Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retailing in IRL

Options
  • 29-08-2011 12:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I am planning to set up a cosmetics selling business online (may be also a shop after sometime). I plan to import producs from US/Canada. Could anyone PLEASE tell me what licences and documentations do I need to have in order to trade in Ireland legally?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

Ireland is one of the most open economies in the world. By that I mean we are not restricted by legislation in most business and can carry out trading almost any product without hindrance or interference from authorities.

I don't think there are any specific laws when it comes to selling skin care products so you should be ok in that respect. You'll likely need VAT registration and possibly some importing info. Send a PM to Rudolf289. He'll be able to inform you of exactly what you need to import goods.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

I'd respectfully suggest you be wary of some US preparations being Over the Counter over there but being regulated here.

I know this applies to some antiseptic creams and burn care jel.

A shop in the North East was fined thousands recently for selling a number of products they had purchased from Northern Ireland wholesalers - they were benign enough medicines, just were regulated here so legally it was counted as illegal importation of controlled drugs.

Advertisement