Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The N6 Toll at Cappataggle (Ballinasloe)

Options
  • 29-08-2011 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I use the toll on the N6 at Cappataggle, between Athenry and Ballinasloe a few times a month and i am a disabled driver of a exempt car but because they don't have an official badge to use for there toll as other toll opperators do,
    they just keep a list of exempt people inside the booth.
    It takes a few minuets to pass through the toll (with the Que. building behind you) depending on the attendant in the booths.

Most operators just check the list, take your Reg no. and let you through as they should do,

While others seem to want to interrogate you as to your disability which is none of there business, check out your cars adaptation, check your cars tax disc to see if it's exempt etc.

As long as your on there list as a exempt person/car it's none of the operators business (what's wrong with you attitude) but they seem to really enjoy the very small amount of power they hold over you.

I think they should have a badge to use as all the other tolls use, except the M50 automated system which is better still.

Have i been unlucky or caught people having a bad day.
    Have others had bad experiences with them.
    It makes you feel like your trying it on and have to pass a test before they will let you through. It's Very embarrassing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

You really need to escalate this to management. I'm sure the local authority or the NTA could point you in the right direction. Maybe see if you can have a friend with a video camera with you when you go through, so there is no debate over what actually happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭fabsoul

I have the M4 toll exempt car card and have used it on the M6 Toll a few times,

• Registered Users Posts: 31 plon

I have a card issued by the Enfield toll road and use it no problem on all toll roads except on one occasion it was refused at the new bridge in Waterford but accepted on the way back! Ive also used it at Cappataggle , no problem.
    You need to take it up with them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Vote 4 Pedro

I have now just received in the post a toll card for the M4 eurolink and i hope this will make it easier as it's a "official" card it might be better as until now i have had nothing official to use. It would be easier if they had issued there own card.

Advertisement