Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joe Duffy tomorrow

• 28-08-2011 10:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

My daughter and her classmates plan to phone the joe duffy show tomorrow because her school(dont know if im allowed name the school?) has banned spray deodorant and has sent a letter to parents telling them to encourage their children to take a shower after PE, Thing is the school only has open showers with no privacy, Do you think the program would be interested in covering this topic ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Iomib wrote: »
    My daughter and her classmates plan to phone the joe duffy show tomorrow because her school(dont know if im allowed name the school?) has banned spray deodorant and has sent a letter to parents telling them to encourage their children to take a shower after PE, Thing is the school only has open showers with no privacy, Do you think the program would be interested in covering this topic ?

This topic would not interest me as a radio listener.

What's the issue?

As far as I know the use of deodourant is not a right. Nothing illegal about a school banning it's use - and anyway it is better for the environment not to use it.

Open showers! Again what's the issue?
    Public swimming pools, gyms, sport centres all have open showers. Do you want these banned too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

it sould cover that topic like open showers with no privacy thats unreal you dont know who would be lurking about

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 360 ✭✭djrichard

I just think idiots like Joe Duffy shouldnt be on the air. Every taxi driver and OAP listens to the drivel on that show. Everyone on there moaning about this that and the next thing. "I heard this on Joe Duffy....."

Joe Duffy fcuk off

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 360 ✭✭djrichard

and I second that "fcuk off" to all his listeners too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

her school has banned spray deodorant and has sent a letter to parents telling them to encourage their children to take a shower after PE, Thing is the school only has open showers with no privacy,

Can you clarify exactly what the argument is? Are they banning deodorants on ecological grounds or on the grounds that it is a substitute for people showering (which assumedly is offending some of those who do shower)?

sure, sure, suredeodorantcoolpinkrollon50ml.jpg
    shower, shower suredeodorantcoolpinkrollon50ml.jpg

***** pun overload, malfunction, malfunction ******

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

djrichard wrote: »
    and I second that "fcuk off" to all his listeners too.

:eek:

Less of the personals pal!

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭marty1985

"They banned them Joe?"
    "Lynx?"
    "Yes!"
    "Sure?"
    "Sure!"
    "Sure, sure. Sure is banned, OK, OK, stay there Eileen"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

OP, what's the reason behind the ban?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Liveline thread not good enough for ya??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

They could just use deodourant wipes if they don't want to shower.

This sounds like a silly childish issue that parents should not get behind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

They could just use deodourant wipes if they don't want to shower.

This sounds like a silly childish issue that parents should not get behind.
    In other words,perfect for liveline!

Advertisement