Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Madden NFL 12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

empacher wrote: »
    yup lets go

Connection lost with Eagles 7-0 up in third quarter. Connection had been terrible all the way through and lagging whether it's the server or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭linebacker52

Bears 10 saints 9

A disappointing preformance from the bears with foster going over for the game winning td with two seconds to spare.

Not a good day for drew brees on his return to the super dome two ints and no touchdowns also sacked in the end zone for a safety. The only highlight for the bears was the performance of wide outs Bowe and tight end zach miller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Bengals 28-31 Broncos

Mistake filled game on both sides, Bengals blowing a 21-0 lead with some strange play calling and a fumble on catching a punt (mistakenly still controlling rusher and no fair catch). Broncos closed out second half well with relentless passing over the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭HeartOfTheCity

Bengals 28-31 Broncos

Mistake filled game on both sides, Bengals blowing a 21-0 lead with some strange play calling and a fumble on catching a punt (mistakenly still controlling rusher and no fair catch). Broncos closed out second half well with relentless passing over the middle.

I had absolutely no right winning that game. Bengals shut down the running game that Broncos relied on in week one, leading to Alex Smith's first three passes being picked and the Bengals ran into a deserved 21-0 lead.

Second half, Broncos managed to keep the Bengals in check for the most part and eliminated majority of errors with backup QB Kaepernick connecting well with Manningham and Banks alternating in the slot. Denver sneaked a 31-28 win with a 31 yard FG as time expired.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Shane.C

Cardinals 17 Redskins 14

Cardinals passing game was not in action as i basically ran the ball throughout with williams, for a total of 143 yards and 1 TD. Played out the final 3 or 4 minutes by running the clock down and taking the field goal. Attempted and succeeded with 2 4th down conversions. one due to 4th and inches and one due due to the fact i needed to get to field goal range for the final 3 points.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Shane.C wrote: »
    Cardinals 17 Redskins 14

Cardinals passing game was not in action as i basically ran the ball throughout with williams, for a total of 143 yards and 1 TD. Played out the final 3 or 4 minutes by running the clock down and taking the field goal. Attempted and succeeded with 2 4th down conversions. one due to 4th and inches and one due due to the fact i needed to get to field goal range for the final 3 points.

Hi,

I sent you a trade offer for Chris Kuper. Can you let me know if you are interested in trading him at all, (I'm assuming he is your back up)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Packers 38-7 Carolina.

Good game BastardPrince. The total yards was close but my starting field position is what really won this game for me. Best of luck for the season and bring on the Bears next week ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

This was a more comfortable win for the Colts than the scoreline suggests. The Colts were able to run the ball whenever they wanted ending up with 138 on the ground while limiting the Browns to 15. Through the ground dominance they were able to control the game ending up with 20 first downs compared to the Browns 4.
    Rivers was 18/24 for 169yards and 1 TD. The only real negative was an INT thrown in the endzone.

the Colts go to 2-0 and the season gameplan to become a more balanced team rather than relying so heavily on the pass is coming along nicely.

Looking ahead to next week against the Steelers, the Colts may need to pass a little more as the Steelers have some impressive DTs and LBs.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Mikemac, should be around Friday evening for the game but not 100% confirmed as yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I'm good any evening, whatever suits yourself

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Mcg, what was the score?

Cheers mike, will post back Friday with a plan, would also like to mike up (excuse the pun) if youre game

I thought we weren't going to allow trades with CPU teams. Has that changed?

Ok, I'll have my mic

I'll be concentrating, here is my serious game face :mad:

Mcg, what was the score?

14-17

Connection lost again in Eagles vs. Falcons game at 7-0 in 2nd Quarter, guessing it's an EA server issue?

I may be moving soon so if I do it'll be new BB for me, chaps trying to get my RL madden buddy into this ( and persuade him to buy a xbox) would someone mind posting what teams are left ( on mobile and about to take off) would appreciate it

According to the list; Browns, Jags, Patriots, Chiefs, Vikings, Saints, Redskins, Rams

Cardinals are down as free also but I think one of the new guys has them
    I think the Rams are gone too

But the first six are definitely free

I may be moving soon so if I do it'll be new BB for me, chaps trying to get my RL madden buddy into this ( and persuade him to buy a xbox) would someone mind posting what teams are left ( on mobile and about to take off) would appreciate it

at this stage he'd be better off looking at the rosters and his potential divisional rivals rather than just picking the franchise he likes best.

• Advertisement

McG wrote: »
    I thought we weren't going to allow trades with CPU teams. Has that changed?

Who has traded with a CPU team?

SantryRed wrote: »
    Who has traded with a CPU team?

Eagles and Dolphins according to EA site. Dolphins got a kicker they didn't need in return for their #1 QB.

Eagles and Dolphins according to EA site. Dolphins got a kicker they didn't need in return for their #1 QB.

Will be dealt with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

That was my fault, i put the trade up by mistake without checking if the team was a cpu. I tried to cancel the trade but you cant cancel once its being made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Raoul

That was my fault, i put the trade up by mistake without checking if the team was a cpu. I tried to cancel the trade but you cant cancel once its being made.
    Ok well I hope that you didn't play with the Qb. You didn't right? I actually just forgot to turn off cpu trades.

Another note: RESTARTS!!! Read the rules guys, 4 restarts is way too much, and you are meant to post here every time you have a restart. Consider this a warning to everyone. If this happens again there will be a one week banning!!! :mad:

EDIT - I tried to edit the rosters and I got Freeman back to the dolphins but for some reason I couldn't drop Bryant back to the free agency and give him back to you.

Raoul wrote: »
    Ok well I hope that you didn't play with the Qb. You didn't right? I actually just forgot to turn off cpu trades.

Another note: RESTARTS!!! Read the rules guys, 4 restarts is way too much, and you are meant to post here every time you have a restart. Consider this a warning to everyone. If this happens again there will be a one week banning!!! :mad:

EDIT - I tried to edit the rosters and I got Freeman back to the dolphins but for some reason I couldn't drop Bryant back to the free agency and give him back to you.

Campbell, not Freeman.

• Advertisement

Campbell, not Freeman.

Thats what I meant :pac:.

Empacher if you want, make a trade for your kicker back but only give them one of your worst players. Then hopefully I will be able to drop him from their roster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭davetherave

I can't seem join the community :o
    From the main menu in madden, I'm going into xbox live, then communities.
    Search for a community.
    Searching for "Boards" in community name. This only brings up one result "Boards ie" with 14 members.
    Do you want to join this community? Yes.
    Entering in the password that raoul sent me, and it tells me that I have enter the wrong password :(

Help?? :p

The same password is working on the league manager site though, I picked the browns because MikeMac had them listed as free.

I can't seem join the community :o
    From the main menu in madden, I'm going into xbox live, then communities.
    Search for a community.
    Searching for "Boards" in community name. This only brings up one result "Boards ie" with 14 members.
    Do you want to join this community? Yes.
    Entering in the password that raoul sent me, and it tells me that I have enter the wrong password :(

Help?? :p

The same password is working on the league manager site though, I picked the browns because MikeMac had them listed as free.
    The password I sent you was for the franchise not the community, I can't actually remember the password for the community. I think if you leave it blank you can just join.

:o I'm an idiot....

Was trying to join an online community instead of an online franchise.

Alright, lets get these 0-2 Cleveland Browns back on track :D

*Cue an 0-16 performance*

Whats your gamertag

• Advertisement

:o I'm an idiot....

Was trying to join an online community instead of an online franchise.

*Cue an 0-16 performance*

I played them last night, you might have a bit of work to do. They didn't give me much of a look downfield though, had to rely on short passes and running; maybe you can concentrate on run D.

Whats your gamertag

daftdave41

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Had great fun playing this last night.

0-0 1 minute to go. (irritating game).

Time out forcing them to Punt - Ran in the return.
    Fumble recovery ran in for TD on the restart.
    Pass interception ran in on first down of the restart.

21-0 win.

Had great fun playing this last night.

0-0 1 minute to go. (irritating game).

Time out forcing them to Punt - Ran in the return.
    Fumble recovery ran in for TD on the restart.
    Pass interception ran in on first down of the restart.

21-0 win.

that's one hell of a final minute. well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Its ok I have a a great kicker longwell, for some reason the cpu drafted a second decent one. Someone else can pick him up. Haven't played with him yet. got him in week 2. Playing United Irishmen at the weekend.

On an other note has anyone had problems with the EA servers crashing. Happened twice to us so far. In two tight games, with both of us either 0 -7 or 7 - 0?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

There should be literally no restarts. I play in another franchise and the serveres have proved to be very very stable so far this season for franchise games with very very few games being dropped.

On an other note has anyone had problems with the EA servers crashing. Happened twice to us so far. In two tight games, with both of us either 0 -7 or 7 - 0?

In 5 weeks of another franchise there have only been a couple of incidents of games dropping. It does happen from time to time but its often an indication of a problem with one players internet connection ( something which I would not have said in previous seasons )

Berty44 wrote: »
    There should be literally no restarts. I play in another franchise and the serveres have proved to be very very stable so far this season for franchise games with very very few games being dropped.

Not sure about "literally no restarts" but they should be rare (especially when playing the CPU).

I've had to restart a few times over the last 2 seasons due to xbox freezes (only Madden does this on my xbox), dropped connections (never against CPU though) and once because my wife arrived home with visitors and I wasn't allowed to finish the game (apparently "only 30mins more" is too long).

In 5 weeks of another franchise there have only been a couple of incidents of games dropping. It does happen from time to time but its often an indication of a problem with one players internet connection ( something which I would not have said in previous seasons )

this year EA seem to be in a much better place from release regarding their servers than previous years.
    last year we could hardly get any all human encounters played until they released the patch.

Not sure about "literally no restarts" but they should be rare (especially when playing the CPU).

I've had to restart a few times over the last 2 seasons due to xbox freezes (only Madden does this on my xbox), dropped connections (never against CPU though) and once because my wife arrived home with visitors and I wasn't allowed to finish the game (apparently "only 30mins more" is too long).

That made me :pac: cos its so true and I have been that man !

Never had the XBox freezing on Madden but I have had quite a few dropped connections in previous seasons but only 1 this season. In the other franchise I am in for the last two weeks there was only one restart which makes me think they have pretty much solved the server issue.

Restarting agains the CPU always looks really really suspicious ( although I definitely know of one of the lads who has severe intenet issues which means he gets kicked a lot from games ).

Dunno if there is a specific rule in the Boards league on restsrating CPU games?? A common one is that you are only allowed to retstart a game once ( so if you kicked in game one you can restart but only one time ). After that the game must be simmed.

• Advertisement

It seems to be the same people with the restart issue

Is it that there broadband connection is inadequate?

I think the UPC service I have is twenty five MB

I don't know what Eircom provide these days but if it's one MB or three MB, something small could this be the reason?

UPC are great but I used to have Magnet broadband a few years ago and it was always dropping on me, Magnet were rightly dodgy and I think I would have lots of dropped connections if I still used it

Welcome to the AFC North :)
    There is me with the Ravens and BigBadRob with the Bengals

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

My main issue is with lag rather than games dropping and I assume thats all down to the EA servers.

I have had the game completely freeze up on me at least 3 times so that would also cause problems to be honest if it happened during a franchise game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

have experience maybe 2/3 significant lags in the last 3 weeks playing Madden - nothing that would stop a game.

I reckon its a combination of poor connection quality accentuated by EA servers not handling the load well...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Ill hopefully get to play my game on friday when stupid UPC come out and fix my internet. A full week with no Xbox live !

Just float something out to the league as well. We failed last season to get a get together going. However with the real nfl alive and kicking. Why not organise a Sunday at 6pm in a pub for a Madden 12 meet up ?

Why not organise a Sunday at 6pm in a pub for a Madden 12 meet up ?

Sounds like a plan !!

The woolshed seem to be the place for NFL games.

There's also Thanksgiving in November if Thursday suited people better than Sunday.

That made me :pac: cos its so true and I have been that man !

Never had the XBox freezing on Madden but I have had quite a few dropped connections in previous seasons but only 1 this season. In the other franchise I am in for the last two weeks there was only one restart which makes me think they have pretty much solved the server issue.

Restarting agains the CPU always looks really really suspicious ( although I definitely know of one of the lads who has severe intenet issues which means he gets kicked a lot from games ).

Dunno if there is a specific rule in the Boards league on restsrating CPU games?? A common one is that you are only allowed to retstart a game once ( so if you kicked in game one you can restart but only one time ). After that the game must be simmed.

"Connection problems and Restarts: sometimes there are problems with two people connecting. The first thing to check is that both of your NATs are open (in the Xbox connection settings, if you are not sure what this is then ask). Assuming they are open and you still have problems, then please post on Boards for some help

If you have to restart a game you must post in this thread the reason for your restart. Games must be restarted no more than three times after this number of restarts, the game will be simmed when the week is advanced.

If a person is persistently restarting games, this will be dealt with seriously and banning from the league is possible."

Just so that everyone knows here is the exert from the rule book. So next time a game is restarted more than 3 times you will be banned for a week.

It was only 3 times last year because there was such server issues. But I am willing to give people the benefit of the doubt this year, plus there is a lot less cpu games, so it will matter even less.

"Connection problems and Restarts: sometimes there are problems with two people connecting. The first thing to check is that both of your NATs are open (in the Xbox connection settings, if you are not sure what this is then ask). Assuming they are open and you still have problems, then please post on Boards for some help

If you have to restart a game you must post in this thread the reason for your restart. Games must be restarted no more than three times after this number of restarts, the game will be simmed when the week is advanced.

If a person is persistently restarting games, this will be dealt with seriously and banning from the league is possible."

Just so that everyone knows here is the exert from the rule book. So next time a game is restarted more than 3 times you will be banned for a week.

It was only 3 times last year because there was such server issues. But I am willing to give people the benefit of the doubt this year, plus there is a lot less cpu games, so it will matter even less.

I'm happy enough with this for human v human games but for CPU games only 1 restart should be allowed (if even that)

Well to be honest, I was tempted to change it but everyone signed up to the rules at the start of the season and I asked did anyone want to change anything. So not fair to change it without everyones consent.

I think 2 max starts for a cpu game.

Human games, I think it is up to the two guys to sort it out among themselves. Restart as many times as you like really

adrian522 wrote: »
    I'm happy enough with this for human v human games but for CPU games only 1 restart should be allowed (if even that)

I'm happy to go with this to be honest, I've no real interest in sitting down and basically playing the lotto on whether i'll be kicked out or not and would be happy just to sim games if im getting disconnects all the time.

• Advertisement

It did seem to be a server problem in fairness, the first game had a load of lag and the second didn't have much really and they both just crashed offering the chance to 'count' or 'not count'.

Advertisement