    I just pointed out the meaning of a word that they were obviously using wrong.

and I didn't infract you for that, I infracted you for what I saw as sly smart comments that where directed at other posters in an attempt to get a rise out of them

I never suggested that you were, I stated that due to the amount of new people that usually don't post in the Rugby forum posting there due to the world cup, the amount of people attacking posters instead of posts has gone up considerably

and I didn't infract you for that, I infracted you for what I saw as sly smart comments that where directed at other posters in an attempt to get a rise out of them

My comment wasnt an attempt to troll, it was correcting someone and there is only so many ways you can do that. The other poster didnt see it as trolling, as you can see from his reply to the post. There was no attempt to derail the thread just posts clarifying what 'couple' meant.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

This is a conversation that should have taken place by PM prior to starting a thread here. The DRP is for CMod intervention once you have failed to reach a resolution by PM.

Please leave the issue for a Sports CMod to deal with. Joe, for future reference, please don't post in a DRP thread until you're invited to do so by a CMod or Admin, cheers.

• Advertisement

We did discuss this via PM (I said this in the OP) and it ended with me asking to have it reviewed by CMod's and Joe pointed me to this forum and I posted here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I'll have a look today.

Apologies. Didn't get to this today. Should have time tomorrow.

This one is close enough to the borderline. I think the tone of the post is more than one of just correcting someone as you put it though. I think a yellow card (which is very mild, even in the context of the Rugby forum charter rules on infractions) is justified.

Advertisement