Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very very bad experience in Power City

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

peace2804 wrote: »
    Well first of all to deal with my formal complaint about the way I was treated in the store.
    I am not ready to put a foot in any Power City store because of that.

The second thing I would like to receive an email explaining to me my options because sometimes what they can say on the phone they can't really write it if you know what I mean.

The third thing is to deal with my request in a serious manner and not only tell me that they will look after me, if I have done my best to go to a store and to bring my TV with me without any real solution they can at least organise for somebody to come home and take the TV with them, give me accurate deadline and then bring it back, as simple as that.

OP, you're not doing yourself any favours here. You're acting like a bit of a diva and power city or any other retailer would be right not to entertain your "demands". Going on your previous statements they would be very wary to put anything in writing/email as it seems you would do your utmost to twist things and make unreasonable demands.

If it goes to the SCC you will most likely lose because you are refusing to bring the product back to the retailer for inspection. There is no such thing as "the customer is always right" in the SCC, a judge will see through unreasonable behaviour by a consumer and efforts made by a retailer to resolve a situation. How you felt you were treated and your emotional distress won't be a factor in the claim, the SCC don't care in the slightest.

Get over your issue with the person in the store and bring your TV in to get this resolved. Otherwise you'll be left with it and it'll be nobodys fault but your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭peace2804

I don't call it stubbornness but determination.

Just to give you some updates, I have exchanged few emails with customer service, the decision that we came to is that I would have to bring the TV to one of the stores, leave it there for troubleshooting and if there is any issue with the TV they will offer me a refund if this is what I wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭skinny90

any update?? :P

Advertisement