Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Final Tickets? *** Mod Note Post #1 ***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

I've yet to meet someone who was a real GAA fan that failed to get a ticket for an All Ireland Final.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,895 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    I've yet to meet someone who was a real GAA fan that failed to get a ticket for an All Ireland Final.

Thats Bull hickey, and you know it.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Temp Barry

Its different when Dublin are in the final. Already having a big support, a huge amount in the county will suddenly be looking for tickets.

And even though the neutrals give out about us a lot, we're still the most popular ticket in town, everyone wants to see us, so unlike other finals where there's a chance of sourcing tickets from neutral counties, there'll be little or no chance of that for a Dublin v Kerry final.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,895 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Temp Barry wrote: »
    Its different when Dublin are in the final. Already having a big support, a huge amount in the county will suddenly be looking for tickets.

And even though the neutrals give out about us a lot, we're still the most popular ticket in town, everyone wants to see us, so unlike other finals where there's a chance of sourcing tickets from neutral counties, there'll be little or no chance of that for a Dublin v Kerry final.

Exactly, Everyone and their aunty wants to see that match.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

The fairweather fans come out for every final to be fair- it's just that the dubs have less distance to travel so they all want to go.

If it was in Limerick there'd be no bother getting tickets on the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

listermint wrote: »
    Thats Bull hickey, and you know it.

Seriously. I've always heard sob stories 3 or 4 days before a match how such and such couldn't get a ticket, but they always got sorted before the Sunday if they made the effort to get sorted.

It suits a lot of "supporters" not to go to Dublin because "sure there's no tickets to be got".

I used to live in Dublin and often picked up tickets at face vaule on AI final day as a neutral to go along and watch the games.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Live4Ever

c_man wrote: »
    I know it's a bit late now but for next year you should invest in a season ticket.

What's the craic with the season ticket? You get every game in Croker including the All Ireland for a fixed price at the start of the season? Can you pick your seat for the year?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Temp Barry wrote: »
    There are plenty of clubs around the country that charge an admin fee for tickets they distribute. Usually around €2 per ticket I think.

really? I have never ever heard of it happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Luckily my club is small and is only hurling so I'll have no problem getting my 4 tickets. I'm good mates with our man that orders them and I've been at the top of the pile for 4 tickets for years now.

I've mates that play for a bigger club and when there is huge demand they end up being raffled off. Mainly due to big shots in the club pulling strings to get tickets for people that jump on the bandwagon. So for a final that features Dublin there are gonna be a lot of legitimate season long fans that will end up ticketless.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Live4Ever wrote: »
    What's the craic with the season ticket? You get every game in Croker including the All Ireland for a fixed price at the start of the season? Can you pick your seat for the year?

No on both points.

You buy your Season Ticket for €75 and get to go to the League games and your first AI match for free. After that you get a discount of €5 on every AI match except the AI Final (should your team get there). Your seats change every match but at the same time I've been in Lower Cusack 304, 305, 306 and 406 this season (some of the best seats in the stadium). Those are the sections for all season ticket holders.

The only "problem", and it's not a problem if you're a proper 1supporter is you get charged to attend all matches even if you don't/can't go. You get one "opt-out" per year where they won't charge you and you don't get a ticket, for instance I opted out of the Leinster Final because I was at Oxegen. In order to qualify for an AI Final ticket you must attend at least 60% of your county matches - I'll get my AI final ticket because Dublin played 13 matches and I've missed 3.

If you attend 100% of your county matches and your county doesn't make it to the final your name will go into a draw and you may get an AI final ticket anyway. There's no information on how many tickets are available in this Season ticket holder draw but I wouldn't think it's a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

No on both points.

You buy your Season Ticket for €75 and get to go to the League games and your first AI match for free. After that you get a discount of €5 on every AI match except the AI Final (should your team get there). Your seats change every match but at the same time I've been in Lower Cusack 304, 305, 306 and 406 this season (some of the best seats in the stadium). Those are the sections for all season ticket holders.

The only "problem", and it's not a problem if you're a proper 1supporter is you get charged to attend all matches even if you don't/can't go. You get one "opt-out" per year where they won't charge you and you don't get a ticket, for instance I opted out of the Leinster Final because I was at Oxegen. In order to qualify for an AI Final ticket you must attend at least 60% of your county matches - I'll get my AI final ticket because Dublin played 13 matches and I've missed 3.

If you attend 100% of your county matches and your county doesn't make it to the final your name will go into a draw and you may get an AI final ticket anyway. There's no information on how many tickets are available in this Season ticket holder draw but I wouldn't think it's a lot.
    And any provisional finals.

As a Dublin holder we also got the League Final for free and for the two previous years we could have attended the League Final, even though we weren't in it. I don't know if this was extended to other county season ticket holders this year.

No on both points.

Cool, that seems like a decent scheme.

Lets say Dublin made it to both All Irelands and I attended all the Hurling games and missed one football match, do I get tickets for both All Irelands?

Think I'll get a season ticket next year...

Also, Dublin played a few games out of Croker this year, eg Thurles, are those games included in the season ticket??

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Gerb68

How much are these tickets likely to be

• Registered Users Posts: 15,187 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Lets say Dublin made it to both All Irelands and I attended all the Hurling games and missed one football match, do I get tickets for both All Irelands?

Think I'll get a season ticket next year.

There are separate season ticket for football and hurling.

So if you want to follow both codes you will have to buy two tickets, one football, one hurling.

Gerb68 wrote: »
    How much are these tickets likely to be

For what? The All Ireland? I think it's E80? Definetly no less that E75.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭manutd

AI Tickets are €80 for everyone, anywhere.

Each club in Ireland gets 2 tickets for each final, each senior inter-county player gets 2 tickets each.

Tickets wil be available from your County Board.

A lot of clubs raffle their tickets off, as it is the fairest way to give them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Think I'll get a season ticket next year...

Also, Dublin played a few games out of Croker this year, eg Thurles, are those games included in the season ticket??

Season ticket is for either hurling or football, if you go to both you've got to buy 2. (not really an issue in Kilkenny though)

Yeah, the season ticket covers all games not just Croke Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Just did the maths there, and having attended all of Dublin's football games this year, league and championship, under the season ticket scheme I've paid €195 which works out as €15 a game for the best seats in the house when the games have been in Croker, which were 10 of the 13 games.

Even with the price of the final ticket being €80 it will still work out at less then €20 a game with having to do absolutely nothing prior to each game to source a ticket.

The doesn't factor in the two great hurling double headers in the league either, both good games before the football.

Bluetonic wrote: »
    Just did the maths there, and having attended all of Dublin's football games this year, league and championship, under the season ticket scheme I've paid €195 which works out as €15 a game for the best seats in the house when the games have been in Croker, which were 10 of the 13 games.

Even with the price of the final ticket being €80 it will still work out at less then €20 a game with having to do absolutely nothing prior to each game to source a ticket.

The doesn't factor in the two great hurling double headers in the league either, both good games before the football.

I did the maths for myself there, just like you I've saved quite a bit of cash and it only increased in value during those cold evenings in Croke Park in February/March watching the hurlers. I was impressed so much that I went and bought tickets to the hurling league final, and the Provincial/AI matches. Next year it's quite possible I will purchase a season ticket for the hurling code too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Itsdacraic wrote: »

indeed, always the case. dublin will be looking for 100,000 tickets, yet where was those fans back in march and april.

i hope the 5,000 to 10,000 genuine dubs fans get sorted first anyway.

• Advertisement

Season ticket has to be scanned at games and once you have over a certain percentage of attendance you qualify for championship tickets. I have seen "absentee" scanning, ie you get someone who doesn't have a season ticket use yours to get the percentage up.Not saying it's right..of course or that you should...

Are you taking the piss with the scanning? I've been going through the "season ticket" turnstiles (C1 in Cusack) and all I've ever been asked for was my ticket.

I have evidence to support me being at Croker/Clones but you've got me seriously worried now.

Next year it's quite possible I will purchase a season ticket for the hurling code too :)

Good call, with a bit of luck they could snatch a spot in the final next year!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

It seems to vary by ground, some use a print at home ticket while others you just scanned your season ticket, once you've been to the games you should be all right.

You should get an email in the next few days confirming you've qualified ..

May work against you if all the dubs home league games are double headers like this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭DH2K9

Are you taking the piss with the scanning? I've been going through the "season ticket" turnstiles (C1 in Cusack) and all I've ever been asked for was my ticket.

I have evidence to support me being at Croker/Clones but you've got me seriously worried now.

Same here. There is not a problem. Once you printed off your match tickets and they were scanned and you have attended 60% of the matches then you have an All-Ireland ticket waiting for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Just a query re the 60% rule. I've a Parnell Pass rather than a season ticket. Do they apply the same rule? I had Ticketmaster vouchers so used them for my tickets up to and including the Leinster Final so effectively I've only bought tickets for qf and sf on my Parnell Pass which would leave me pretty screwed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Koltashe

Season ticket has to be scanned at games and once you have over a certain percentage of attendance you qualify for championship tickets. I have seen "absentee" scanning, ie you get someone who doesn't have a season ticket use yours to get the percentage up.Not saying it's right..of course or that you should...

As to this year, if you start asking soon enough you'll be ok, Don't know how someone can say they have an All Ireland ticket already.

Nothing wrong in having someone else scan your season ticket.... even says so on GAA website that if you can't make it its OK to have a friend/family membr use your ticket to attend the game.. ;)

http://www.gaa.ie/tickets-and-merchandise/tickets/gaa-season-ticket/the-opt-out/

That rule is only for season ticket holders and is set by the GAA. I've no idea about the Parnell Pass or if it has a similar thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

i will walk dublin for a ticket i will be on hill 16 for the final

i have sent the texts the emails outs

no point in moaning about it i spent 160 on tickets this year not missed one match gave up a holiday gave up oxegen to see dublin

it will be a struggle but i will get to the final somehow and will pay no matter what for a ticket

• Advertisement

adrian522 wrote: »
    It seems to vary by ground, some use a print at home ticket while others you just scanned your season ticket, once you've been to the games you should be all right.

You should get an email in the next few days confirming you've qualified ..
    DH2K9 wrote: »
    Same here. There is not a problem. Once you printed off your match tickets and they were scanned and you have attended 60% of the matches then you have an All-Ireland ticket waiting for you.

Ah great, thanks lads. I was sent print-at-home tickets for all the matches (only attended 1 away game, the league one in Clones) so I got them all scanned. I fired off an email to the season ticket email address just looking to confirm though, can't un-send it now :D

Advertisement