Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food Processor from Lidl

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

angeldaisy wrote: »
    Has anyone any experience with Lidl's Silvercrest range. Its advertised for this Thursday and looks quite good.

http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/xchg/SID-0D0152EA-A9BFEB6F/lidl_ri_ie/hs.xsl/index_13014.htm

Worth buying?

I have a few silver crest gadgets. No complaints so far. I might even get one.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I have the black version of that that they had a while ago. I use it about 6 times a week and it's brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Out of curiosity, what are the main things people here use a food processor for? I'm debating if i actually need this! So far I can think of mixing cakes, which I wouldn't do that often, making hummus, and making dough with the hook, which, as I am also contemplating the breadmaker, doesn't have a huge advantage. So come on people -what's my justification for buying a 75 quid hummus maker when I have a blender that does a lumpy but passable job at it?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Pampootie I am no use to you with that, I kept the mixer bit of mine and dumped the rest, awful I know but that was all I needed it for! Thinking of buying another to store away, y'know, just in case...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

I love my (black, older version) Lidl processor! I use it almost every day for silly things to save time like slicing vegetables, mixing dough, quick cakes, grating random things etc. I even "made" butter yesterday with the beater :o Migh pick up this one too just incase, like Acoshla.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭SBWife

I can't see that skinny little dough hook being able to knead a decent loaf of bread, but for the price if it manages the other features I'd be happy enough.*

*If I didn't already have a Kitchen Aid and a Magimix in the house.

Advertisement