Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone teaching in Thailand or Vietnam?

• 29-08-2011 12:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭

Hi,

As per title, just wondering if anyone on here is teaching in Thailand or Vietnam at the moment?

Looking in to to moving there to teach either primary, or TEFL and would like some information re how to get a job, pay etc.

PM me if you'd prefer.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭rich1874

I was thinking of heading over that part of the world after christmas to do something like TEFL. Maybe either China or Thailand. I haven't done much in the way of preparation yet, still researching different things and options.

What are you looking at? Have you been in contact with any agencies yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Cogar

Hey I'm also thinking of doing something similar myself - do you think that one would still need to do TEFL even if they have degrees etc.? It would be a fantastic experience to go to this part of the world and to live there for a while...!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 meow24

Hi,
    I'm teaching in South Korea at the moment and would recommend it to anyone. All you need is a degree. It is a great way to make money and travel at the same time. I can afford to save 600euro a month and still have fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ajarnmike

Hi
    Living and teaching in Thailand at present. In Thailand for teaching what they are looking for is native speaker, degree, and TEFL.......lots of places in BKK do the TEFL course and they can give links to government and international schools

Being a native speaker, its a great way to experience a new culture and gain work experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

kraggy wrote: »
    Hi,

As per title, just wondering if anyone on here is teaching in Thailand or Vietnam at the moment?

Looking in to to moving there to teach either primary, or TEFL and would like some information re how to get a job, pay etc.

PM me if you'd prefer.

Thanks.

The user 'adsbygoogle' is in Vietnam. Though most of his posts are messed up crap ( I think he just trolls when bored) he's out there and if you PM him he might help you out. I think he is doing it illegally though.

Also, I have a friend teaching in a university in Ho Chi Min and two friends teaching in Hanoi. The ones in Hanoi work from tues-sat while the guy in the Uni is Mon-Fri.

All three of them really like it there and the guy in the Uni is actually getting married to a really nice Vietnamise girl on paddy's day..
    meow24 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm teaching in South Korea at the moment and would recommend it to anyone. All you need is a degree. It is a great way to make money and travel at the same time. I can afford to save 600euro a month and still have fun!

Kraggy is currently teaching in Korea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭tommylimerick

i only have a cert would i still be able to get a job in vietnam or korea if i do a tefl course

Advertisement