Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Slow down through Howth Village!

• 28-08-2011 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭

Hi! Hope you are well. I was coming down Howth Hill a few weeks ago & went by a cyclist, in a lot of pain on the side of the road, opposite the church. Poor guy looked like he smashed his collarbone and/or shoulder.
    A guy came out from the side road in car & guy on bike came rocketing down the hill...
    Guy on bike swerved, but was going too fast, hit the car & went flying...

Really think we should all slow way down through Howth Village: someone going to be seriously hurt.

Tourists r strolling around, kids comibg out of shops even a wedding there yesterday & people rocketing down on their bikes, way too fast ....

Arequipa.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Yeah it's a bit fool-hardy to tear through the village. There is far too much potential for carnage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Gotta agree. Its a very fast descent and suddenly you are in the village with cars etc.
    Also am always fearful of the end of the descent on the Sutton side as I approach the Graveyard. Always think someone is just gonna swing out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

there was a big gouge out the road aswell a few weeks back on the junction of abbey street and main street heading towards the harbour and you could do some serious damage if you hit it because of your speed coming down the hill or else you have to cross into oncoming traffic. Also the side road at the centra can be dodgy with cars coming down to the junction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

bcmf wrote: »
    Also am always fearful of the end of the descent on the Sutton side as I approach the Graveyard. Always think someone is just gonna swing out.

Ditto. If the road is clear I stay out towards the centre of the road approaching the graveyard for the extra view. You've a better chance of seeing and being seen out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

before you hit the village there is a turn on the right which is difficult enough for cars to pull out of - i'm always wary of someone pulling out across my path from that road so i always scrub the speed off before i hit that spot.

• Advertisement
Advertisement