Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats your favourite christmas movie?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

DakotaYoda wrote: »
    Multiple 'thumbs up' for that if I could.... :D:D:D

"There's room for everyone on the nice list!":D Ok I'll shut up now:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

leahyl wrote: »
    "There's room for everyone on the nice list!":D Ok I'll shut up now:o

After seeing it in the cinema when it first came out, a friend of mine & I were working together in a supermarket, on tills that were side by side and we just kept yelling at each other 'SAAAAAAAAANNNTAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! I *KNOW*him!!' and got the oddest looks from everyone lol

star-pants wrote: »
    After seeing it in the cinema when it first came out, a friend of mine & I were working together in a supermarket, on tills that were side by side and we just kept yelling at each other 'SAAAAAAAAANNNTAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! I *KNOW*him!!' and got the oddest looks from everyone lol

HAHA brilliant!!:D

Another brilliant one is "Does Santa know you left the workshop?"!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,162 ✭✭✭Kiva.D

:) I think The Bishops Wife with Cary Grant is a lovely Christmas movie.

Kiva.D wrote: »
    :) I think The Bishops Wife with Cary Grant is a lovely Christmas movie.

I bought that on DVD last year but still haven't got around to watching it - looking forward to it now!:)

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

Fidler on the Roof Wizard of Oz

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Fred Clause is one of the newer chrimbo movies which is good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Christmas with the Kranks is another good one.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Cherrycola wrote: »
    Christmas with the Kranks is another good one.

Free Frosty!!! :D

It's a good one!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Cottontail

Love Actually. Not really a Christmas movie as such but just based around christmas time.

• Advertisement

Cottontail wrote: »
    Love Actually. Not really a Christmas movie as such but just based around christmas time.

Anything that has a hint of Christmas in it is a Christmas movie to me:D

Cottontail wrote: »
    Everyone loves this movie - I haven't seen it :) I simply must check it out this Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

A Muppet Family Christmas. It's got the Muppets, Fraggles and the Sesame Street cast. What's not to love?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭louise5754

The Family Stone.Anyone seen it? Always makes me cry at the end though:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Has to be Polar Express for me - myself and the little fella learned the words of 'When Christmas come to town' when he was about 5 (he's 9 now) and the DVD is kept in pristine condition (unlike every other DVD I've bought him over the years!)...Love it, love it, love it:D

Oh, and Elf!! Another favourite of mine:D

Here's the polar express song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FxEVFNicPU

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

_Roz_ wrote: »
    I watch a ton of Christmas films, but my one annual tradition is The Polar Express with my mum. Don't have it on dvd so we wait til it comes on the tv (for the sake of nostalgia - back in the day when you couldn't rewind live tv and if you missed it you bloody well missed it! :D) and that's usually very near Christmas. The music is beautiful and so are the visuals.

Aside from that, the usuals include The Santa Clause, Gremlins, Trading Places, It's A Wonderful Life, Jack Frost, Snow Day, Fluke, Jingle All The Way, and usually at some point despite my protests, Home Alone gets put on in the background. Also in my house Star Trek Generations is considered Christmassy and sometimes gets a watch :D

I have to take um-bridge with the association of pre-DVR days (on a 2004 film, no less!) and 'back in the day'..!

Seesh, youngsters these days!

louise5754 wrote: »
    The Family Stone.Anyone seen it? Always makes me cry at the end though:(
    The Family Stone aired on TV in July - funny, sad, beautiful...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Groundhog Day.

Kiva.D wrote: »
    The Family Stone aired on TV in July - funny, sad, beautiful...

On the surface I was sure I'd hate it but it turned out to be more of the most accurate Christmas films I've seen, it just seemed to capture that sense of claustrophobia, festivities and family that define Christmas. I really want to give it another watch this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Groundhog Day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Max Keller

Die Hard 2 would be mine. Max.

The Bishop's Wife was recommended to me by a wonderful friend and it's an equally wonderful Christmas film:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

not a favourite of mine but though id let people know that The Grinch is on now on sky family,the first of November & movies are starting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

delw wrote: »
    the first of November & movies are starting :)

They've been going on True Movies for at least the last week - 1 or 2 movies every night, it looks like. They're all sappy American saccharin laced nonsense, but if you're doing anything Christmassy and looking for background noise...

Has anybody seen the film Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale? I've just stumbled across it and the word of mouth is extremely positive. Any other non-Hollywood unusual Christmas films out there worth seeing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Love Actually!!! :D

\o/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

About this time of year I start to watch Christmas DVDs to get in the mood for Christmas.

Tonight I shall be watching "Deck the Halls" with Danny Devito.

What's your favourite Christmas film?

PS. Tomorrow I will be watching "Christmas with the Kranks" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

Scrogeed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I always watch Love Actually the night we put up our tree, at this stage it doesn't feel like Christmas until I've seen it.

I always love watching the Santa Clause, Muppets Christmas Carol, Elf, Home Alone and the Grinch in the run up to it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

billbond4 wrote: »
    Scrogeed

Bah Humbug!

Advertisement