Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renewing Irish passports?

Options
  • 29-08-2011 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭

Hey Guys

Any of you know how I go about renewing kids Irish passports from this side of the world. Any info would be great.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

http://www.embassyofireland.au.com/home/index.aspx?id=81799

Would it be reasonable to ad this question to the FAQs at the top?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Mod Link to embassy added

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

My passport is a bit cracked, i'm not sure if i could fly on it, have a feeling that I could enter ireland ok but might cause a stir returning to oz.

going through the embassy is a bit of hassle for stolen or damaged passports, they require lots more info and birthcerts etc. I'm think i might jsut send it home to get my somebody to sort it from there.
    Good/bad idea?

When you off home? at the moment passports are taking 6-8 weeks to process

for years my (older) passport didn't scan in Oz and they just typed the number in manually and it was fine.

I'm not going home until december, so figure i've time to send it home.
    If i go through canberra I might have to supple a copy of long form birthcert, additional ID cards, proof of address etc, I literally don't have any of this.

It should still scan through, and they could type the number, but the crack is about 2 inches long, i'm more worried that it was end up breaking in december when its two late to renew it

• Advertisement

You don't need any of that stuff ?
    existing passport + witnessed photos
    http://www.embassyofireland.au.com/home/index.aspx?id=81808

What documents should be enclosed

Complete all sections of the application form correctly and legibly. Don’t forget to enter your signature in the signaturebox on the left hand side of this section.
    Enclose four recently taken passport photographs .
    Have the witness section of the application form and two photograph signed and stamped by a Garda Síochána, for applications made in Ireland, or by a member of one of the categories listed on the form for applications made abroad.
    Photocopy the photograph page of any existing passport being renewed, include with the application form and retain the existing passport
    Information in respect of applications for first time adults and those who are reporting lost and stolen passports please click here First time adult applicants/Lost and stolen
    Enclose the appropriate fee.

When the passport is lost, stolen or damaged. An additional section needs to be filled out in the form. The damage explained etc.

As of janurary this year, lost or stolen passports through the canberra embassy need to supply additional information I mentioned above. It doesn't specifically say that a damaged passport does, but there is a chances it might be need just becasue that section is filled out.

I'm waiting on a direct response from the embassy. Hopefully they won't need it for a damaged one.

Yeah fair enough.
    Though I wonder if you can just get a new one without saying it is damaged
    as I had 9 months to go on my passport and I renewed mine (mine was in bits)
    I didn't say lost, stolen or damaged, just applied to renew

I guess once you send it with your application it will be okay.
    Again guessing birth cert, id's etc are more for lost/stolen ones

Just after I reply, they get back to me via email.
    If I can return the damaged document then I won't need the additional information.
    Better get that sorted so before they change their minds. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭ambman

Vorsprung wrote: »
    http://www.embassyofireland.au.com/home/index.aspx?id=81799

Would it be reasonable to ad this question to the FAQs at the top?

Thanks for that Vorsprung ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement