Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Travelling by bus

• 29-08-2011 2:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

So my and four of my mates are starting in Carlow this year but we're commuting for at the very least half a year. The only issue is we have no idea when the bus times are and the websites are as unhelpful as can be.

We're travelling from Naas and I was wondering does anyone take a bus every morning that passes through and how much is it on a weekly basis, and when it is?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Page 2 of this PDF file has the bus times for JJ Kavanagh service: Dub-Waterford timetable

And this Bus Eireann service usually stops in Naas, Kilcullen and Castledermot on the way: Dub-Waterford timetable

Not sure on the prices I'm afraid, but they stop on Main St. across from the Meteor shop. If You can see one of the buses pulled in, ask the driver about prices :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Crazyfoolgaf

My advice mate, move down if you can. Its a big adjustment, but the commute will begin to wear on you very fast, and its time spent in transit, or waiting around for the bus that you could use to socialize or study. In addition to that, you're not planning your whole schedule around the bus times :P.

Obviously it might not be viable for you to move down, but if you can, Id recommend it :).

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Wolfbrand Morro

My advice mate, move down if you can. Its a big adjustment, but the commute will begin to wear on you very fast, and its time spent in transit, or waiting around for the bus that you could use to socialize or study. In addition to that, you're not planning your whole schedule around the bus times :P.

Obviously it might not be viable for you to move down, but if you can, Id recommend it :).

Unfortunately my parents have been scared off by other people saying that if I move out I'll drop out within a year. Being a first child they have no previous experience. So unfortunately I'm not capable of moving out until next year. It's only a half hour or so on the bus so its not that bad. Plus I know people with houses down there if I ever want to go out

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Crazyfoolgaf

Unfortunately my parents have been scared off by other people saying that if I move out I'll drop out within a year. Being a first child they have no previous experience. So unfortunately I'm not capable of moving out until next year. It's only a half hour or so on the bus so its not that bad. Plus I know people with houses down there if I ever want to go out

Ha, I suppose I can understand their concerns, if you do well this year they'll feel more comfortable with it down the line hopefully.
    At least you can stay down if you're ever out of the night so. Well, best of luck in the next few months mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Wolfbrand Morro

Ha, I suppose I can understand their concerns, if you do well this year they'll feel more comfortable with it down the line hopefully.
    At least you can stay down if you're ever out of the night so. Well, best of luck in the next few months mate.

Yeah hopefully that's the case. Sound :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement