Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lifehacking pics - Simples.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

mrcheez wrote: »
    Take off glasses to read small print? Nice trick!

If only there was such a thing as a pair of spare glasses, or some sort of glass lens that magnifies things, or a camera phone for taking a picture of the numbers, or uh, I don't know, another human being who could read those for you... It's a real shame none of them have been invented, yet. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

New Home wrote: »
    If only there was such a thing as a pair of spare glasses, or some sort of glass lens that magnifies things, or a camera phone for taking a picture of the numbers, or uh, I don't know, another human being who could read those for you... It's a real shame none of them have been invented, yet. :rolleyes:

1355331549061.jpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

DivingDuck wrote: »
    A floor drain will leave the floor wet. This (if properly designed and used) will not.

Meaning you can have a shower, and the next person can use the bathroom immediately in their socks or slippers without getting wet feet.

It would work great as a disabled shower if it could be used without having to fold down the base - there would need to be a drain flush to the ground, obviously.

1355331549061.jpg

Oh, was it a joke that made that whooshing noise as it went past my head? Silly, silly me, I thought it was a deadline! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

The floor will be wet after that contraption aswell!

It seems to be more of a space saving measure but what people are supposed to do with that extra 3 foot of floorspace they've saved I have no idea...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Thargor wrote: »

It seems to be more of a space saving measure but what people are supposed to do with that extra 3 foot of floorspace they've saved I have no idea...

Prob be ideal for tiny apartments or bedsits etc tho

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Thargor wrote: »

I'd say you'd just need to ensure it had drained fully before lifting it up.

It would be very handy for having space to get changed after the shower. Would be ideal on a luxury yacht or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,292 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Yawns wrote: »
    Prob be ideal for tiny apartments or bedsits etc tho
    The shower is rarely taking up the room.
    I've designed a few small units with tiny bathrooms. And it really has to be toilet cubical sized in order to not not have room for a shower
    Besides the space you save is still in the bathroom. It's not really useable space.

Mellor wrote: »
    It's not really useable space.

Sure it is, I get changed in the bathroom, and if my bathroom were any smaller then I'd probably require something like this to gain the extra 3 foot. Great idea.

Not sure it's a lifehack though.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

This is the lifehack version

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

rubadub wrote: »
    This is the lifehack version

Bonus points for posting that with that username.

Sure it is, I get changed in the bathroom, and if my bathroom were any smaller then I'd probably require something like this to gain the extra 3 foot. Great idea.

If you bathroom where smaller you would probably just not changed in there. ;)
    I don't think you'd need to worry about where you get changes, they would be room for anyone else in the place.

If you bathroom where smaller you would probably just not changed in there. ;)

You haven't seen me after a cycle up to Howth summit ;) Bathroom is probably the safest place to get changed :)

You haven't seen me after a cycle up to Howth summit ;) Bathroom is probably the safest place to get changed :)
    I don't know why but I just pictured that guy who shat himself during a marathon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

This guy surely gets points for effort....

life-hack-fails-featured-copy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

11248065_836680269701508_1083975385200485107_n.jpg?oh=aeea68e96ba7f588dffa28b8383039c8&oe=56CFBC8B

Nice (until one of them falls)

Do my eyes deceive me. Crisps in the fridge? Why god why?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,460 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Yup , it's terrible isn't it - yours eyes do deceive you - that's a cupboard

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

That's a pantry, not a fridge. And people keep crisps in the fridge because it's... cool. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,358 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

It's an eye-decieving pic. I thought they were bags of dog food.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Ezra Wibberley

It's an eye-decieving pic. I thought they were bags of dog food.

Exactly what I thought! I lost any sense of scale for a moment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

^^^
    Shenanigans, whenever I boil a potato in it its skin, I need a knife and fork to peel it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

^^^
    Shenanigans, whenever I boil a potato in it its skin, I need a knife and fork to peel it.

Attempting this ask I type. Will report back

Results:
    Worked pretty well. Skin came off easy. Only had the spuds in the boiling water for 5-10 mins. Figure it would work better in the centre wasn't fully cooked, plys I was putting them into a stew so would finish off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

I cant see it working with a flouery (spelling) type of potato as some break apart easily. eg kerr pinks, or golden wonders...
    maybe suited to roosters or queen mays.

but ive never done it that way so cant say anything. Ill give it a go tonight if i remember and report back.

For reference I used baby red potatoes

• Advertisement

Life pro tip: Eggs make for awesome lube. Not even kidding. Crack one of them suckers open and slather up your cock, and you'll be sliding into even the dryest of pussies with ease.

:D:D:D:D

*cue chat about salmonella in the box:pac:

Advertisement