Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidil Silvercrest DVD player

• 28-08-2011 10:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

I just reserve a Sony DVD player for 42euros Argos then just saw this in the sunday papers.

What grab me is the card reader and usb port.
    Wonder if worth buying the Silvercrest or not?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

I just reserve a Sony DVD player for 42euros Argos then just saw this in the sunday papers.

What grab me is the card reader and usb port.
    Wonder if worth buying the Silvercrest or not?

I bought one a couple of years ago, primarily for the USB post and its still working a treat.

Very easy to unlock the region as well if thats of interest. It also plays any format I through at it, whereas my much more expensive Panasonic downstairs is much more fussy.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭paradisepaddy

hi guys,

can someone please help me out with resetting the tv back to play in 720p mode. I stupidly (i guess) tried to see would 1080p increase the resolution any on a burned dvd only to find that my TV most likely doesn't support this mode. All I get now is a blue screen. the DVD player is on and I can hear voice music skipping sound through the tv speakers (like a scratched DVD).

If anyone could get me the exact remote button presses to get into the video menu and to press 720p I would really appreciate. from memory I pressed over 3 times and down 4 but not sure after that...

Its a good little dvd player I got for the kids. Failing that i'll bring it up to DID or something like that to see if they would let me use a more upto date tv. or trawl through youtube vids to see if someone having same problem

thanks in advance.

PP

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭paradisepaddy

actually its all good now. I reverted to SCART to see if that would downscale the picture and it did just that. I could get into the menu then to reset it.

PP

Advertisement