Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer holidays

Options
  • 28-08-2011 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

This might sound like a stupid question but I honestly don't know the answer! It just occured to me the other day, what do people who work do with their children during the summer holidays? Obviously creches run all year round but for schoolgoing children, where do they go in the summer? Are there creche type things for older kids, say 5-12? I know there are summercamps but obviously they would only suit a minority of people in terms of times etc. Is getting a childminder really the only option?

Most parents I know have a mum or sister on the scene. Most childminders seem to be somebody down the road who minds children 'off the books' in their homes so I'd love to know what parents who want a more 'proper' set up do. Also, I don't think I have ever heard of creches for older kids, do these exist? If they don't, why not :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 rosie_mama

the creche that DS goes to had kids up to age 12 during the summer. some places also do a summer school.

when we were kids my granny would have minded us for a few weeks in the summer and my parents would have used most of their holidays during the summer months too.

i don't know what we'll do when we get to that stage though! it is definitely tough isn't it!

Advertisement