Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats your favourite christmas movie?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    I always watch Love Actually the night we put up our tree, at this stage it doesn't feel like Christmas until I've seen it.

I always love watching the Santa Clause, Muppets Christmas Carol, Elf, Home Alone and the Grinch in the run up to it :)

Love Actually is definitely one of my faves!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭tittle mouse

look whos talking. look whos talking too and look whos talking now!! watch them every year and always makes it feel like christmas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

Mine is probably ITS A WONDERFUL LIFE which i found an alternate ending to!!

You know how we all wondered if they ever found out what happend to the $8000??

Well in this ending,you can see :D

http://drpowerfun.webng.com/video/iawl-lostending.wmv

Anyway,

I love this movie..... I HAVE IT ON VHS IN ANALOGUE!! (And we have the original VHS tape also!) Couldnt be better for this movie!!

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

Fidler on the Roof & The WIZARD of OZ Parables of Life itself i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

I'm a sucker for the romantic Christmas movies!! :D

Christmas Cupid
    Christmas Angel
    A Christmas Proposal

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Definitely Love Actually. Not a Christmas has gone by since its release that I haven't watched it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

Anyone with kids in th house has to have a copy of the Polar Express.
    Its epic, you know Christmas is around the corner when you see the steam blasting up out of the radiator !

I have a copy of that and Its a wonderful life stored up high so they cant get their scratchy hands all over them.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Shegull

Panrich wrote: »
    I recommend 'Yes Virginia, There is a Santa Claus' for lovers of the Christmas movie genre. It was made for TV in the early 90's so may be hard to get and you never see it on nowadays.

Would love to be able to get my hands on a copy of this film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Necron

The Great Escape, not Christmasey but it still hits the spot on Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Shegull

Not exactly a christmas film but you can't beat a bit of Willy Wonker and the Chocolate Factory at christmas

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Rick Deckard

Shegull wrote: »
    Panrich wrote: »
    I recommend 'Yes Virginia, There is a Santa Claus' for lovers of the Christmas movie genre. It was made for TV in the early 90's so may be hard to get and you never see it on nowadays.

Would love to be able to get my hands on a copy of this film.
    You can get it here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory (the 1971 version with Gene Wilder).

Christmas was never Christmas until we seen the film and of course back in the day the opening credits of all the sweets being made was magical. Still love watching it as there are some great songs in it (unlike the tat that poor Johnny Depp got mixed up in).

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭yogalady

When Harry Met Sally

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

Plazaman wrote:
    Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory (the 1971 version with Gene Wilder).
    Yes the better one!!

I have this on VHS :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

True Movies 2 on Sky channel 322 are showing Christmas movies. :D Some really cheesy ones but who cares!

And Christmas 24, and 24+ are on Sky channel 327 and 328. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Sky now have a Christmas movie station for free on 327

Cherrycola wrote: »
    True Movies 2 on Sky channel 322 are showing Christmas movies. :D Some really cheesy ones but who cares!

And Christmas 24, and 24+ are on Sky channel 327 and 328. :D

:P

If anyone hasnt seen this movie yet, check it out, i think it kinda flew under the radar when it was released and its really really good. A heartwarming christmas story, and very funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

I've been watching an Xmas movie per night for the last 3 weekends. Didn't think much of Nativity, if I'm honest, and Santa Clause 3 was just terrible, but watched Christmas in Connecticut last night, and the Polar Express on Saturday, so things are looking up. At this rate, I'll peak on Christmas weekend with Scrooge and Love Actually.

PS: The other 2 movies were Cancel Christmas off of the telly (terrible, terrible, good, terrible movie) and National Lampoons Christmas Vacation 2 - did you know Chevy Chase isn't even in it?! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Scrooged and the live action Grinch movie are my staples. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

The boyfriend and I were going to watch Muppets Christmas Carol tonight but I've lost my dvd! :( So we watched Fred Claus instead... We both really enjoyed it! Not many people mention that film I think..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Fergality

The boyfriend and I were going to watch Muppets Christmas Carol tonight but I've lost my dvd! :( So we watched Fred Claus instead... We both really enjoyed it! Not many people mention that film I think..

We got that two Christmas's in a row at the cinema I work in, wasn't actually bad! Being a projectionist the first time we got it I have now watched it about ninety times :p

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

For the true spirit of Christmas,and as many have said here,It's a wonderful life.

It never ages,beautiful film.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Jack Frost is such a weird movie, but I love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,162 ✭✭✭Kiva.D

SantaSmiley.gifEveryone's been saying how much they like the move Love Actually... I finally watched it in the wee hours, this morn. Must say, it was awesome!

• Site Banned Posts: 192 ✭✭will.i.am

Whats you favorite Christmas movie?

For me it's Home Alone. I just love it after that then there's the Santa Clause films!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,259 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

A Christmas Carol

Bah! Humbug!

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

Fiddler on the Roof /Wizard of Oz

• Registered Users Posts: 45 danceash

The Santa Clause and Home Alone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭battleaxe88

Its a toss up between A muppets Christmas Carol and The Santa Clause..

The boyfriend wants to start watchin Xmas movies tonigh, Im trying to hold out til november!

Advertisement