Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Accident in Howth

• 28-08-2011 8:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭

I saw it and it looked like a fellow cyclist got badly injured or killed by a car that was passing by. I saw a member of the rescue team trying to revive a person.. not sure what happened. Does anyone know what happened and if the victim survived?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭slipstream

where in howth?

colm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭wolf moon

I don't know the name of the road, it's where (driving from Dublin City) you turn right in Sutton, pass the graveyard on the right and drive further up the hill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭chakattack

wolf moon wrote: »
    I don't know the name of the road, it's where (driving from Dublin City) you turn right in Sutton, pass the graveyard on the right and drive further up the hill.
    Thats terrible. Hope he or she is ok. Were they going up or down the hill?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,071 ✭✭✭✭neris

wolf moon wrote: »

Its carrickbrack road. Hope there ok theres nothing on news sites about any one being killed

chakattack wrote: »
    Thats terrible. Hope he or she is ok. Were they going up or down the hill?
    Down the hill I guess. All I saw were the Gards, Fire Brigade and someone lying and being revived in the middle of the road - road obviously blocked, etc. cars turning back... Lots of mess. It didn't look good at all, but I can only hope that it wasn't fatal accident. I drove back to exit Howth the other way via the harbour, at the time I got back to the Sutton junction I saw 2 ambulances going like crazy in the direction of the accident.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Arequipa

Cycle by there a lot.
    Hope they're okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭munsterleinster

When was this?... Went up to the summit at 8.00 this evening and no sign of anything

When was this?... Went up to the summit at 8.00 this evening and no sign of anything
    Around 6:00pm yesterday.

Advertisement