Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alistair Crowley - the book of the law

Options
  • 29-08-2011 12:11am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 406 ✭✭

Has anyone else read this? I have it, and i've read it (only once as recommended in the book!!).

If so, what did you think? Do you believe he was really posessed by the egyptian spirit as he wrote it?! Fascinating book all the same!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

I remember reading the opening part, I couldnt really grasp what it was he was trying to say, its also called the Book of Lies, right? I kinda just banked on it he was a lunatic and dropped the book.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

i think he was an absolutely fabulous con man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

How awesome must it have been to be able to just f*ck around doing that all the time?

Why are you only supposed to read it once?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

i havent read 'the book of the law' but i have read a lot on his life...he is the most fascinating (and f****d up) individual ive ever come across. i tried to go along to an OTO ceremony but its all very secretive and after hearing rumours of ritual orgies I decided against i!

would you recommend the book? what did you like about it?

Advertisement