Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ribeiro JJ HL

• 28-08-2011 10:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 525 ✭✭✭

Found this while surfing the interweb. Thought the folks here might enjoy it.

Serious High Light video of the newly established Ribeiro Jiu Jitsu Ireland and their Monster coach Darragh O'connail

Enjoy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 dublin_blanch

first time at the competition this weekend, seen darragh fight he is pretty good and looks like he has a good team.he got beaten at the final by a brazilian guy i think? has he ever been beatin by any irish guys? would he be one off the best coach's around? great HL by the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭bjj-fighter

first time at the competition this weekend, seen darragh fight he is pretty good and looks like he has a good team.he got beaten at the final by a brazilian guy i think? has he ever been beatin by any irish guys? would he be one off the best coach's around? great HL by the way.

Ever is a long time, maybe as a white or blue but I dont think he competed in the Gi then. I don't think he has lost to any Irish guys in the Gi as a Purple or Brown. And yes I think he would be one of the best coaches around, even though he has only had his own gym for less than a year maybe, so its quite a new team he has, but they're coming on so well and competing so well. From knowing him personally, I definately think he is one of the best coaches around.

Great highlight! Darragh's deep half at the start is class! And all the Guillotines and armbars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 dublin_blanch

really never been beaten in the gi at that level thats good, so he must have to go away alot to compete?he is good man. do you train with him bjj fighter??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Ever is a long time, maybe as a white or blue but I dont think he competed in the Gi then. I don't think he has lost to any Irish guys in the Gi as a Purple or Brown. And yes I think he would be one of the best coaches around, even though he has only had his own gym for less than a year maybe, so its quite a new team he has, but they're coming on so well and competing so well. From knowing him personally, I definately think he is one of the best coaches around.

Great highlight! Darragh's deep half at the start is class! And all the Guillotines and armbars.

Not to nitpick but Darragh was beaten by Wayne Fagan here.
    http://vimeo.com/7771116

Personally D_B could well be Darragh seeing as NG-Doc is no longer a viable internet name :pac: RJJ-DOC coming soon.

Great video btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭bjj-fighter

really never been beaten in the gi at that level thats good, so he must have to go away alot to compete?he is good man. do you train with him bjj fighter??

Well Andrew posted above that he was beaten in 2009 so I was wrong, but I wasn't really sure myself so there you go, cheers Andrew. But yes Darragh, along with some other great guys like Tom King and Joey Breslin, go away to England and further into Europe to compete. He also competed in the Mundials for the last two years. I don't train at his gym but I train with him atleast once a week when he comes to SBG.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

I don't think he has lost to any Irish guys in the Gi as a Purple or Brown..

who has be beaten then as a purple or a brown?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 525 ✭✭✭da-bres

yeah he fought wayne in his first ever gi tournament, had not even trained with the gi before then.

Any ways losing is part of the game, If your winning all the time your not fighting the right guys.

Who cares who beat who??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

da-bres wrote: »
    Who cares who beat who??

This.

Edit to add: Great highlight. Watched several RJJ whitebelts in action on saturday and they were very good. Good technical and threating guard game from all of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Chris89

Personally D_B could well be Darragh

What does this mean?

Advertisement