Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stable Valley Equestrian Centre

Options
  • 28-08-2011 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hey Guys,
    Just wondering if anyone can shed some light on this. I used to ride at this riding school when i was a child, i was wondering what happened to it, or if anyone had an idea of an exact location.
    i was very young when i rode here but i remember the name and its around southside dublin near where the DSPCA is i think?
    Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

I've never heard of Stable Valley before but I know that Rathfarnham Equestrian Centre (in past 5 years has converted into a livery yard) used to be near the DSCPA but moved around 7 years ago a bit more up Stocking Lane?

This may be where you rode as a child as it seems to be the only riding school ever to be up along those roads, everything else seems to be livery yards unless one of those livery yards used to be schools aswell which I am not aware of.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Tiggers86

Hey,
    Thanks for your help, i must have a drive up and see. From the pictures i can see on the internet it doesnt look like the right place.
    To be honest i think it may be gone,
    It was fairly small place, down a small driveway with the stables in front of you as you drove in the arena(outdoor) on the right and a stream on the left behind the shop.
    It was a lovely place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

I used to ride there myself years ago, it was off up past Rockbrook School heading towards Cruagh Wood on the right. It's long gone now, sold off and a big house built on the site. Not sure if the arena and stables are still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭silverfox88

arena and stables are still there if its the same place im thinking of, small outdoor out the back that you can see as you head up mount venus road, definitely private.. otherwise could have been rathfarnham when it was down in woodstown before the houses were built?

it was such a lovely place its a huge shame its gone.
    Thanks for all the help :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

Actually is this where Woodtown horse show used to be held? I think the last time it was on was in 09?

i dont know tbh, was never at them...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Actually is this where Woodtown horse show used to be held? I think the last time it was on was in 09?
    Nope Woodtown House is opposite the old DSPCA site up off stocking lane, near rathfarnham golf club, the far side of mount venus. Stable Valley is up past Rockbrook School near Cruagh Wood. They are a fair distance apart. Stable valley wasn't on the current Rathfarnham riding stables site either.

Advertisement