Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Final Tickets? *** Mod Note Post #1 ***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭hisholinessnb

mossyc123 wrote: »
    g in this respect and you should be able to "opt-out" of 1 game per season.

You can already do exactly this

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭Trampas

mossyc123 wrote: »
    Im just guessing here but I imagine the Season Ticket is not taken up by a lot of people because it actually isn't great value in a number of cases.

Say, for example your a Dub who normally goes to the Hill for every Championship (and ,for this year, League) game.

The Season Ticket will automatically charge you the full price of a stand ticket for each game and issue you a ticket for the stand.

So you'd have to leave the Hill and pay the extra €10-15 per game.

Over 5 Championship games this Summer, that would add up at an extra €45-50.

Some of this cost would be offset by the price of the Stand Ticket for the first Championship game (€25 against Laois) included in the €75 initial cost of the Season Ticket.

But...

The entire cost of the Dublin Spring Series stand ticket was only €45 for the 4 games at Croker... and only €35 for a Hill ticket for the 4 games!

Under the Season Ticket scheme, the 4 League games and the 1st Round Championship game against Laois cost €75.

The Spring Series + buying your own ticket for the 1st Round would cost you just €70 for the Stand and only €50 for the Hill!

At the start of this season it actually made little financial sense for a Dublin fan who'd normally go to the Hill to take up the Season Ticket offer... except of course those who had faith they would reach the Final ;)

Also, if you have holidays booked this year or weren't able to make it for any other reason for any of the games you'd still be charged for it.

I think the scheme needs a bit of tweaking in this respect and you should be able to "opt-out" of 1 game per season.

Edit: Also, maybe have the option to purchase Terrace Tickets under the Season Ticket Scheme instead of Full Price Stand Tickets everytime...

You forgot about the 3 away games in the league

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Galtee

There should be some sort of system in place where you can register at GAA and they will issue a swipe card/card with barcode, and each time you go to a match they scan your ticket and scan/swipe your card meaning they have a record of how many matches you were at etc. and then they could offer tickets to the top X (ie highest ranking of the match goers) come the finals etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Tiocfaidh Armani

Galtee wrote: »
    There should be some sort of system in place where you can register at GAA and they will issue a swipe card/card with barcode, and each time you go to a match they scan your ticket and scan/swipe your card meaning they have a record of how many matches you were at etc. and then they could offer tickets to the top X (ie highest ranking of the match goers) come the finals etc.

I don't even know of any football club in Ireland or Britain that would do that. There's a season ticket, buy that and you're sound, it's that simple. There's not an awful lot left once the clubs get theirs, so not sure that would work.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Feel very sorry for folk like yourself. Your club should run a points system, not a draw. It's lazy doing it that way and the people who deserve them could miss out, and it's happened with you.

To put in bluntly, because I'm an idiot. I also always go to the Hill from Dublin games and a stand ticket for every match doesn't interest me mainly because of the cost.

The main reason is because I have never had any trouble getting tickets through my club before and I like to support the club by paying the extra €2 they charge per ticket to raise funds. It never crossed my mind that they would do a draw instead of looking after the regulars first and now I'm well and truly stuck.

Lesson learned though and I'll probably get a season ticket next season purely to guarantee a final ticket if we get there. Doesn't help me for Sundays game though so as I said if anyone has a spare then send me a pm! Cheers!

• Advertisement

I don't even know of any football club in Ireland or Britain that would do that. There's a season ticket, buy that and you're sound, it's that simple. There's not an awful lot left once the clubs get theirs, so not sure that would work.

I think it would be the fairest option for all. Unless I'm interpreting it wrong the season ticket option means you can be charged for matches that you don't attend which to me seems unfair.

I think it would be the fairest option for all. Unless I'm interpreting it wrong the season ticket option means you can be charged for matches that you don't attend which to me seems unfair.

But if you're a diehard you would be at all home league games. If you're not than you don't deserve one of the 8,000 tickets going.
    To put in bluntly, because I'm an idiot. I also always go to the Hill from Dublin games and a stand ticket for every match doesn't interest me mainly because of the cost.

The main reason is because I have never had any trouble getting tickets through my club before and I like to support the club by paying the extra €2 they charge per ticket to raise funds. It never crossed my mind that they would do a draw instead of looking after the regulars first and now I'm well and truly stuck.

Lesson learned though and I'll probably get a season ticket next season purely to guarantee a final ticket if we get there. Doesn't help me for Sundays game though so as I said if anyone has a spare then send me a pm! Cheers!

Best look after yourself first next time buddy, you looked after them and they didn't return the favour. They passed the buck and held a draw. I don't think it'll be 16 years again before we get to a final and think it's gonna be a much more regular thing so best put your own interests first.

But if you're a diehard you would be at all home league games. If you're not than you don't deserve one of the 8,000 tickets going..

That's not really a very sensible statement, it's not always possible to go to all games and you shouldn;t have to pay for it if you're not going. It's as if you're being punished for not going to a match even though you've already paid the up front 75 and match tickets still need to be paid for on top of that. I understand that there's an allocation but surely this rule of paying anyway should only apply where capacity has been reached.

That's not really a very sensible statement, it's not always possible to go to all games and you shouldn;t have to pay for it if you're not going. It's as if you're being punished for not going to a match even though you've already paid the up front 75 and match tickets still need to be paid for on top of that. I understand that there's an allocation but surely this rule of paying anyway should only apply where capacity has been reached.

Not for the league games they don't have to be, only the championship. 8,000 is a tiny allocation so if you want to buy your tickets ad hoc then it's a bit much expecting a ticket from that tiny allocation when there's 8,000 that do go to every game.

Not for the league games they don't have to be, only the championship. 8,000 is a tiny allocation so if you want to buy your tickets ad hoc then it's a bit much expecting a ticket from that tiny allocation when there's 8,000 that do go to every game.

How many championship games were sold out or near capacity this year? I would guess 3. Both semi finals and the hurling final. Yet if you don't attend championship games whether your team is there or not then you're charged which as previously mentioned I think is unfair unless there is a capacity crowd and you are hogging a ticket that someone else could have had.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Also the fact that you can't get a terrace season ticket is a big factor. Many people prefer the terrace to the stand and there is also the fact that a terrace ticket costs much less and many people can only afford a terrace ticket. The season ticket scheme is a great idea but would be better again with the inclusion of a terrace season ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

Kingp35 wrote: »

you're unlucy by the sounds of it, like myself i go to a lot of the league games, all championship games that tipp play but i still can get sorted for tickets. its a pity your club didnt look after the good supporters like yourself who turned up for the league matches in all kinds of weather. i mean your club imo should be looking after the regulars like yourself who support them no matter what. maybe they will revert to looking after the regulars and not do a draw for next year if ye get to the final

How many championship games were sold out or near capacity this year? I would guess 3. Both semi finals and the hurling final. Yet if you don't attend championship games whether your team is there or not then you're charged which as previously mentioned I think is unfair unless there is a capacity crowd and you are hogging a ticket that someone else could have had.

The average league attendance was 25,000. I don't think you're getting it. Dublin have an allocation of 8,000. The PP gives you free entry to the league games. That's what the £75 is for. You don't have to go to all championship games to get a final ticket, it's just guarantees you the right to buy one for each game.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭mossyc123

There's not an awful lot of people who attend all bar 1 or 2 Inter-County games so I think these people should be rewarded ahead of anyone else.

The Season Ticket Scheme in it's current form (charging Full Stand Prices for every Championship game even though a regular may much prefer to be on the Terrace) is deeply flawed IMO.

The Season Ticket really isn't "that simple"... it's a lazy system IMO... no reason a loyalty card system couldn't be developed to reward people who attend a high number of games from O'Byrne Cup right through to the Championship.

It's a terrible shame that some of those people are missing out on a Final ticket because they didn't buy into what is a very inflexible scheme.

The average league attendance was 25,000. I don't think you're getting it. Dublin have an allocation of 8,000. The PP gives you free entry to the league games. That's what the £75 is for. You don't have to go to all championship games to get a final ticket, it's just guarantees you the right to buy one for each game.

Oh, I See, so if I buy a season ticket and there are 8 championship games altogether and I willing get a ticket (ie I specifically request one) for 4 of those games but not for the other 3 how many will I be charged for?

With the parnell park pass the €130 just gets you into the national league games. You then pay for Championship games on a game by game basis if you want to go. You could pay for a parnell park pass go to no games and get a ticket for the final. They released parnell park passes last week so im sure the touts got there hands on a few of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Oh, I See, so if I buy a season ticket and there are 8 championship games altogether and I willing get a ticket (ie I specifically request one) for 4 of those games but not for the other 3 how many will I be charged for?

The season ticket is designed for supporters that go to all the games, if you can't go to a game give your ticket to someone else, or if its a championship game, give them the printed ticket and charge them the price of the ticket, which by the way is €5 less for season ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Temp Barry

To put in bluntly, because I'm an idiot.
    Me too.

Had a Parnell Park pass from 1996 to 2010 - "the Ciaran Whelan years".

Missed '95 and now could miss '11!

The ones you attended. You will still get a final ticket.:)

Unless the GAA manage to sell 83,000+ season tickets then you're bunched altogether :)

Oops, worded it completely wrong and was totally ambiguous. Still learning, sorry :)

• Advertisement

Unless the GAA manage to sell 83,000 + season ticket holders then you're bunched altogether :)

You've lost me buddy:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Marse

I'm in the same boat as many others, I have gotten my tickets for every game through my club this year but unfortunately they decided to do a draw with only one ticket per person if you are pulled out and I ended up missing out.

I am a huge fan, I go to every game including League games both home and away and I am devestated that I might not be there on Sunday.

If anyone has a spare ticket for anywhere in the stadium I will be eternally grateful! Please PM me if you do and I will repay the favour in any way I can!

I hate the draw system. On the face of it, it looks fare. But the usual cronies that don't go to a game until the semi or final end up with the tickets and the lads that go all season get stung.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

Also the fact that you can't get a terrace season ticket is a big factor. Many people prefer the terrace to the stand and there is also the fact that a terrace ticket costs much less and many people can only afford a terrace ticket. The season ticket scheme is a great idea but would be better again with the inclusion of a terrace season ticket.

The Parnell Park pass caters for those who prefer terrace tickets.

The Parnell Park pass caters for those who prefer terrace tickets.

The Parnell Park pass is more expensive than the season ticket and it doesn't include away league games. Admittedly the PP pass is a great scheme if you can get too all home Football and Hurling matches and if you go to the club games but realistically that's asking a lot.

Anyway I'm probably just annoyed because I'm not part of either scheme and don't have a ticket!

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I've a Hogan Stand ticket but for financial reasons I'd like to swap it for a terrace ticket plus the €40 balance. Anyone interested, PM me!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 senorsweeney

Flying in home from Toronto on Fri morning for the game and have just been let down on a promised ticket.

If anyone has a ticket that they are looking to sell, please please 'PM' me. I know it's a long shot but will do anything at this stage to get a ticket for the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 horatio1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

I will legally give my soul to anyone who sells me ticket. Anyone who has seen the simpsons will know what I'll have to endure after the game without a soul...

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

That's incorrect, with the season ticket you get first championship game included in the price and then can opt out of one game if required. You will be charged for every other game and automatically get tickets.

Appears to be a mixing up of the Parnell park and season ticket going on?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Marse

I still have a Cusack stand ticket that I'd like to swap for a Hill ticket. PM me if you're interested.

Advertisement