Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printer for iPhone 4

Options
  • 28-08-2011 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Ok, heres what Im looking for. I want to be able to print documents and pictures direct from my iphone even if im not connected to the internet. Ive checked them out in Currys and Harvey Normans and to be honest the staff didnt seem to know a lot about what I am looking for. When You open a picture on the iphone there is a print facility, I want to be able to click on that and just print away. The printers ive seen in the stores are wireless but as far as i can understand from the assistants you have to be connected to the internet to do this. Anyone any ideas?
    Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭The Big Gig

Don't need to be connected to Internet but do need to be connected to same network. i.e. Through wifi. Some of them might have an ad hoc mode whereby the printer creates the network and you simply choose that network on your IPhone's wifi. But if you have wifi at home then any of the ones with AirPrint will work. I have the hp photosmart 310 and it works the bomb.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

There's a lovely wireless printer/scanner/copier from HP in PC World for €50.......works well with the iPhone/iPads etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Do you have an Airport Express (The Apple router). If so you might be able to just plug your printer into that via USB (depending on the printer).

If not +1 on the HP Printer in Currys/PCWorld.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭cracker

Canon have an app that lets you print photo's directly from your phone to one of their printers. The app lists the compatible models. I have just bought a canon and downloaded the app but haven't tried it yet so I am not sure if it is just for photo's but it does say it does PDF printing direct from iPhone or iPad. But you do have to be on the same network as the printer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Anyone got a link to that pc world printer sounds great for €50!

Edit is this the one?http://www.pcworld.ie/Product/HP-Photosmart-eAllinOne-Wireless-Multifunction-Printer/300814/315

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

fox007 wrote: »

Edit is this the one?http://www.pcworld.ie/Product/HP-Photosmart-eAllinOne-Wireless-Multifunction-Printer/300814/315

That printer is very good, my mother got and I've been able to print from my iPhone 4. The prints are top quality. If it stays at €50 I hope to get it myself in the next while. The only thing is you're limited with the type of cards it takes.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭eorpach

I have the HP Officejet 6500A Plus. Work's great. It connects to WiFi and your iPhone4 connects to the same WiFi - then a print button option comes up whenever you're looking at printable material on your phone. You can also email documents to it and it'll print them out automatically (the Printer actually has its own personal email address - not a memorable one though!)

Looks like its half-price on Amazon.co.uk at the moment -they deliver free to Ireland: http://www.amazon.co.uk/HP-Officejet-6500A-e-All-in-One-Printer/dp/B003VMZSMY

P.S. The one on the PCWorld link differs to the one I have from Amazon.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

fox007 wrote: »

Thats it. Some printer for that money. Reasonable money for ink too......

Advertisement