Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Madden NFL 12

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

One of the organizers have to update it so the stats feed through

It'll be done at some stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Raoul

I updated the site there now, check again. That link doesn't work btw, I dont think you can link to the league like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Welcome sports fans!

The first of the season. Hopefully with many more to come!

What they did last week

The Raven's (1-0) (Mikemac) have started there campaign off with an impressive win over the Steelers, winning 17-3. Thomas jones at running back was the reason for the victory with 100 yards rushing of 26 attempts for 2 touchdowns at an average of 3.8 yard per carry.

The Titans (1-0) (Helimachoptor) defeated the Jaguars in week one. In a tense 10-7 victory. Derek Anderson was not able to find Steve Smith on 3rd down. Brian Westbrook at Half back will need to improve on 36 yards off 15 attempts at a megre averge of 2.4 yards.

Key match ups

The Titans Wide outs Reggie Wayne and Plaxio Buress vs The Ravens backfield. The Ravens drafted big at Safety in both Eric Berry at SS and Eric Weddle at FS. So the Ravens can stop the "big plays" . What about defending the 5-15 yard conversions? Well Baltimore may not be that convincing Antonie Cason and Mike jenkins are there starting CB's. Reggie Wayne will need to be intelligently moved around the field, will the Titans stick Wayne at slot receiver for big plays ? to confuse the Ravens backfield? .

If Anderson can complete long drive's with short to medium gain's. They'll have every chance to get the W .

Looking at Tenesse's defense. There D line is excellent if they play 4-3. the Titans D-line which contains, Osi Umenyiora at defensive end and monster defensive tackles in Shaun Rodgers and Terrance Knighton. If Thomas Jones can have another big game for the Raven's against this front 7, a marker will be put down for Baltimore that they can run the ball against anyone. If they can't more pressure will be heaped upon the Ravens quarterback.

The Ravens have Donovan McNabb at QB and a less than impressive 9 completions from 21 attempts for 137 yards. Better defenses will make him pay with interceptions and not just incompletions.

Prediction

The Ravens D line will be unable to create pressure on Anderson early enough in play's to prevent the medium range passes. Sustained drives for the Titan's will allow there defense to pressure McNabb into mistakes.

Titans by 5+

Until next time sports fans !

Love the write up Dave but I have to disagree with your prediction.

Ravens went with the mantra of pay the Oline, not the RB and has assembled a juggernaut of an Oline

Star left tackle in Jake Long was my first draft pick and Sebastian Vollmer at right tackle, experienced center Matt Birk calling the blocks and two experienced guards in Richie Incognito and Kyle Kosiar, surely this is the best Oline in the league.
    You win in the trenches

Not forgetting the Terminator John Connor at fullback, going to blow up the Titans linebackers

This is a hard-hitting, smash mouth football team here as only the AFC North can produce. :cool:

Ravens advanced to and won Superbowl XXXV with a great running game and passes to Shannon Sharpe.
    To follow that tradition we have another great TE these days in Jason Witten, sure to be clutch on third down conversions.

McNabb is not the most accurate at short and medium passes, hell he's just not accurate at all. :mad:
    But he's asked to game manage, not throw bombs all over the field

Best safety tandem in the league with Berry and Weddle, the cornerbacks are blazing fast and Mario Williams will be sackorama

Bring it on helimacopter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

You may have the 2nd best Safety backfield behind mine. Which contains Troy Polamalu and Oshiomogho Atogwe :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

The smack talk has started I see... Well I'll let my key guys do the talking!! I'm away for the weekend (if the game week is advanced) will be at home Monday but then away for work til Friday. So mikemac I'll let you pick the day when the titans will clip the ravens wings!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Cowgirls and Jets hoping to play their game on Saturday.

Agree with Mike a good O line is vital in the game this year.

I'm good Monday evening, looking forward to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Raiders 17-22 Broncos.

A very fun game. I thought I would struggle on D as I didnt draft well back there, and on the first drive I gave up a field goal after making a stop on 3rd down at the 3rd attempt. My first play of the season was an 80 yard sprint by my main man Maurice Jones-Drew for the score. But the lead didnt last, I gave up a huge play from a screen pass to Lashawn McCoy, must have been 75+ yards. I lost the game because I couldnt contain McCoy, he got 140+ yards off 25 touches, although I was happy with my red zone D, his kicker had the score ticking over, 5 FG's in total. My passing game never really got going, and I had to count on MJD again for my 2nd TD. The defining moment of the game came just inside the 2min warning. With the score at 17-19 I was moving the chains in the air, when I stupidly ran the same play twice, a simple screen pass to MJD was too much for Matt Schaub as he threw it a good 5 yards wide and directly into the grateful arms of his CB. Game was over then.

Still had fun, looking to bounce back next time! Cheers HeartOfTheCity, and good luck on the season. I might be willing to trade Ryan Fitzpatrick if you can offer me something on D.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭HeartOfTheCity

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Raiders 17-22 Broncos.

A very fun game. I thought I would struggle on D as I didnt draft well back there, and on the first drive I gave up a field goal after making a stop on 3rd down at the 3rd attempt. My first play of the season was an 80 yard sprint by my main man Maurice Jones-Drew for the score. But the lead didnt last, I gave up a huge play from a screen pass to Lashawn McCoy, must have been 75+ yards. I lost the game because I couldnt contain McCoy, he got 140+ yards off 25 touches, although I was happy with my red zone D, his kicker had the score ticking over, 5 FG's in total. My passing game never really got going, and I had to count on MJD again for my 2nd TD. The defining moment of the game came just inside the 2min warning. With the score at 17-19 I was moving the chains in the air, when I stupidly ran the same play twice, a simple screen pass to MJD was too much for Matt Schaub as he threw it a good 5 yards wide and directly into the grateful arms of his CB. Game was over then.

Still had fun, looking to bounce back next time! Cheers HeartOfTheCity, and good luck on the season. I might be willing to trade Ryan Fitzpatrick if you can offer me something on D.

Cheers mate, likewise, your offense is pretty scary. Top quality game all in all, Mikey even clarified the rules of the league with me before kickoff. Kicker earnt his pay today. MJD was KILLING me repeatedly and Schaub was beating the blitz repeatedly. Tough offense to stop. Game could've been anyone's until the late INT.

Alex Smith did alright in the end. Pass rush needs an upgrade however.

WHAT is the story with the stats?! My RE throwing two passes? No sir, that would've been my backup QB. Reception by my MLB? What?!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Does anyone else get really bad lag when playing online?

sometimes it is just ridiculous how bad it is.

Other games seem fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

looking for ken byashi? please reply to your pm

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Shane.C

I would be willing to offload Gabbart QB if someones willing to make a good offer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

empacher wrote: »
    looking for ken byashi? please reply to your pm

for the new lads: if any of you are having difficulty reaching your opponent in a gameweek make sure you post it here so the commissioner can see you're making an effort and kick the other guy if he doesn't respond in a timely manner.

• Advertisement

pm'd the rams ken byushi on xbox live, left a message here for hiim. no reply

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Are we nearly ready to move on the gameweek?

Its not until tomorrow morning or late tonight. I still haven't played my game and if I can't then I will leave the franchise and let stevo play. Are there other human games which haven't been played

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Raoul wrote: »
    Its not until tomorrow morning or late tonight. I still haven't played my game and if I can't then I will leave the franchise and let stevo play. Are there other human games which haven't been played

Eagles @ Rams is only other human game left.

For anyone who's looking for a gamertag or human/CPU info, the schedule on League Manager site has the gamertag (or CPU) beside each team.

Roll on Week 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

One other. Rams coach needs to reply to play tonight or boot him to allow the other player to play :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

I'm playing Bayushi Ken this week. I won't be able to play till friday/saturday. In college and still have no internet.

I'll pm him now.

I thought there was a limit on how long people have to play their games.

This game week would have started last Monday so I think people need to get to their games either today or tomorrow or people will start to lose interest.

For a human game the Ravens play Titans tonight if the gameweek is advanced

If not the plan is the weekend

Hopefully we can advance tonight

The game week is being advanced tonight or tomorrow morning (depending on when I get a chance). There is one week to play the game and thats it. :confused: Don't know why people thought there was extra. We did the draft on Monday night and the game week started then so it will end tonight too.

The game week is being advanced tonight or tomorrow morning (depending on when I get a chance). There is one week to play the game and thats it. :confused: Don't know why people thought there was extra. We did the draft on Monday night and the game week started then so it will end tonight too.

You'll have to remove the Rams owner to allow the Eagles to play tonight Raoul.

Hi guys ken contacted me about playing tonight. Now of all days xbox live aint working for me, internet is fine hence me writing the post. But cant connect to live, testing connection show the xbox can connect to the internet, them bam i get the same suggestion to restart by router which ive done repeatedly, being trawling through xbox support site and no fix. So im going to have to forfeit this to ken. (rams)

I don't think you give a forfeit

The game is simulated so the computer will decide who wins

Hi guys ken contacted me about playing tonight. Now of all days xbox live aint working for me, internet is fine hence me writing the post. But cant connect to live, testing connection show the xbox can connect to the internet, them bam i get the same suggestion to restart by router which ive done repeatedly, being trawling through xbox support site and no fix. So im going to have to forfeit this to ken. (rams)

xbox live is down but in a case like this where your opponent only responds to you on the last day of the gameweek it wouldn't be fair to expect you to forfeit in the event you couldn't play. Simulating the game would probably be fairer.

McG wrote: »

xbox live is down but in a case like this where your opponent only responds to you on the last day of the gameweek it wouldn't be fair to expect you to forfeit in the event you couldn't play. Simulating the game would probably be fairer.
    Well to be fair, you made a bigger effort to organize the game. So as today is the last day and its the first time he contacted you, then the fairest thing to do would be to allow you to play it when it suits you or to Sim

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Well to be fair, you made a bigger effort to organize the game. So as today is the last day and its the first time he contacted you, then the fairest thing to do would be to allow you to play it when it suits you or to Sim

Hey Raoul, when does that mean week 2 will start?
    Had organised week 2 game to be played tonight, and would think few others are trying to do the same.
    Cheers

Guys, i'd like to ask your opinion on something.

Last night I played as the Titans, i received a punt... i fumbled on my 30, the Bills picked the ball up and ran for 15 yards, i tackled they fumbled.. i picked the ball up and got to their 10 where when no one was near me I fell over - injured and fumbled the Bills then did a safety... within a few seconds my xbox crashed :D but I got it started back up.

Firstly is that play even possible as in would it generate a score?
    and secondly i presume the logic of what happened was too much for my xbox to take and it basically crapped itself to stop it from exploding!

Gameweek has been advanced

is there a way to practice with our online franchise teams? I thought I saw somewhere that we could in Madden 12 but can't figure out how to do it.

P.S Can someone send me the community details? I haven't been able to join it.

Guys, i'd like to ask your opinion on something.

Last night I played as the Titans, i received a punt... i fumbled on my 30, the Bills picked the ball up and ran for 15 yards, i tackled they fumbled.. i picked the ball up and got to their 10 where when no one was near me I fell over - injured and fumbled the Bills then did a safety... within a few seconds my xbox crashed :D but I got it started back up.

Firstly is that play even possible as in would it generate a score?
    and secondly i presume the logic of what happened was too much for my xbox to take and it basically crapped itself to stop it from exploding!

Not sure what you mean, the ball ended up in their end zone and you forced a safety?

I think once you touch the basll and then fumble it then becomes a live ball and is the same as any other play where a fumble occurs.

I assume it should be 2 points to you in that case.

adrian522 wrote: »
    Not sure what you mean, the ball ended up in their end zone and you forced a safety?

I think once you touch the basll and then fumble it then becomes a live ball and is the same as any other play where a fumble occurs.

I assume it should be 2 points to you in that case.

yes basically their guy picked it up, my guy got up and tackled him in the end zone, the commentary said i got a safety but then the xbox crashed.

So where did the bills player pick he ball up? In the field of play or in the end zone?

Yeah, I'd say the xbox got overloaded with all the possession changes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭davetherave

Had to pick this up this morning as EA decided to shutdown the madden 10 servers a few days ago :( :mad:

Just wondering even though the franchise league has started, can people still join taking the place of a cpu team? :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

Is anyone a member of online ps3 franchises?
    Im on an american one but bit awkward with the time difference.

• Advertisement

adrian522 wrote: »
    So where did the bills player pick he ball up? In the field of play or in the end zone?

Yeah, I'd say the xbox got overloaded with all the possession changes.

On the bills 10 yard line or so, but he ran into the end zone and i tackled him there, then it gave the safety

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Suh leading the league with 6 Sacks awww yeaahh !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

On the bills 10 yard line or so, but he ran into the end zone and i tackled him there, then it gave the safety

From what you say thats a safety.
    But if u fumbled the ball into the endzone then I think it cant be a safety something to do with a game years ago Raiders fumbled the ball on purpose and got a TD. Could be wrong though but from what you say thats clearly a safety.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Had to pick this up this morning as EA decided to shutdown the madden 10 servers a few days ago :( :mad:

Just wondering even though the franchise league has started, can people still join taking the place of a cpu team? :o

Absolutely !

Send a pm to Raoul, he is the Commissioner. He will advise you of the teams available / passwords etc ( trying to spread human players evenly throughout the divisions ).

Berty44 wrote: »
    Absolutely !

Send a pm to Raoul, he is the Commissioner. He will advise you of the teams available / passwords etc ( trying to spread human players evenly throughout the divisions ).

join the myleaguemanager.net site so you can get a look at the team rosters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Eagles (Rizzo) when you about to play this week? I'm free this evening, tommorow evening and Friday night.

• Advertisement

49ers to play the cowboys...

ElboW316, when are you free to play?

I can do Tuesdy or Wednesday evening if either suits you. ~Not around Thursday, should be ok for the weeend if necessary.

I can play if we start before 6:45 tonight, or after 10pm, free tomorrow except between 18:00 and 20:30, and working friday from 7pm onwards

Myself and BastardPrince are down to play Wednesday at 7pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

I can play if we start before 6:45 tonight, or after 10pm, free tomorrow except between 18:00 and 20:30, and working friday from 7pm onwards

Guessing you're the Eagles empacher? I'm on now if you're good to go?

yup lets go

• Advertisement
Advertisement