Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Showers in School

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Yes of course I would, I wouldn't have a shower. We have 6 showers in our school but they're not used. There simply isn't any time and I presume that's the same in most schools. In all honesty, I doubt the school is being serious about the showers. It's unreasonable to ask girls to take open showers in school. I'd say it's more a case of if you have a problem with roll on/hygiene/smelling then take a shower.
    As a guy not long out of seconday school we had the same issue regarding open showers. Some guys on sports teams used it but not after PE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

I know I'd never have gotten naked in front of my classmates at secondary school.......I would've been mortified!!

Cant say i was a fan of communal shower when at school as a guy, but it was more to do with having terrible skin and being embarrassed about it, still,
    thinking about it now, I'd have thought it was cos they didnt give a damn about what we thought, assumed there'd be dividers between showers these days?
    We didnt use deoderants much/if at all cant say i like a face full or a breath of deoderant either and I dont have asthma.
    Having another illness, I'd say its very difficult to categorise all asthmatics as having the same triggers and consequences of exposure to these triggers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

I live with a family of asthmatics, my dad was one (he died) my husband and 3 kids have/had it eldest child grew out of it.

The only one affected by spray deodorants is me, im not asthmatic but it gives me an awful bad migraine. One of my migraine triggers being strong scents..... my husbands asthma is triggers psychologically, if he leaves his inhaler behind he will start wheezing, my sons have the asthmatic cough just like their 2 aunties on their dads side.

if the school has banned spray deodorants use the sticks they are good, if you want to get spray deodorants back in why not start a petition, and if the asthmatics want spray deodorants get them to sign it too...........

Advertisement