Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Final Tickets? *** Mod Note Post #1 ***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Toblerone1978

I was thinking that,how could clubs be sending back tickets and the two best counties playing in the final,sure any fella with an interest in GAA would want to be in Croke Park on Sunday no matter what county your from

€150 is a lot of money for a day out (assuming €70 for expenses, such as petrol, lunch etc) and is assuming its only yourself taking out. That's a lot to pay for something you have an interest in (as opposed passionate about) when it's on the telly!!

There is no way I spend that much to see the Ireland soccer match tonight and I have an interest in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

How much are Hill 16 tickets for Sunday?

?:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

?:mad:
    40 euro....very expensive for terrace tickets....Tickets I wsh I had by the way !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 clubmayo

We are raffling two Stand Tickets for the All Ireland Football Final - only €10 to enter the raffle.

The draw will take place on Thursday, 15th September and winner will be notified that evening.

More details can be found at www.eventelephant.com/clubmayo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Tiocfaidh Armani

I have a stand ticket (Hogan Stand Lower) looking to swap for Hill 16. Not selling the ticket, just a swap.

My club in Scotland here selling theirs for a donation for new kits, which is fair I think.

BTW, I don't care about the €40 difference in price, I just want a straight swap for a Hill ticket!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

I was talking to the gaa ticket office this morning, they still had 50 parnell park season tickets left. So for €170 you can get an all ireland ticket and enterance to the spring serirs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Tiocfaidh Armani

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    I was talking to the gaa ticket office this morning, they still had 50 parnell park season tickets left. So for €170 you can get an all ireland ticket and enterance to the spring serirs.

So if you buy one for next season you get a ticket for this years final? Good deal that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭Justin10

There all sold out, was going go get one cause our club will be left short.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,871 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

solerina wrote: »
    40 euro....very expensive for terrace tickets....Tickets I wsh I had by the way !!!
    christ! How much should they be? A tenner? A fiver?
    Sure you wouldnt get into a premiership league game for 40 euro in the crappest of seats.

To put perspective on big event prices, I was offered at face value tickets for the world cup semi final direct from FIFA. Not premium level, just normal tickets.
    400 euro EACH they were.
    Now THATS dear! (decided that 800 euro for watching France v Portugal wasnt worth it in the end)
    The all ireland tickets are not dear for an in demand oversubscribed sold out final

U2 concerts are 70 euro or more for standing.
    Even PJ harvey the other month was 60 euro

I'm travelling back from Germany for the Football final and the cost of tickets is the least of my expenses I can tell you!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭Justin10

munchkin_utd......Well said, Totally agree with you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭The Rooster

ANXIOUS wrote: »

I was down there just before 1030 this morning, and they'd sold out by then :(

PP holder for 12 years ... but didnt renew this year. Eejit.
    The downside of getting free tickets for non-sellouts means I might be rightly stuck now!

They were 35 last year, which was more than enough for them, in a recession ticket prices shouldnt be increasing in my opinion !! I know its only 5 euro but for a family with a few children that all adds up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭LFC5Times

Looking for one stand ticket for All-Ireland Hurling Final this Sunday.

Can meet at match or anywhere else in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

So if you buy one for next season you get a ticket for this years final? Good deal that.

Not quite. The Parnell Pass runs from the beginning of the championship to the end of the league. So most of us would have got ours around April or May. So what we have and what were on sale up to today were the 2011/2012 Parnell Passes and we'll have to get our 2012/2013 ones at the end of next year's league. We get free entry to any Dublin club championship match, free entry to all home league games and guaranteed tickets for all championship matches, though we have to pay for those. Away league games and the O'Byrne Cup are not covered. It is €130 for a terrace ticket and €170 for a stand ticket. That is a lot, but you get the value if you do go to a lot of matches, and the peace of mind of being guaranteed a championship ticket for every Dublin match. There is no worry of not getting a ticket for this year's football final for us Parnell Pass holders. So there are more perks than the Season ticket that Dublin and other counties have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭hisholinessnb

I think its a good move from the Parnell pass guys who would normally have stopped selling the passes before the championship starts.
    They are obviously losing many (myself included) to the Season ticket so its a good way to get some more people back in the scheme.

But bear in mind that Season ticket holders are also guaranteed final tickets if the attended 60% of the league and championship games, I can't see why anyone would bother with either if they would not attend 60% of the games.
    Although no attendance is needed with the Parnell pass it's kind of a waste of money to have one and not attend this many games.

If you go to hurling and club championships games regularly the Parnell pass is brilliant value though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,871 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

solerina wrote: »
    They were 35 last year, which was more than enough for them, in a recession ticket prices shouldnt be increasing in my opinion !! I know its only 5 euro but for a family with a few children that all adds up
    if you can land yourself on a family load of tickets for an all ireland final then its a problem you have that not many other can find themselves in !!!

Not to mention that you would have saved buckets on the REDUCED ticket prices for the semi final.

Not to mention that Dublin fans on the hill generally have miniscule travel costs seeing as they all live a €1.90 bus ride from the stadium

If you had to pay proper travel costs you'd know what a day out in Croker can cost. (not to mention trying to get over from Europe for the game - just to checkin a bag costs almost the same as a Hill ticket for the final !!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭hisholinessnb

[QUOTE=munchkin_utd;74174755
    Not to mention that Dublin fans on the hill generally have miniscule travel costs seeing as they all live a €1.90 bus ride from the stadium
    [/QUOTE]

Now thats a Lazy statement if I even saw one.
    It may not be the level of travel (or anything like it) but you you need to bear in mind the thousands who travel from the North county to games, not to mention the many thousand Dubs in exile in other counties (myself included) who also make the trip to the games.
    Dublins fan base extend further than the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭hanleyc2

clubmayo wrote: »
    We are raffling two Stand Tickets for the All Ireland Football Final - only €10 to enter the raffle.

The draw will take place on Thursday, 15th September and winner will be notified that evening.

More details can be found at www.eventelephant.com/clubmayo.

Similar draw here:

http://www.myclubfinances.com/tickets.asp?LL_ID=277&CLB=1

As advertised on Hogan Stand website:

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=154233

Seems a lot of country clubs trying to raise funds the same way!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

christ! How much should they be? A tenner? A fiver?
    Sure you wouldnt get into a premiership league game for 40 euro in the crappest of seats.

True, and not only that, you won't get to see the likes of Man Utd playing Chelsea in a minor match just before the big match either. On some days you'll even get 3 matches for your GAA ticket. For all the moaning about GAA ticket prices, when you compare it properly against other sports you'll see we get great value. By the way, who is playing in the minor match in Lansdowne Road tonight? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭hanleyc2

hanleyc2 wrote: »
    Similar draw here:

http://www.myclubfinances.com/tickets.asp?LL_ID=277&CLB=1

As advertised on Hogan Stand website:

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=154233

Seems a lot of country clubs trying to raise funds the same way!

The prizes are lot better on the Kingscourt Stars draw by the way!!!!

• Advertisement

if you can land yourself on a family load of tickets for an all ireland final then its a problem you have that not many other can find themselves in !!!

Not to mention that you would have saved buckets on the REDUCED ticket prices for the semi final.

If you had to pay proper travel costs you'd know what a day out in Croker can cost. (not to mention trying to get over from Europe for the game - just to checkin a bag costs almost the same as a Hill ticket for the final !!!)

Im entitled to my opinion that the 5 euro hike in terrace prices in unnecessary and therefore I consider the tickets expensive.
    Im not from Dublin so I have quite a bit more than 1.90 in travel expenses....its your decision to fly over for the match so dont expect me to feel sorry for you having flight expenses and bag charges !!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 nennec

Bit of a long shot here but sure no harm in trying I suppose.

I'm trying to swap a premuim level Hurling final ticket for any football final ticket.

I know it's late in the day so I'm happy to deliver ANYWHERE in the country. Not interested in a sale, thanks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

I seriously dont understand why people are whinging that the final tickets prices have gone up by €5 for the hill, and €10 for the stands, despite the fact that all previous games have been cheaper to go to? so in effect, your overall total for the year is down, and with a season ticket, it would be way way down. People love making a big deal out of nothing.

I would like to agree that there should be a family ticket, but how do you manage to sort that? how many tickets do you make available at a reduced price? as much as it would be a great idea, i cant see it working. there is no precedent of it happening in any other major final that I know of.

the one thing they should do, and has been mentioned, is vary the costs in certain areas of the ground. sitting in row z of 715 is not the same as row ff in 306.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭BOHS

Just got the email saying I have my final ticket with the season ticket scheme....love it!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 chris2bhoy

any one looking for a ticket for hurling game tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Toblerone1978

I have a pair of tickets together in sec 327 (Hogan Stand).

Anyone interested in swapping for two tickets in the Hogan or Cusack nearer to the centre line, the two tickets don't have to be together.

PM if you're interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭k4kate

want 2 tickets for football final please

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Extraspin

LFC5Times wrote: »
    Looking for one stand ticket for All-Ireland Hurling Final this Sunday.

Can meet at match or anywhere else in Dublin.

Pm me as I may be able to help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭DH2K9

k4kate wrote: »
    want 2 tickets for football final please

Don't we all:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

1,000 under capacity today at the hurling....anybody that couldnt get them, just was not looking hard enough.

gaa must be down about 60,000 to 80,000 euro on what they expected, which is good enough for them considering they put the prices up.

im down home in kerry at the moment and it looks like the biggest scramble for tickets of all time, out club is getting 40 tickets for 160 people.....my family bought 11 for the 1/4 and had 7 for the semi final and will probably get 1 ticket max meanwhile all the lads who didnt go to any game since cork 2009 will get tickets.

will have to look in other counties for them as usual, im sorted for myself and the missus, but i need 4 for the rest of the family at least...will keep looking until the last minute anyway, they normally always turn up, though im not as confident this year, will be the biggest ever crowd from kerry at a final i think.

Advertisement