Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Final Tickets? *** Mod Note Post #1 ***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Back page of the Evening Herald is saying that Dublin are only receiving an allocation of 8000 tickets, surely that can't be right?

I've gotten my tickets through my club and haven't missed a championship match yet and been to most of league games but seriously worried about not getting a ticket now!
    Here's the herald article

http://www.herald.ie/news/fuming-dubs-fans-get-just-8000-tickets-for-allireland-final-2862365.html

Again, you have to admit that the season ticket scheme is proving it's worth.
    Those who do travel to all games, including away games, are guaranteed an all Ireland ticket. Great scheme to reward the dedicated fan with a guaranteed ticket over running the gauntlet of a club allocation of rare all Ireland final tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

got my first 2 tickets into the hand today :)!!!

need a few more to sort out the family, but best luck to everybody in the ticket hunt, i know from previous years it can be very stressful, but it normally works out ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Keith in cork

need a few more to sort out the family, but best luck to everybody in the ticket hunt, i know from previous years it can be very stressful, but it normally works out ok.

For the hurling is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Deemol

I hope so, thought I had two from Done Deal but they were looking for over 200Euro each

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mr heckles

Have 2 cusack stand hurling tickets and am looking to swap them for two football tickets .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 g021283

Hi Guys, A fella at work just told me that tickets will be sent back to the gaa 2moro from countys that dont want them (mayo and the likes!!!). He said they would be selling some in Nolan pack and thurles on fri morning!!!

Id imagine they would give them to tipp and kkenny clubs that require more first tbh.
    But I said id let ye know!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

For the hurling is it?

nope, for the football.my contact rang me this morning to say they had arrived and i collected them in the afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Temp Barry

Have 2 hurling final tickets
    Looking to swap for 2 football tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭hanleyc2

nope, for the football.my contact rang me this morning to say they had arrived and i collected them in the afternoon.

@homerjay2005, you have 2 football final tickets sorted already and you are now looking to get more for the rest of the family, you sound like a man with contacts :D

What is your secret. are you in the Dundrum mafia or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭Justin10

Just got my hands on two Hurling tickets delighted.
    If I get my hands on any more il let you know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭factnee

Looking for 2 hurling tickets also. Dublin based

• Registered Users Posts: 10 badger86

Desperately looking for 2 tickets for the game on Sunday.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

For real Dublin fans, the Dublin County Board have a limited amount of Parnell Passes available at present, if you get to the ticket office before 5pm on Friday the 2nd of September. The ticket office is on Dorset Street, near the Red Parrot.

A Parnell Pass (€175 for a stand, €130 for a terrace) gives you free access to all home league games, free access to all Dublin club championship matches and guarantees you a ticket for any senior championship match, hurling and football, though you have to pay for those. It is a variation but better than the season ticket. All Parnell Pass holders are therefore guaranteed tickets to the football final, so don't have the worry of a ticket hunt. If they are real fans, they'll get the advantage of all those other benefits, so it is a great investment.

The Parnell Pass runs from the beginning of the championship to the end of the league, so if you get one now, you've got the Dublin club championship and home league games still to benefit from. So if you haven't got one, and many of us Dubs here have, then you've still got a chance, though they are going fast. Check www.hill16.ie for more information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Flukey wrote: »
    For real Dublin fans, the Dublin County Board have a limited amount of Parnell Passes available at present, if you get to the ticket office before 5pm on Friday the 2nd of September. The ticket office is on Dorset Street, near the Red Parrot.

A Parnell Pass (€175 for a stand, €130 for a terrace) gives you free access to all home league games, free access to all Dublin club championship matches and guarantees you a ticket for any senior championship match, hurling and football, though you have to pay for those. It is a variation but better than the season ticket. All Parnell Pass holders are therefore guaranteed tickets to the football final, so don't have the worry of a ticket hunt. If they are real fans, they'll get the advantage of all those other benefits, so it is a great investment.

The Parnell Pass runs from the beginning of the championship to the end of the league, so if you get one now, you've got the Dublin club championship and home league games still to benefit from. So if you haven't got one, and many of us Dubs here have, then you've still got a chance, though they are going fast. Check www.hill16.ie for more information.

Is that the same as the GAA issued season ticket?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Het-Field wrote: »
    Is that the same as the GAA issued season ticket?

*Ahem*
    It is a variation but better than the season ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

As Clareman has highlighted from my earlier post, the Parnell Pass is not the season ticket. It long pre-dates the introduction of the season ticket and has different benefits, and is still going alongside of the season ticket. When you include the other benefits, although the initial price is higher it actually saves you more money in the long run, so it is better than the season ticket. So if you are interested in the club championship and the league, and you are not an example of the perception of a Dublin fan that the other 31 counties have as being only around for a few games in the summer, then the Parnell Pass is for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,624 ✭✭✭bren2001

Just back from the ticket office, well I was there at 2. Not many terrace tickets left. Only about a hundred or so according to the salesperson. Id get there at 10 tomorrow when they open if your looking for one. I thought I had missed the boat on these when the championship started, assumed it would of linked this years league and championship together. It doesnt. Chuffed it would still be of use AND gaurantee me an AI ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Looking for 2 tickets for this too.. Anywhere in the ground..

Will pay for them up front and will sell 4 Liverpool V Arsenal or Chelsea Kop tickets to whoever has them when they are released from the club..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 liveforhurling

two stand tickets wanted for sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Speak Now

two stand tickets wanted for sunday

Look at the Kilkenny cats website, seems to be plenty of tickets around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Toblerone1978

I have a pair of tickets in both Upper Hogan and Upper Cusack, both centre (sec 731 and 706) respectively, both about 20 rows back.

Looking to swap two of these for two decent lower stand ticket (Cusack or Hogan), a pair is preference.

PM if interested in doing a swap (these are not for sale!).

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭useeme

Looking for one ticket for the Hurling Final. Will travel to collect.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Going by tosays Indo there will be tickets to spare for Sundays match.

LIFE-LONG Kilkenny hurling fans are snubbing All-Ireland final tickets in favour of staying at home after prices soared to €80 for Sunday's game.

Croke Park bosses are expecting a sell-out crowd of 82,300 for the clash between Tipperary and the Cats this weekend.
    However, the Irish Independent has learned that a number of GAA clubs in Kilkenny still have unsold tickets with just three days to go.
    There has been no slowdown in Tipperary, however, with the County Board there reporting no returns from clubs. Fans are complaining of the €10 price hike for stand tickets, and an increase in terrace tickets of €5 (up to €40) for the final.
    There are also complaints that no family tickets are available. A typical family with three children will shell out €400 for tickets alone – before they travel to and from the game or buy food and drink.
    A spokesperson for the Kilkenny County Board told the Irish Independent that tickets were “on the expensive side”.
    “We feel ticket prices should be varied,” he said. “It’s not fair that there’s no change in price if you’re sitting behind the goal in comparison to the middle of the Hogan Stand.”
    Slower
    He also revealed that ticket sales are “slower” than normal as people are struggling to find the cash.
    However, he said he was unaware of tickets being returned to Croke Park as yet.
    Any tickets returned to the Kilkenny County Board that are not allocated to other clubs in the area will be sent back to GAA headquarters.
    There they will be reassigned to Tipperary clubs where they are still in demand. Ned Moran, secretary of Blacks and Whites GAA club in Kilkenny, confirmed his club returned over 40 tickets.
    “I know a lot of other clubs returned tickets too. I’m heavily involved in the GAA and I know there is nothing better than the atmosphere in Croke Park, but you cut your cloth to your measure and families can’t afford it like they used to three or four years ago.
    “I’m on holidays in Kerry now and it probably cost the same as the day out will for myself and my wife in Croke Park. Everything else is coming down, I don’t see why the tickets are going up,” he added.
    However, Mr Moran admitted that Kilkenny fans may be less eager to shell out when they have been “spoilt” by being in six finals in a row.
    Tipperary County Board secretary Ger Ryan said the feedback in their county is that tickets are “in short supply”.
    “People didn’t go during the year in some cases, they were saving up and hoping we’d be in the final. What I’m hearing is that clubs here are looking for more tickets rather than less.”
    Croke Park spokesman Alan Milton defended the GAA’s decision to increase the price for All- Ireland final tickets, pointing out that there’s been an overall reduction for fans throughout the year.
    “We reduced ticket prices by €5 for every other game, we had extra entertainment in the stadium, so we had to introduce the €10 increase to offset losses.”
    He said fans had made savings at qualifier matches, before adding that the event represented value for money compared to “other sporting events”.
    “Over 80pc of what we make is reinvested in the promotion of the games,” he said. “I’m going to the match myself, but I have a lot of friends who won’t make it. It’s just too expensive for many,” said Clara club secretary Carmel Brennan.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/final-snub-lifelong-fans-turn-down-euro80-tickets-2864913.html

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Toblerone1978

Croke Park spokesman Alan Milton defended the GAA’s decision to increase the price for All- Ireland final tickets, pointing out that there’s been an overall reduction for fans throughout the year.
    “We reduced ticket prices by €5 for every other game, we had extra entertainment in the stadium, so we had to introduce the €10 increase to offset losses.”

Does the "extra entertainment" really cost that much? Would fans miss it! He's other point about reducing ticket price to other games is fair enough, I have no problem with Croke Park making hay on the tickets, as this is the only time all these apparent "real" fans goes to matches (approx 20k in Wexford Park for the first round, at most 1/4 were KK folks!).

But equally well, the KCB is spot on - it's madness that a ticket behind the goal in the Davin Stand is the same price as excellent upper stand centre field tickets (which incidental I have a pair to swap for two decent lower stand tickets - PM if you're interested).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 liveforhurling

paper never refuses ink i rang Nowlan Park and girl said they are mad with that article phones hopping mad and not a ticket to be found. tickets are scarce believe me im still looking for 2 stand tickets PLEASE PM me

paper never refuses ink i rang Nowlan Park and girl said they are mad with that article phones hopping mad and not a ticket to be found. tickets are scarce believe me im still looking for 2 stand tickets PLEASE PM me

I was thinking that,how could clubs be sending back tickets and the two best counties playing in the final,sure any fella with an interest in GAA would want to be in Croke Park on Sunday no matter what county your from

• Registered Users Posts: 8,187 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

How much are Hill 16 tickets for Sunday?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Tiocfaidh Armani

I have a stand ticket (Hogan Stand Lower) looking to swap for Hill 16. Not selling the ticket, just a swap.

My club in Scotland here selling theirs for a donation for new kits, which is fair I think.

I have a stand ticket (Hogan Stand Lower) looking to swap for Hill 16. Not selling the ticket, just a swap.

My club in Scotland here selling theirs for a donation for new kits, which is fair I think.

How many tickets does your club get for the Hurling All Ireland?? I think the Hurling clubs down here in Kerry get about 4 each.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Tiocfaidh Armani

How many tickets does your club get for the Hurling All Ireland?? I think the Hurling clubs down here in Kerry get about 4 each.

We get five for each final. I could get tickets for the hurling final for those looking but I'm in fecking Scotland. Sorry lads.

Advertisement