Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Part-time Web Development course

• 28-08-2011 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

I obtained a degree in computer science a few years ago and I have worked in Software Testing.

I decided I wanted to move into Web Development and Web Design.

Would you recommend doing the Web Development course at this college.

Does the course have many students?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭the varg

Avoid this college like the plague, not in that exact course but going into Y4 of computing and have to be honest total waste of time, computing in NCI. Majority of lecturers who can't be arsed, or are just very poor standard. College makes big claims but doesn't come close to meeting them.
    It's purely there to take your money and has no care as to the standard of education it provides.
    I cannot emphasis enough what a money grabbing place NCI is and the poor education it offers in return.
    I would most definitely consider other options before opting for NCI. My 2 cents.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

the varg wrote: »
    Avoid this college like the plague, not in that exact course but going into Y4 of computing and have to be honest total waste of time, computing in NCI. Majority of lecturers who can't be arsed, or are just very poor standard. College makes big claims but doesn't come close to meeting them.
    It's purely there to take your money and has no care as to the standard of education it provides.
    I cannot emphasis enough what a money grabbing place NCI is and the poor education it offers in return.
    I would most definitely consider other options before opting for NCI. My 2 cents.
    *mod warning*
    Please do not post anything deflamatory about anybody with out evidence to back it up.
    Also please do not post off topic.
    Your post does nothing to answer the original posters question.
    Consider this a warning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

the varg wrote: »
    Ever hear someone tell you 'you get out of it what you put in to it'? This is coming from a guy that had to actually consider whether to take a course-relevant placement job over a job that was useless but paid well.

NCI have one of the highest rates of graduate employment in the country, and are a non-profit, state-funded organization, so their interest in your money is fairly minimal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I did the Cert & H Dip in Web Tech last year.

Granted there were teething problems with the course but they addressed the issues in january.
    Ive now got my H Dip and going onto a postgrad.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭FeckArseInc

When I complete this course, could I apply for the 'Web Technologies certificate' course next January.

• Advertisement
Advertisement