Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Cycling

Options
  • 28-08-2011 8:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have been banned from the cycling orum for pointing out that advice given by a poster is advising behaviour on the road that is illegal.
    The forum is not welcoming of debate that challenges the views of the regular posters. Many people who are new to cycling seek advice on the forum and the advice that is dispensed is often illegal, dangerous and provocative.
    I feel it is important to point out such posts as new cyclists dont need advice that will get them in trouble. A mod called Vladimir gave me a permanent ban for being anti cyclist.
    In his PM to me he highlighted his own bias on the issue by informing me "In this instance you've characterised one member's contribution as illegal and dangerous when that is far from the case." (my bold)

The moderation on that forum is appallingly biased to the extent that many first time posters on the forum simply never come back allowing a culture of provocative, motorist baiting posts which advocates illegal and provocative behaviour by cyclists. This should not go unchallenged. Most forums on boards don't allow posts which advocate illegal behaviour - it would be very worthwhile if such a condition was applied to the charter for the cycling forum and was policied by an unbiased Mod or Cmod.
    If such a charter rule existed and was policed properly I wouldnt feel compelled to challenge the posts on the forum

I would like my ban rescinded as it was unjustifed and the mod in question is clearly biased.
    I dont know how to link the thread in question - [erhaps someone can help me do that?

Fencer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

I have been banned from the cycling orum for pointing out that advice given by a poster is advising behaviour on the road that is illegal.
    From what I can see on that thread, that's not the case.
    To start with, the advice you said was illegal does not appear to be so - both the advice and your criticisms of it were vague and didn't have any citations of what aspects of the Road Traffic Acts were being broken.
    That's not "debate that challenges the views of the regular posters", it's just complaining about subjective interpretations of vague statements.
    A mod called Vladimir gave me a permanent ban for being anti cyclist.
    That's not really the case though, because the stated reason for the ban was for several instances of trolling. Between posts like this one and the point that you have amassed 11 bans spread over four forums, including one for multiple accounts and four others for trolling, I'm inclined to accept that.
    The moderation on that forum is appallingly biased to the extent that many first time posters on the forum simply never come back allowing a culture of provocative, motorist baiting posts which advocates illegal and provocative behaviour by cyclists.
    That's a fairly serious thing to allege - can you give a list of first time posters who never came back to the forum because of something a mod said?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Between your two accounts you have a total of 15 bans from a total of under 700 posts. It seems clear to me that you're a constant source of trouble. I'm giving you a month off from the site. I hope when you come back you will have changed your ways. You should not try to register another account to circumvent this ban or you all of your accounts will be permanently banned.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement