Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medicine and Leaving Cert Chemistry!! Advice

• 28-08-2011 8:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Right, well, I've decided after having done arts for four years (and loved it I might add) to go back and do LC chemistry so that I can apply for graduate medicine in England!

Great, but where do I start? I know that I have to register with my local school etc to do the actual exam but as regards the subject itself could I just buy the book, exam papers and dig into it myself? Is there a practical exam now, or extra coursework that needs to be done?

Thanks in advance for the help,
    Peter

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭ehshup

well i've been doing it a year, now in sixth year and it seems quite approachable , it definitely wouldn't be impossible to do. The exam papers are good to do as the same questions come up and they've already asked most of the possible questions anyway so they would help. another good resource for chemistry and organic chemistry (and a range of other topics too) is www.khanacademy.org . He has some great videos explaining chemistry - it's like having your own teacher.
    There's no practical but students are supposed to do about twenty practical experiments and record their results and have them stored for the exam commission if they want to check them but it's extremely rare for them to check so you'd probably be fine, but you'd still have to know the theory behind all the experiments. Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 moladd7

ah youl be fine ! its very straight forward to be honest shoudnt be a problem for ya mate !!

Advertisement