Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Running clothes in Dublin

• 29-08-2011 9:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi. I'm new to running. Started the c25k last week. I am looking fir advice on where is the best place in Dublin area to get clothing for running. in just currently wearing normal tracksuit but finding it white heavy after a while. Also got caught in rain the other night and tracksuit bottoms became a nightmare plus I don't have a real jacket for running either.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Where in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 MrsMoneypenny

RayCun wrote: »
    Where in Dublin?

Well I am close to south Dublin, liffey valley etc

I myself am based in Meath so blanch , liffey valley , trim, Mullingar would be areas easiest for me to get to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

There's a big Lifestyle Sports in Blanchardstown Retail Park, and an Elverys in a retail park near Liffey Valley, I think they both have decent selections.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 MrsMoneypenny

RayCun wrote: »
    There's a big Lifestyle Sports in Blanchardstown Retail Park, and an Elverys in a retail park near Liffey Valley, I think they both have decent selections.

Excellent. Thanks very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭busymum1

TK Maxx is always worth a look. Not sure about the stock in Dublin but the one in Cork usually has big brand sportswear (nike etc) at pretty good prices.. You can be lucky, depends on your size.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

yeah, TK Maxx is always good for a bargain. Make sure you look for the 'technical' tops. All brands do them, Nike's are called DriFit, Adidias have Climacool etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭huskerdu

Keep an eye on Lidl and Aldi, they regularly sell running gear which is usually good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Vitamin T

If you're open to online shopping then I'd recommend wiggle or chainreactions. They're mainly cycling/triathlon shops but have a lot of good gear for runners too. I get most of my stuff from them and have never had a problem. Last time I checked chainreactions didn't have any p&p for deliveries to the Rep of Ireland (they're based up north) too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

yeah, TK Maxx is always good for a bargain. Make sure you look for the 'technical' tops. All brands do them, Nike's are called DriFit, Adidias have Climacool etc.

Good bit of gear in their Stephen green store over the weekend..

Advertisement