Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In the Noclight: IrishMacTire

Options
  • 28-08-2011 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭

In the Noclight this week, a true son of the Irish soil, IrishMacTire.

Delve gently ...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

What is your greatest achievement in your life so far?

Do you have any pets?

Favorite past time?

Why did you join Boards?

Apple or Windows?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

How did you pick your user name

What is your greatest fear

Do you have dreams or nightmares

Are you a good dancer

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭IrishMactire

Asphyxia wrote: »
    What is your greatest achievement in your life so far?
    Ehrm... I dunno, I haven't done much. Getting a job during a recession with no qualifications and little education... Although saying it like that seems more self detrimental then boastful.

Do you have any pets?
    No pets as of yet. I would love a dog though; either German Shepard, Golden Labrador or a Husky would be great!

Favorite past time?
    Probably either watching films (especially Sci-Fi) or reading (especially Sci-Fi)... Playing video games would be somewhere near my favourite too.

Apple or Windows?
    Windows but I am not one of thsoe people who is totally biased to one or the other; I'd give apple a shot but for now Windows does what I need.
    hondasam wrote: »
    How did you pick your user name
    I'm Irish, I like wolves (mactíre being the Gealige for wolf, as far as I know), couple with that my lack of imagination for user names and there you go; IrishMactíre.

What is your greatest fear

Being buried aliveor living forever, one of those would be my greatest fear for sure.

Do you have dreams or nightmares

Yes, both; Often.

Are you a good dancer

Absolutely not, although me and my brother tend to really tear up the dancer floor at weddings once everyone has had a bit to drink. :D

Keep them questions coming! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flyingoutside

Favourite drink?

What keeps you up late in the lair?

Favourite place in the world?

Favourite drink?
    That great old source of VitaminC, that oh so tasty white stuff; MILK!

What keeps you up late in the lair?

Well I have always been a little nocturnal, from as far back as I can remember I have just always stayed up later than my piers. I usually stay up late watching movies or chatting to friends on various social networking sites and such. Sometimes I just stay up late because I start browsing the Boards and lose track of time.

Favourite place in the world?

Well I haven't seen that much of the world but of what little I've seen I'd say Charleston in South Carolina (U.S.A) would be one of the nicest. Actually I think my bed is probably my favourite place in the world, although it may not get as much sleeping done in it as most beds it is stil la fine bed! :D

Keep on askin' and I'll keep on answerin'!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

In a hollywood film on your life, who would you like to see play you and why?
    Has mustard a mind of its own?
    Ever gone bog snorkling?
    Should gurning be made the national sport of Ireland?

Kojak wrote: »
    In a hollywood film on your life, who would you like to see play you and why?
    Oh wow, not that is a hard question. Nicolas Cage, because everyone gives him flack for being a bad actor but I think he can act very well at times (Leaving Las Vegas, Snake Eyes, Face Off, Bad Lieutenant, Matchstick Men, etc). . . And also because if the movie of my life turned out to be **** I could just blame it on his bad acting :P

Has mustard a mind of its own?
    I don't know, but if it does then that mind is hell bent on making itself something I will hate the taste of.

Ever gone bog snorkling?
    Nope and I don't particularly want to.

Should gurning be made the national sport of Ireland?

Well it as fine as sport as one can have really so why not :rolleyes:

Questions; I want 'em.

• Moderators Posts: 51,773 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

1. do you support any sports teams?
    2. parachute or bungee jump?
    3. last book you read?
    4. do you have a drivers license?
    5. what type of mobile phone you got?
    6. last movie you saw, and was it any good?
    7. do you play any musical instruments?
    8. can you speak any foreign languages?
    9. what would the title of your autobiography be?
    10. outerspace or underwater?
    11. favourite tv/movie alien?
    12. any type of food you really hate?

If you can read this, you're too close!

Ever driven a motorbike?

Favourite book?

Favourite christmas movie?

Favourite soup?

Favourite sandwich?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Why is there so much anger in the world?
    Is baldiness contributing to the anger?
    Will you give Colonel Gadaffi a place to crash when he is driven out of Libya?

• Advertisement

koth wrote: »
    1. do you support any sports teams?
    Nope, not really into sports. I'd support Meath/Leinster/Ireland respectively when they go far in there particular competitions but that is usually more as an excuse for alcohol abuse than actual sporting support.

2. parachute or bungee jump?
    I would not bungee unless paid to do so. Parachuting however, that I plan to do as soon as possible. I have always thought it would be a terrifying but amazing experience.

3. last book you read?
    The last book I read was 'Xenocide' by Orson Scott Card, it is the third in the Ender series by Card. Currently reading 'Children of the Mind' which is the fourth in the same series. I would recommend the first one, 'Ender's Game', to one and all. The rest of the series however is not quite as good.

4. do you have a drivers license?
    I have a provisional, keep forgetting to book lesson, hoping to have a full license as soon as I possible but working irregular hours keeps getting in the way of progress on that front.

5. what type of mobile phone you got?
    Some cheap Motorola thing, bought it in Aldi/Lidil for like €20.00. Hoping to get an I-Phone come October.I've never spent much on phone, I like them simple; just get the basic jobs done and I'm happy with my phone. Although that may change come October when I hope to get an I-Phone (or other smartphone).

6. last movie you saw, and was it any good?
    'Hobo With a Shotgun' was the last movie I watched (a few days ago), I watch movies on an almost daily basis. As for it being any good? If taken seriously, or if you are not a fan of gore then; No, it was rubbish. If taken as a joke and/or if you have indulged in alcohol consumption then: Yes, worth a watch if there is nothing else to do.

7. do you play any musical instruments?
    I started learning piano several years ago but after passing the first few exams I gave it up, due to lack of interest and lack of natural talent; It was too tedious learning when I have no rhythm and am tone deaf... However I would love to try and learn to play the Harmonica some time.

8. can you speak any foreign languages?
    I have English, Irish and some French but not much. I think if I moved to France I could pick it up easily enough though. Languages were probably the only thing I was good at in school.

9. what would the title of your autobiography be?
    "Life is a Suicide Mission - The Story of One Man's Existence."

10. outerspace or underwater?
    OuterSpace... Although I always have been a strong swimmer.

11. favourite tv/movie alien?
    How can I pick just one!? That is a cruel question :rolleyes: . . . Hmmm, well I have always been fond of the Predators as an alien species, mainly for there culture rather than there physical attributes (which are rather human). This question would be easier were novels included not just tv/cinema. I think I'll go with the Asgard from Stargate SG-1 because they have the whole Little-Grey-Are51-Alien thing going on and have some awesome tech.

12. any type of food you really hate?

Nuts. Peanuts, cashews, almonds, salted nuts, roasted nuts, nuts in deserts, nuts in cereals or on/in chocolate bars. I Hate Nuts! Even coconuts, which are technically a fruit. I can taste the faintest hint of nut in something and it can really ruin something for me... And peanut butter! The smell will clear me fro ma room in seconds.
    Ever driven a motorbike?
    Nope, I'd like to try it though. Driven plenty of those motorbike machines in arcades if that counts :D .

Favourite book?

Either 'Fightclub' by Chuck Palinuik or 'Ender's Game' by Orson Scott Card. 'Use of Weapons' by Iain M. Banks would also be in the running for the top spot, I really can't pick.

Favourite christmas movie?

Die Hard, the first one. Without a doubt.

Favourite soup?

Chicken Noodle. No! Tomato... MMmmm, so good on a cold day.

Favourite sandwich?

A MANWICH. You go to a butchers, get some of every kind of meat they have. Go buy the biggest thickest sliced pan you can find and stack the meat between two slices. You got yourself a MANWICH...You also have a heart-attack a few minutes later.
    Kojak wrote: »
    Why is there so much anger in the world?
    There is so much anger in the world because, although we try to act greater and more advanced, we are still animals with animal impulses and genetic codes that influence or decisions. We have advanced emotions but not so advanced ways of controlling them. Humans will always kill and fight and hate and be angry so long as we stay the species we currently are. That being said we will also love and create and build and imagine. All in all we may be flawed but I wouldn't give up our flaws if it meant losing what makes us Human, what makes us Us!

Is baldiness contributing to the anger?
    Well it sure ain't helping! :P

Will you give Colonel Gadaffi a place to crash when he is driven out of Libya?

I'd nab him and sell him back to the rebels! Make me some money and in a morally acceptable way for once! :D

The questions, they are so many. And yet! I want more!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Kiss a Noc, Marry a Noc? Avoid a Noc and fistfight a Noc?

What is your favourite chocolate bar and packet of crisps?

What is your preference rankings for Wars, Gate and Trek?

Have you started playing the new Deus Ex and did you play the original? what do you think of them?

How many roads must a man walk down before you can call him a man?

If you were flung back in time and met a prepubescent Hitler would you kill him to prevent the deaths of millions?

If you could have a super power what would it be and what would your superhero name be?

Daddy or chips?

Maguined wrote: »
    Kiss a Noc, Marry a Noc? Avoid a Noc and fistfight a Noc?
    To be honest I don't think I even know four Nocs to pick to go in those roles, I don't actually talk on these forums much, more of a lurker.Just really liked the idea of the Noclight so thats pretty much all I'm here for. So whoever wants to fill those roles is more than welcome to jump on in and kiss, marry, avoid or fight me and I'll recipricate. :rolleyes:

What is your favourite chocolate bar and packet of crisps?

Favourite bar would be a Crunchie and favourite crisps would be Chickatees.

What is your preference rankings for Wars, Gate and Trek?

GATE!.. Second would be Firefly, thirdly Battlestar, then Trek followed up in last place by Wars. . . I know I added some in but I couldn't help myself. :D

Have you started playing the new Deus Ex and did you play the original? what do you think of them?

Played the original; Loved it to bits, amazing game and would advise people to play it even to this day.
    Almost bought the new one today but I'm gonig to wait until I am totally finished with Fallout: NewVegas before I get anything new (currently on 180+ Hours Gameplay on NewVegas... I am king of the nerds! :P )

How many roads must a man walk down before you can call him a man?
    One; The Road of Life, all walk it and it makes men of us all in one way or another.

If you were flung back in time and met a prepubescent Hitler would you kill him to prevent the deaths of millions?

No because for all we know if Hitler hadn;t come along someone Even Worse! would have, you can't go messing with the past or you mgiht destroy the future. I would just conform to the ways of that time and fit in best as I can and just live out my life so as not to make the future of mankind any worse than it already is.

If you could have a super power what would it be and what would your superhero name be?

The power to transform between human shaped, feral wolf shaped and wolfman shaped at will. I would simply be called Mactíre (also each form woiuld have a distinct advantage and disadvantage other than the obvious ones but I won't go into all that detail :) ).

Daddy or chips?

Daddy, for he is bringer of the chips and supplier of the oven and table and all which is great in the world of dinning!

MORE!... Questions that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Did you ever play Werewolf: The Apocalypse or any other White Wolfe games?

Maguined wrote: »
    Did you ever play Werewolf: The Apocalypse or any other White Wolfe games?
    Nope, no idea what that is. Is it video game, table-top game or what?... Would love to hear about it; PM me.

Plus de questions, si vous plais.

• Moderators Posts: 51,773 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

1. you win the lotto, whats your first purchase?
    2. bionic arm or leg?
    3. pet eagle or tiger?
    4. you have to form a 5 person crime fighting team. You can choose any 5 fictional characters for movies/books/comics etc. Who do you choose and why?

If you can read this, you're too close!

koth wrote: »
    1. you win the lotto, whats your first purchase?
    A big house with a big garden in the country side so I'll have plenty of space for a few dogs.

2. bionic arm or leg?
    Bionic Arm. Just feel it is much more useful and practical and also I just think it is cooler.

3. pet eagle or tiger?
    Tiger! Eagles are cool and all but I mean come on; Its a freakin' TIGER! Especially if it were one of those white ones, is it Siberian Tigers; I think that is what they are called.

4. you have to form a 5 person crime fighting team. You can choose any 5 fictional characters for movies/books/comics etc. Who do you choose and why?
    - Hannibal Lector as the Team's Psychoanalyst/Criminal Profiler: Because he can think like the craziest psychopath out there and he is very good at figuring out what makes people do things and how to manipulate them.
    - Léon (from the movie of the same name) as the Team's Marksman/Assasin/Firearms Expert: Because he is an assassin and marksman and a very good and honourable one. Also he is easy to keep loyal; just keep paying him.
    - Colossus (from X-Men) as the Muscle/BrickWall: Basically there to break down doors, beat up scum bags and take all the fire when things go south.
    - Sherlock Holmes (and I'm sure Watson will tag along as always, twofor!): I think this one speaks for itself, who else can solve crimes like this man can?
    - Any of Tommy Lee Jones' Good Guy Characters: As the leader of the gang, take you pick of his characters; They are all fairly level headed and brimful of leadership potential. I guess his character from The Fugitive/U.S Marshalls will do. That character's name was I Samuel Gerard I believe but feel free to correct me.

Got any questions for me? Well let's hear 'em!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

With thanks to IrishMacTire, probably the most enthusiastic interrogatee evar! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement