Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helvick Head - where is path to cliffs?

Options
  • 28-08-2011 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi
    Can any one tell me where the path to the cliffs at Helvick Head is?
    I can only find the obvious one to the cove that is beyond the harbour.
    Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

If you keep going on where you turn down to the harbour, I think. I do know the road is a dead end.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭wagtail99

Thanks, I did try there, that road ends with a house and a turning area, but I could see not see any path.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭wagtail99

Found my way there. You do indeed go straight ahead, instead of going down to the harbour. However then there is a very small road that goes up to the right. Go to the end of this road - where there are 2 new houses - and on the right there is a metal bar gate to a field. Cross this field almost to the end and then just on the left you can go up to a high point, from there you can go to the cliffs, but it seems very steep so I didn't go too far. Wonderful views along the Waterford coast to the East and the West/South.

Advertisement