Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot 407

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Any feedback on the twinturbo 2.2 diesel unit in them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭InchicoreDude

I'm questioning the validity of a 4 year old diesel car with only 35k miles on it.

But isnt it good that there are only 35K miles on it?:confused: Sorry for such basic questions...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Hiace.

But isnt it good that there are only 35K miles on it?:confused: Sorry for such basic questions...

It' very good, but only if it's proven beyond doubt to be genuine mileage.

The average petrol mileage would be about 12-16k per year or thereabouts.
    The average diesel mileage would be at least 16-20k per year, and is often higher.

Modern digital odometers can be very easily clocked using a laptop and the right software.

Alternatively, it can be a sign a car was crashed and lay for a year or two in a salvage yard until it was bought, repaired, and put back on the road.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with this car, but in general, the safest thing to do is always treat all cars with suspicion until proven innocent. And remember, sellers will always have a bull**** answer/excuse/reaction ready, so treat all responses as such until your satisfied with the facts, because some of these lads could win oscars for their acting ability, no problem.

Clocking and mal practice is far more rife than people realise, and dealers can get off the hook by pretending they did not know it was clocked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Not on a diesel. It implies short journeys whichcan damage dpf's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭kermitpwee

bazz26 wrote: »
    I'm not questioning the integraty of the garage selling the car. I'm questioning the validity of a 4 year old diesel car with only 35k miles on it.

Ya I knew that alrite mate but thought I might add my knowledge. Your right with the new diesels low miles are often a disaster.

• Advertisement
Advertisement