Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can anyone answer pay question?

• 29-08-2011 11:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I've been trying to figure this out but my maths skills are non existant. I've been trying to get through to payroll this morning but to no avail. Anyway I'm back in the same school for the 2nd year on RPT. I was on 21 hours last year but due to cuts etc I'm on 14 this year.
    People have said I might not be too bad getting taxed less etc but does anyone have any idea how much I should be getting, roughly?
    This is my second year RPT, before that I was teaching maternity leave for 2 years in 2 different schools.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Whatever point you were on the scale last year, you should be one point higher this year. So have a look at the salary scale on the TUI/ASTI website and add on your allowances for PGDE and degree to that. Divide by 22 and multiply by 14 to get your gross pay for the year. Divide it by 26 if you get paid fortnightly and it will give you your pay before tax.

No one here will have a clue what you're on because they don't know where you are on the scale, don't know what allowances (honours or pass) you are entitled to and don't know what your tax situation is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Are you qualified? What degrees do you hold? At what point on the scale were you placed last year? All of these will help determine what your pay is.

The most important though is that this year, you will be on 14/22 of the full-time scale you are entitled to.

http://www.tui.ie/Salary_Scales/Default.286.html

for second-level information

http://www.into.ie/ROI/InformationforTeachers/Salaries/CommonBasicScale/

for first-level information

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Jane98

I have just been offered 7 teaching hours (plus a few extra possible resource hours) and as a very grateful NQT was too embarressed to ask about pay.

Can anyone help me figure out what my pay will be?

Could it be - 7/22 x (27814 + 1112 + 4426) = 10614 ?

where 27814 is point one on the new scale and 1112 and 4426 are the add ons for 2nd class qualifications in the PGDE and my degree respectively.

Or should I look at the casual hourly rate?:confused:

Jane98 wrote: »
    I have just been offered 7 teaching hours (plus a few extra possible resource hours) and as a very grateful NQT was too embarressed to ask about pay.

Can anyone help me figure out what my pay will be?

Could it be - 7/22 x (27814 + 1112 + 4426) = 10614 ?

where 27814 is point one on the new scale and 1112 and 4426 are the add ons for 2nd class qualifications in the PGDE and my degree respectively.

Or should I look at the casual hourly rate?:confused:

Your calculation is right if you're getting a contract which I imagine you would be at this time of the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Jane98

Thanks Rainbowtrout but to be honest I don't know if I will get a contract as the school was pretty desperate and I just happened to come along at the right time so don't know exactly. The principal has said that she will have to advertise the post formally in the coming weeks and if I apply I may or may not get the post then so do you think I will get the casual hourly amount instead bearing this in mind.:confused:

• Advertisement

Well i suppose if you're not on contract at the moment, it will probably be paid as casual hours. If you go for interview and get the contract then you will move onto the pay that you've calculated.

Advertisement