Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gerbera C&C

• 28-08-2011 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭

any feedback most welcome thanks :D

gerberas_by_superflyninja-d4814w9.jpg

gerbera_bw_by_superflyninja-d481brz.jpg

gerbera_b_by_superflyninja-d4847a0.jpg

gerbera_2_by_superflyninja-d481b88.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭kfish2oo2

I'm not too keen on the harsh shadows and overbright highlights on the first one, but the subject matter does look very promising. Did you use a pop-up flash?

The second and third look great, but the fourth one looks wrong. Are those odd lines meant to be there? If so, remove them. They look like something went wrong during compression and the resulting file is partly corrupted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

kfish2oo2 wrote: »
    I'm not too keen on the harsh shadows and overbright highlights on the first one, but the subject matter does look very promising. Did you use a pop-up flash?

The second and third look great, but the fourth one looks wrong. Are those odd lines meant to be there? If so, remove them. They look like something went wrong during compression and the resulting file is partly corrupted.
    yeah I was thinking of removing the shadows on the wall. I must be blind,where abouts are the harsh highlights? or do you mean the image is a bit too harsh?
    yeah the lines on the last one are not present on the actual file. Seems there was a problem uploading. must reload....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,096 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I must be blind,where abouts are the harsh highlights?

I'd say it's the highlights on the stems on the first two flowers on the left - they look like they caught the flash a lot more than the rest of the stems, which retain their green.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

The first one looks like the flowers are blinded in the headlights. The shadows suggest direct on camera flash. The bright areas on the flowers look all shiny and white and light is too harsh.

Ideally with something like flowers you want to capture their delicate texture. Softer lighting is a must. If you're using a speedlight bounce it off something like the ceiling or use a diffuser. If you used the pop up flash on your camera hold a sheet of paper (or even the end of a plastic milk bottle) over it to soften the light. You can even use a card to help bounce the light.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

yup on camera flash.cool ill try those tips about covering the flash. thanks for the tips...what do you mean about using a card to bounce the light?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Put a white card in front for the flash at [latex]45^\circ[/latex] to direct all the flash light upwards onto the ceiling.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭simplybam

Hya,

imho, there's a lack of focus in the second image should be on the center of the flower, leaving the petals out of focus. In the actual image it's nearly impossible to discern any real focus - so a slightly smaller aperture should do the trick.

The third image is pretty much the opposite - there's too much of the flower in focus. A bigger aperture with the focus again on the center of the flower would make it more interesting.

Again, just my opinion

Advertisement