Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO HELP PLEEEEEEEASE

• 28-08-2011 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi guys. I REALLY need some help here. I'm 15 points off my course which is General Nursing in Sligo. I got offered Veterinary Nursing in round one and Environmental health as my level 8.

Do ye think there is ANY chance I'll get offered Nursing in Sligo in round two despite being 15 points off?

HELP!!!!! :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭bm1993

You have a very slim chance of getting that course. You should accept any offer you did get (presuming you want it) and hope you get offered your first choice in a later round

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Fiona1993

Really........ :(. I am getting re-checks... Thanks for the reply though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 fseoighe

don't quote me though, you should double check but i have heard of people who started a generic course (like arts or your second choice) while their exams were being re-checked.....

and then when the results come back after a few weeks if the results were upgraded you could start your real first choice.

make sure that you double check this info though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

fseoighe wrote: »
    don't quote me though, you should double check but i have heard of people who started a generic course (like arts or your second choice) while their exams were being re-checked.....

and then when the results come back after a few weeks if the results were upgraded you could start your real first choice.

make sure that you double check this info though!

This is somewhat true. If after rechecks you get the points for your first course (or any higher preference course) you will get an offer for that course from the uni BUT it may be to start next year rather than this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭electrictrad

Fiona1993 wrote: »
    Hi guys. I REALLY need some help here. I'm 15 points off my course which is General Nursing in Sligo. I got offered Veterinary Nursing in round one and Environmental health as my level 8.

Do ye think there is ANY chance I'll get offered Nursing in Sligo in round two despite being 15 points off?

HELP!!!!! :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Seriously, rechecks and a 5-10pt 2nd round drop are what yyou have to rely on. . .just pray there isnt a good uptake, and that examiners have made errors correcting your papers. . .

Keep an eye on the CAO in September as well, as offers of free places after 2nd round offers may come through there. . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭bm1993

If you go up at all with rechecks then you'll have a much better chance otherwise chances are slim

• Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭C__MC

Question ,, can i be offered my first round offer again in the second round?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

C__MC wrote: »
    Question ,, can i be offered my first round offer again in the second round?

No. If you have been offered a course in the first round, you either accept it or refuse it. If you refuse it you won't be offered it again.

Advertisement