Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Madden NFL 12

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Shane.C

Dropping games for me was an actual pain in the a's's for me vs. the redskins, i live in eyre square, the internet i had just went for my first game, afterwards my xbox (well my mates who i use to play in the franchise) got RRD, so thats my 2nd time while playing, happened again on my third attempt, we used the reheating method to fix and hey presto!, its worked fine since if it happens again ill make sure to record it on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Joyce88

Texans @ Dolphins (CPU)

Oh how I hate playing in the rain. 13-9 down with under 2 minutes to go.

However a fine TD catch from Steve Smith and a pick 6 from Culliver game me the 23-13 win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Raoul wrote: »
    I think 2 max starts for a cpu game.

Human games, I think it is up to the two guys to sort it out among themselves. Restart as many times as you like really

@ Raoul Agree with this, very fair.

@ Dave, hope you get sorted out with UPC ! Great internet but when something goes wrong very difficult to get it sorted out.

@ Dave/ Adrian Would try and make the Thanksgiving Thursday ( Sundays would not suit me )

As to internet. In simple terms if your internet comes through your phone line you are constrained by the quality of the copper ( and then by the best of the worst part coming in to your house ). I was with BT but had to leave them in the end as games were constantly disconnecting. Went through 6 months of frustrating difficulties before changing to UPC.

My BT internet came though the phone line. Put simply the copper wires outside my house were so old the MAXIMUM they could carry was 1.3MG ( this was per a test carried out by an Eircom engineer in the middle of my problems ). So it did not matter if I had a 4MG or even 8MG package as the maximum I could get was 1.3MG. Ironically the "better" the package I was on the more likely it was I was going to get disconnected. BT were a good company to deal with and did everything they could to help me out but they admitted tehre was nothing they could do and the copper wiring was the problem.

Its very unlikely that Eircom are going to pump the money necessary to upgrade the copper wiring any time soon so alternative methods of internet are going to prosper. At this point in thime there is no question but that cable internet is the best and most stable ( as long as you are not at the end of street with loads of people dowloading movies ! )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Raoul

Berty44 wrote: »
    @ Raoul Agree with this, very fair.

@ Dave, hope you get sorted out with UPC ! Great internet but when something goes wrong very difficult to get it sorted out.

@ Dave/ Adrian Would try and make the Thanksgiving Thursday ( Sundays would not suit me )

As to internet. In simple terms if your internet comes through your phone line you are constrained by the quality of the copper ( and then by the best of the worst part coming in to your house ). I was with BT but had to leave them in the end as games were constantly disconnecting. Went through 6 months of frustrating difficulties before changing to UPC.

My BT internet came though the phone line. Put simply the copper wires outside my house were so old the MAXIMUM they could carry was 1.3MG ( this was per a test carried out by an Eircom engineer in the middle of my problems ). So it did not matter if I had a 4MG or even 8MG package as the maximum I could get was 1.3MG. Ironically the "better" the package I was on the more likely it was I was going to get disconnected. BT were a good company to deal with and did everything they could to help me out but they admitted tehre was nothing they could do and the copper wiring was the problem.

Its very unlikely that Eircom are going to pump the money necessary to upgrade the copper wiring any time soon so alternative methods of internet are going to prosper. At this point in thime there is no question but that cable internet is the best and most stable ( as long as you are not at the end of street with loads of people dowloading movies ! )

After all the talk of restarts, my game yesterday I pressed start game and it just didn't start, don't know if that counted as a restart. Then I was in the last minute. 1 point up and had the ball within field goal range and they had all there timeouts used and my xbox just fecks up.

Santry just to be safe, I will make you commish again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

There's no better feeling when playing online than reading a blitz, changing your play to ''deep pass'' and making the throw knowing that your going to run unopposed all the way to the TD zone :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Mike, I'm around for the next 10 mins to start the game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Mikeyt086 check your Pm's

@ Berty : Thanksgiving it is ! Thursday the 24th of November it is ! So from 6pm onwards for pints and NFL in the wool n shed on parnell street.

@ mikemac/helimachoptor good luck in your game, will my prediction come true ? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

logged on, ready to go

Are you not around? Maybe I replied back too late

Ok, around any evening this weekend, whatever suits yourself :)

We have until Monday evening I think

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I'm around all day tomorrow mike, what time suits?

• Advertisement

Midday?

Are you free now?

Never mind.. I cant connect to xbox live for some reason

Mikeyt086 check your Pm's

@ Berty : Thanksgiving it is ! Thursday the 24th of November it is ! So from 6pm onwards for pints and NFL in the wool n shed on parnell street.

@ mikemac/helimachoptor good luck in your game, will my prediction come true ? :)

Don't know if I will make the drinks. Will be just back from my trip to the states to watch the Jets v Pats. Money might be tight.

I got my first win of the season against the Chiefs. I gave myself a tough time, threw two ints :(. Desean Jackson also fumbled. The game finished 25-14 in the end. It was never really close but still I should have really hammered them. Couldn't get my running game going at all.

Could people please have a look at my trade block and see if there is anything of interest.

Also, I don't think everyone that said they would join has actually joined the franchise so I will do a new members list tomorrow to double check.

Let me know when youre ready mike, i should be around for most of the day

Ive sent mikeyt086 a mail and posted on the thread. No sign, i added him on xbox live. No joy. I wont be on tonight.I can play Monday night at a push. Ill send him another pm, but if he doesn't reply by Monday at 6pm, is it alright if i the Raoul boots him so i get to the play the game on Monday ?

Need every win i can get before i hit Berty's Jets !

Right, I'm around now, Ravens are ready to go

Cool, im online now so invite me once you are set up

Ive sent mikeyt086 a mail and posted on the thread. No sign, i added him on xbox live. No joy. I wont be on tonight.I can play Monday night at a push. Ill send him another pm, but if he doesn't reply by Monday at 6pm, is it alright if i the Raoul boots him so i get to the play the game on Monday ?

Need every win i can get before i hit Berty's Jets !
    Give him until tomorrow night. Its not fair to put you under pressure to suit him when you were making the effort to play.

SantryRed is the new commish btw.

The Wind Bowl as an 18 mph crosswind played havoc with the passing

First quarter started as the competition of the punters as neither offense could gain an advantage, excellent defense from both sides

McNabb threw a slant pass picked off by the Titans excellent Tambi Hali. Hali showing why he was a basketball star in high school with a leaping one handed pick. Titans failed to press for a score but McNabb was not finished yet

With the end of the first quarter approaching McNabb threw a pick to Titans linebacker Danny Clark who ran it back for almost forty yards. Vinateri made no mistake and it's an early 7 point lead for the Titans

Back to the run game so. Ravens neglected many areas in the recent draft but the Oline was no one of them and with the likes of Jake Long, Matt Birk and Sebastian Vollmar and the Terminator John Connor, it was AFC North football.
    Drove up the field and RB Thomas Jones picked up a block from the guard in the second level for a 38 yd TD. Level score

Titans carved up the Ravens but a pick by safety Eric Weddle meant a change of possesion. Ravens drove up the field near the end of the first half, looking to tack on a FG or better still a TD. Lots of passes to my TE Jason Witten and slants out wide to the running backs and it was looking good.
    All for nothing as RB Thomas Jones fumbled on the two yard line :mad:

No scoring at all in the third quarter as excellent defense from both sides kept performing and some some superb punting from the Titans had me backed up and fearing giving up a safety for much of it.

Ravens persisted with the run game and Thomas Jones did the business again with a 32 yd TD. AFC player of the week surely? :)

Pressure on for the Titans and cool as can be they marched up the field, taking it steady, calm and clinical :cool:

Kyle Orton for the Titans on the 11 yd line and the one sack in the entire game came at best possible time for the Ravens, Pat Williams sacking Orton for a seven yd loss.

This is the game, fourth and 18, Titans going for it and Ravens went to Cover four and pushed all the defensive backs further back.
    Mike Leach the Titans TE wide open and it was as easy as the Bills managed in the NFL recently. Wide open in the endzone for a game-tying TD. What were the Ravens doing? :confused:

Less then a minute to go and Ravens go for the win. McNabb to Witten doing the business and marching up the field. As that started to fail the Ravens mixed in a few draw plays.

With the heavy wind Ravens planned to run and run inside the thirty yd line to gain some extra yards.
    Until Marion Barber decided to fumble with under twenty seconds left in the game :eek::eek::eek:
    Ravens recovered and that was the game
    Nick Folk kicked the winning FG as time expired 17-14

I am woeful at passing, anyone fancy taking McNabb off my hands? :D
    The best safety tandem in the league of Eric Weddle and Eric Berry combining for some brutal hits and forcing incompletions

Great game helimacopter, you had me beat and wide open recievers most of the game but I think the wind did you no favours. Would have beat me most any other day

• Advertisement

Excellent write up mike.

It was a cagey start, I expected you to run it a lot more and getting the pick 6 was a great end to the first quarter for the Titans

You had a strong running game and when the passing didnt work you reverted back to the run and a lot of the time it got the chains moving to give you another set of downs.

At 14-7 I had two 3 and outs I think where either my receivers were wide open and they drop the ball or they catch and drop, very very infuriating.

I was quite impressed with my punting too :D, I think both went out on the 3 yard line so the chance of getting a safety was pretty high i thought but you ran it and made the yards to get yourself out of trouble.

I was trying to run down the clock as much as possible coming up to me making it even at 14-14 as I knew you could get within FG range and obviously with the wind the further back I kept you the the lesser chance of you scoring.

And then the fumble/fumble recovery i wasnt sure what happened but once I realised you recovered you were close enough to score.

Very good and enjoyable game, defintely one for the D-Fence!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Reminder that this will be advanced Monday night ;) Dave your point has been noted.

Mikeyt086 has mailed me back, so ill be playing him at 1030/1045 on monday night. Lets go Bills !

Ok so some proper commish notes here:

I am looking for the following players:
    niallsparky
    Shiroki
    JohnnyRyan99
    kilns

Anybody know why these haven't joined the franchise?

And btw Helimachopter? 7 restarts in week 1??? :eek: I am sorry but this is your last warning, if you have more than three again you will be banned for a week. Same goes for Shane C. 3 restarts MAX!!! I am even more skeptical when you guys have won by just one score.

hmm what else....if you restart a game, you MUST post your reasons in the new thread on league manager if you don't it will result in a warning and if it happens again subsequent bannings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Gonna have to sim the Eagles vs. Falcons game. Tried 4-5 times now to get it played and each time the connection has been lost. Each time either myself or Rizzo were 7 points up. Unlike the first few times there was no lag as such tonight bar a couple of stoppages and it still went.

Seriously annoying.

And btw Helimachopter? 7 restarts in week 1??? :eek: I am sorry but this is your last warning, if you have more than three again you will be banned for a week. Same goes for Shane C. 3 restarts MAX!!! I am even more skeptical when you guys have won by just one score.

hmm what else....if you restart a game, you MUST post your reasons in the new thread on league manager if you don't it will result in a warning and if it happens again subsequent bannings.
    I may be moving soon so if I do it'll be new BB for me
    I'm happy to go with this to be honest, I've no real interest in sitting down and basically playing the lotto on whether i'll be kicked out or not and would be happy just to sim games if im getting disconnects all the time.
    Titans @ jags finally a completes a 10-7 win for the jags. Frankly my disconnects are killing my love for the game.
    Cant connect at all to EA servers, anyone having the same problem?
    I'm not sure, it's been poor since about halfway through the last league, but now it's everytime i play online with any game i have the same problem.

I'll try again later on and post up
    Fcuking helllllllllllllllllllllllll
    disconnect again.
    Ill try one more time tonight then can it be simmed.

Raoul, I've no interest in restarting a game until i win, frankly I dont have the time and tbh I'd rather concentrate on my offline franchise.
    My game against the Ravens was probably my only game in 4 months that I havent got disconnected on.
    In all honestly I think the Jags we're winning in 2 of the games, me in probably 3 and the rest were probably 0-0.

After 1 disconnect I wont be playing again - unless it's a human player and we both have time. CPU games can be simmed

Edit: I've only 3 more CPU games, so tbh happy to sim the 3 of them if by the i get to them i'm still having issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Our game finished Raiders 28-31 Bills.

Another close loss, after a great comeback, but the better player won. I took the lead with a nice drive finishing in a TD for Welker, but then I capitulated. Another 80 yard TD on the 1st play after a score, then 2 INT's in a row, one for a pick 6, the other a scoring drive. 7-28 down at HT. I played smarter in the 2nd half and ended up bringing it back to 28-28 after some long but fruitful drives. Then gave up a few big plays, Dave managed the time well and kicked the winning FG as time ran out.

Great game, really good fun. Unfortunately im staring down the barrel of an 0-3 start!

Are good to advance so? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Joyce88

Sure hope so. Would like to play my game before watch MNF.

• Advertisement

First Id like to thank Mikeyt for a very enjoyable game and chat . Always so much better when your miked up .

Now to the game at Ralph William stadium !

This early Sunday game saw the 1-0 Bills playing against the 0-1 Raiders. The game started with the Bills going 3 and out. Cue the raiders getting picked off in midfield. Tim Tebow comes onto the field to get his team into the lead. Not to be as the very next play he under throws a pass and it gracefully lands into lawrence Timmons hands for the games second interception.

The Raiders have good field position and a 5 yard pass to Wes Welker from Matt Schaub gives Oakland the lead. After the kick off . Danny Woodhead runs 80 yards on the Bills first play to make it 7-7.

Then Schaub has a nightmare second quarter. Throwing 3 interceptions. 2 to Charles Woodson and one to Troy Polamalu who runs it in for 6 ! The Interceptions give excellent field position to Woodhead to run in for two more touchdowns. Making it 28-7 at half time.

Is there a rout coming to a rookie head coach ?

No there is not. The Raiders change up tactic's and stop throwing near Charles Woodson. 4/8 yard passes are the theme for the next 2 quarters. M Jones-Drew is also in the backfield for Oakland. Buffalo have contained him so far until he breaks tackles left, right and center for a 73 yard touchdown ! to make it 28-14.

Still no panic for the Bills. However Tebow is unable to convert on third down allowing the Raiders back on the field. A long tiring 69 yard drive for the Raiders culminates with a 11 yard 3rd down pass to Ochocinco, who leaps into the air and snags the ball and is grounded on the one yard line. Jones-Drew powers over on a 1 yard one to make it 21-28.

The Bills head coach feels concern and instructs his quarterback to hand off the ball to Woodhead as many times as possible. Its the start of the 4 quarter. A long drive of nearly four minutes is stopped by the raiders D, leaving Buffalo just short of field goal range. A miscued punt gives the Raiders the ball on there own 20. The silver and black men marched up the field and a 13 yard pass to Wes Welker with 1 minute 28 seconds left in the game ties the ball game !

1;28 left on the clock the scores 28-28. The momentum is with Oakland. They shut down the Bills running game, They've kept there defensive backs out of the game. Tim Tebow needs to become a NFL quarterback ! A mixture of passes to Danny Woodhead and Mark Clayton gets the Bills to the 50 yard line on a 3-1 .

The Bills have it at the 29 yardline and decide to go for a few more yards to make sure of the field goal. Woodhead breaks the line and is in space. He dives on the one yard line ! The Raiders have not timeouts. The Bills wait for it to hit one second and kick the field goal to win the game 31-28

Top performers

Raiders
    M-Jones-Drew 17 attempts for 119 yards and 2 touchdowns and 2 receptions for 36 yards .

Wes Welker 4 receptions 38 yards and 2 touchdowns.

Bills
    Danny Woodhead 17 attempts for 210 yards and 3 touchdowns and 3 receptions for 25 yards.

Charles Woodson 4 tackles, 1 sack, 2 interceptions

Super game mate ! Really enjoyed it ! No doubt in my mind you'll make the post season ! Enjoy week 3 though :pac: Ouch is all Ive got to say on that !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Gameweek has been advanced everyone ;)

Raoul, I've no interest in restarting a game until i win, frankly I dont have the time and tbh I'd rather concentrate on my offline franchise.
    My game against the Ravens was probably my only game in 4 months that I havent got disconnected on.
    In all honestly I think the Jags we're winning in 2 of the games, me in probably 3 and the rest were probably 0-0.

After 1 disconnect I wont be playing again - unless it's a human player and we both have time. CPU games can be simmed

Edit: I've only 3 more CPU games, so tbh happy to sim the 3 of them if by the i get to them i'm still having issues.
    I have pmmd you.

Look, I just want everyone to be clear as to when and why they have restarted games. I wasn't accusing you of restarting just to win the games. I think you are more honest than that.

The Atlanta Falcons (UnitedIrishman) @ The Tampa Bay Buccaneers (StevoIRE)

Welcome sports fans to another preview of the Boards franchise ! Time to cross over to the NFC for a key divisional game between two team's on 2-0. Whoever win's this game will feel the slightest bit of breathing room in the NFC South.

The Buccaneers have had an impressive start to the season winning both there first two games comfortably. There Offense is based around Roddy White at Wide out, Matt Forte in the backfield and Josh Freeman at QB.

This team uses the run to set up the pass. Matt Forte has rushed for only 83 yards in two games but has ran 23 times. While Josh Freeman has attempted 49 passes and completed 32 of them, with eight touchdowns and only one interception ! This is an impressive stat ! If he can keep it up this kind of turnover ratio a home post season is on the cards !

The Falcons have also won there first two games, giving us a tantalizing fixture for week 3.

Atlanta's main weapons are the dominating Steve Jackson at half back, Miles Austin at wide out, Todd Heap at tight end and Tony Romo controlling it all at QB.

The Falcons have a more balanced attack, using both rushing and passing as weapons at different points in the game. Atlanta have rushed 39 times for 148 yards at an average of 3.7 yards. While Romo has passed for 443 yards from 56 attempts and 35 completions, with 5 touchdowns and 2 interceptions. Todd Heap is Romo's favorite receiver with 10 receptions and 3 touchdowns. That's nearly a third of completions going to his star tight end. Stop Heap at the line and do you stop the Falcons 3rd down conversions ?

The Bucc's have two excellent Cornerback's in Vontae Davis and Patrick Peterson. However they lack a presence in the safeties. So if Romo is given 5-7 second drop in the pocket someone like Todd Heap could find a mismatch in the middle of the park to create a big play .

The Falcons defense is bare at defensive end. Matt forte could run huge gains if Atlanta's formidable linebackers do not help seal Forte back into the front 4 choking him at the line of scrimmage.

This is a tough one to call folks. The Falcon's O-line is good enough to give Romo enough time to find the open receivers. While the Bucc's O-line is good enough to give the space for Matt Forte to run through .

Prediction

The Bucc's by 3+ . I have more confidence in a team that will create big gains on the deck .

Until next time sports fans !

P.S Ahhh that kept me awake till the start of the MNF :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Shiroki

Hey Santry. I've just started college two weeks ago and I'm still trying to get settled in. I honestly don't have the time to play so you can take me off the list for now. Maybe when things calm down I can join again. Sorry for the confusion and delay in my response, like I said, no time :( - Kev

Broncos @ Titans - Hearofthecity, how about tomorrow evening? wont be around Thursday or Friday but Saturday is also good.

• Advertisement

I have pmmd you.

Look, I just want everyone to be clear as to when and why they have restarted games. I wasn't accusing you of restarting just to win the games. I think you are more honest than that.

No worries Raoul, to be honest I dont play anything online these days apart from Madden (i do miss my CoD zombies :() due to disconnects

Offensive POTW: Danny Woodhead HB (Bills)
    Defensive POTW: Derrick Johnson MLB (Bills)

Power Rankings:
    1.Colts (Sundalic)
    2. Cardinals (errisrams)
    3. Packers (BenSFC)
    4. Buccs (SteveIRE)
    5. 49ers (adro76) edit !

Ndamuking Suk (DT) of the Buccs is currently leading the race for MVP.

Have a look at the League Manager site. The stats are AWESOME !

Yep they really are Berty, I mean the analysis and comparisons you can do are great. I like the match predictions that show you Vs your next opponent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

Power Rankings:
    1.Colts (Sundalic)
    2. Cardinals (errisrams)
    3. Packers (BenSFC)
    4. Buccs (SteveIRE)
    5. Rams (adro76)

surprised to see myself at top of power rankings after 2 one score wins. happy though :)
    don't think any of my players will be in running for players of the week too often this year, not a single one currently going to Pro Bowl (unlike last year when Rodgers and Carlson were bringing in huge numbers for me).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Offensive POTW: Danny Woodhead HB (Bills)
    Defensive POTW: Derrick Johnson MLB (Bills)

Power Rankings:
    1.Colts (Sundalic)
    2. Cardinals (errisrams)
    3. Packers (BenSFC)
    4. Buccs (SteveIRE)
    5. Rams (adro76)

Ndamuking Suk (DT) of the Buccs is currently leading the race for MVP.

Surprised to see myself at 5th in the power rankings, particularly as I am the 49ers not the Rams :)

• Advertisement

Lads, am i able to sign free agents?

yeah, no problem signing free agents. the only real restriction is you're not allowed to trade with CPU teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Yeah you can up to roster limit (56).
    Have signed a couple of returners myself already.

How do i up my limit Rob?

I keep getting the below error when i try to do anything

You are not the league commissioner, and cannot drop this player because they are not on your team.

I keep getting the below error when i try to do anything

You are not the league commissioner, and cannot drop this player because they are not on your team.

Are you trying on LM site. Maybe do it on XBox?

Yes i'm doing it on the LM site.

I think I've found the problem (maybe) it seems on EA.com my gamertag is assigned to another league (maybe madden11?) so wont let me do anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

How do i up my limit Rob?

Don't think you up your limit. I just signed a couple of players, max allowed is 56.
    You can see all this on the Roster Breakdown area of LM

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭HeartOfTheCity

Broncos @ Titans - Hearofthecity, how about tomorrow evening? wont be around Thursday or Friday but Saturday is also good.

D'oh - PM'd you without seeing this, but yeah Wednesday suits me well. Say 8.30?

restarted: 1.30min left, 31-31, I had the ball, xbox locked up.

2nd attempt was ugly. Colts couldn't get moving on offence but luckily the Steelers were even worse. A late TD padded the score a bit but Colts will know they'll have to improve in what's sure to be a competitive AFC South this year in their attempt to make it to a 3rd consecutive AFC Championship game.

• Advertisement
Advertisement