Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Madden NFL 12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭davetherave

Dolphins 21 @ Browns 14
    A wet and rainy Cleveland Ohio.

Got off to a great start with OLB Ahmed Brooks intercepting a pass on Miami's fifth play of the day. :D
    Then Cam Newton threw a pick on his first throw of the day. :(
    The Cleveland defence stood firm and forced Miami to settle for a 35 yard field goal at the end of the first quarter.

Browns offence continued to rely on running back Jahvid Best as Newton struggled to find his form and got hit hard on a sack losing 11 yards in the process. Jay Feely came onto the field to attempt a career high 56 yard field goal but even with the wind at his back he fell short.

The Browns secondary were by far the most effective part of the teams defence and cornerback Derek Cox added to that statement with a pick halfway through the second quarter on a third and long situation. Best then ran for 28 yards on five plays setting up Newton to hit WR Antonio Brown on a five yard quick in route uncovered in the endzone. Feely made the xp. \o/

The Miami offence couldn't get past the formidable Cleveland defence on their next possession with linebacker adding a sack to the interception he got earlier in the game.
    Defensive Tackle then got his name on the stats sheet with another sack on Miami's QB.

Early into the third quarter J.Best broke free for a 24 yard gain, his longest of the day.
    This drive was short lived though as Miami FS Jon McGraw pick off another bad throw by Cam Newton...
    Once again the Cleveland defence proved their worth and held the Dolphins to a 31 yard field goal. The third quarter came to a close with the score MIA 6 - 7 CLE

The fourth quarter got off to an explosive start with Cleveland Safety Brian Dawkins getting the browns third pick of the day on the first play. Newton then hit receiver Donald Jones for 25 yards before getting off a great pass under immense pressure by the pass rush. Ran from the nine yard line back to the 30, then across to the right touchline and hit his running back on the run for a 9 yard td.
    XP is good by Feely \o/
    A lapse in concentration by the Browns Defence allowed RB Jason Snelling to go all the way for six on a 51 yard end around play. :( The Dolphins then made the two point conversion tieing the game at 14-14 with 3:50 left on the clock.
    Cleveland and Miami were both forced to punt the ball on their next possessions. Cleveland got the ball at their own 20 following the touchback. Cam Newton got sacked for a 14 yard loss. Backed up at their own six yard line, Cleveland came out in their power I formation with two backs and two TE's. Everybody in the stadium was expecting them to hand to ball to Best including the guy typing this report. Newton then pretended to hand to ball to Best and then got sacked at the one yard line......fumbling the ball......it was picked up by some Miami guy who got a defensive touchdown.......

Miami were up 21-14 with 61 seconds to go. A good kick return by Antonio Brown gave Cleveland the ball at their own 24. Newton then saw the blitz, motion his HB best out to the slot, told him to run a streak and hit him wide open for 37 yards.
    Then he threw for six yards had an incomplete and had a dropped pass and the game was over....

Pros: The Cleveland secondary is pretty good. Running game is also pretty good.
    Cons: Everything else, and fcuking Cam Newton fumbling the ball on his own one yard line :o

Woohoo 0-3 Baby. I'm going to DisneyLand the salt mines

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Lost to the bengals 11-10 with a lst min FG being the difference, well done BigBadRob83.

I've realised that cassell is a terrible qb in this game, can't make throws at all :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Raoul, I don't seem to have the ability to update things on the LM Site. Could you do it when you get a chance? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

adrian522 wrote: »
    I've realised that cassell is a terrible qb in this game, can't make throws at all :(

Only now ? :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

yes, just tonight..

maybe conceding 14 points in 3 games is covering a few offensive holes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

adrian522 wrote: »
    Lost to the bengals 11-10 with a lst min FG being the difference, well done BigBadRob83.

Really good, tough game played out. Bengals fumbled away inside 49ers 10yd then managed to get something back with a safety. Bengals couldn't get much going on offense, and constantly given long fields by some very good punting.
    One of which led to taking over ball inside own 10yd, Cutler fumbling away a defensive TD which had 49ers up 7-2.
    Bengals finally got going on offense, after having a 20yd run brought back for holding, facing 1st and 20 and somehow getting out of jam thanks to Garcon. Drive finished with a Turner TD and failed 2 point attempt: 8-7.
    49ers drive for a field goal: 10-8
    Bengals get into field goal range with no timeouts and clock stopped so can't run it down. 47 yarder is good: 11-10 Bengals
    Squib quick to 49ers hoping to run down clock, and avoid Devin Hester. 49ers hail Mary with 8 seconds left, Bengals intercept to ice the game.
    Some good defense on both sides, nerve-wracking game.

Sounds like we have some nail bitters this week! Its great having so many people in the franchise ! Getting to the post season is going to much tougher in Madden 12

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Have a post on LM also

Rams and Ravens

Bayushi Ken, when is good for you?

mikemac wrote: »
    Have a post on LM also

Rams and Ravens

I think he pulled out Mike. Give us a sec to find out for sure.

EDIT: No he's not. It was the Redskins who pulled out. However, he didn't play his 2nd week game so if you get no response by the weekend then play the CPU.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Broncos @ Titans starts at 19:00 GMT will they gods be able to slay the mighty horsies :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Heart, my xbox is just updating so might be a couple of mins late to the party

Broncos @ Titans and the Titans receive first.
    Poessesions traded and then the Titans fumble but it is successfully over turned.

Michael Bush takes a 35 yard catch and breaks 3 tackles to get into the end zone.
    0-7 Titans

The chance on a Titans int goes begging when their defensive players forget how to catch the ball.

The Broncos make some good progress down the field but end up settling with a FG 3-7 with 1:02 on the clock.

The Titans try to add another score by going deep to early and are intercepted on their first play .

Hali comes up big with a tackle resulting in a 2 yard loss and then an int.

Orton gets in a QB sneak with time running out and no TOs left

3-14 to the Titans at the half.

Broncos receive in the 2nd.

McCoy kills me on the ground in the in the early part of the third

Massive sack pushes the broncos back to 4th and 14 and they punt.

The Titans march down the field on the ground with the help of a couple of short passes, another Bush runs sees him tackled at the 2 and he falls in for the TD

3-21 with 6:23 in the 4th.

On the return the Broncos are a whisker away from returning for a TD.

On the resulting play the Broncos get in for a TD they go for the 2 point conversion and get it.

11-21 so it is now a 2 score game with 5:55 on the clock

The Broncos go for an onside kick and the Titans recover.

The Broncos use their last TO and a short pass results in a fresh set of downs for the Titans

At the 2 minute mark Bush powers into the end zone from close range to kill the game 11-27 to the Titans.

Big sack on the Qb and on the next play again its throwing straight to a Titan player who cant catch it.

The Broncos get a last second TD to make it

17-28.

Bush was the MVP for the Titans with a 6.5 avg, 138 yards and 3 Tds, Clark gave a solid TE performance with an avg of 12.7 for the important catches he made.

Hali again gave a great defensive performance.

Heartofthecity, good game and appreciate the forewarning for the onside kick. I didnt stop you that often on the ground but when i did they were important stops and similarly when i needed a new set of downs I got them which was the difference between us I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Jets 31-10 Raiders.

Well done to Berty on a commanding performance. It could possibly have been different, with the scores at 10-10 during the 3rd q, but I got sloppy and Berty capitalised. Much better player and deserved the win. Good craic though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Yep Mikey, really enjoyed the chat and the game which was far closer than the scoreline suggested.

Raiders were driving in the 3rd with the game tied ( should have been leading - missed FG with the wind ). Jets got a crucial stop and then scored when they caught the Raiders blitzing. Another stop by the Jets D was followed by another Jet TD. With time the enemy Raiders were forced to air it out and Jets knew they had to.

As you said at the time Mikey that stop was a momentum killer. If the Raiders had scored then I think they would have gone on to win the game. You are definitely are better than 0-3 ! Best of luck for the rest of your season and efforts to reach the playoffs.

Looking at the Stats. How the Titans beat the Bronco's 28-18 is baffling. fair play helimachoptor, ya sneaked that one !

I love all these stats ! Ive got 6 players in the pro bowl rankings !

• Advertisement

tbh Dave it was comfortable enough, when i was 28-11 up i kept trying to blitz which allowed the broncos to get another TD, in a closer game i wouldnt have done that, my aim was to get the ball back and kill the game.

Category Broncos Titans
    Total Offense Yards 307 301
    Passing Offense Yards 239 142
    Rushing Offense Yards 68 159
    First Downs 12 13
    3rd Down % 28.6 83.3
    4th Down % 100.0 0.0
    Turnovers 1 1
    Redzone Scoring % 100.0 100.0
    Time of Possession 11.8 16.2

As the stats will tell you, the Broncos only had 6 more yards in total, what really killed them was they 3rd down efficiency. When I needed a play on 3rd down i got it and when they did, they didnt get it.

Actually Dave, I'd be interested to know how you feel i sneaked it?
    not to be smart or anything just genuinely curious!

The Bills coach sticks by his judgement that the Titans got away with a W and on evidence of this week, can the titans really go far in the AFC ? Not in this coaches opinion ! `

Let the mind games begin ! :cool:

On a serious note

The broncos had an average pass completion of 15 yards and 6.8 yard completion on the ground. Add to the fact that there was only 1 turnover each. It looked like a much closer game.

I think i meant to say ya sneaked a 10 point win. Looking at the stats i would have thought it would be a 3 point game for either side.

In saying that i didnt see the 3rd down % and that killed Hoodle.

I'll see you on week 12.... , The mighty Titans have already slain the horsies... a buffalo wont be much more difficult :cool:

Sorry meant to post this yesterday, I dont have a free agent screen on the menu, am i missing the blindingly obvious??

• Advertisement

Which menu are you talking about?

A) XBox console
    B) Online Franchise website
    C) League Manager site

Which menu are you talking about?

A) XBox console - Do not have a free agent tab
    B) Online Franchise website - I cannot get access to this - presume its the EA one?
    C) League Manager site
    this is the error i get ->
    Refresh browser Window

AUTHENTICATION
    persona: kaiche1
    authentication success!

You are not the league commissioner, and cannot drop this player because they are not on your team.

My GT is kaiche but it wont let me register it on the EA site

A) XBox console - Do not have a free agent tab

Go to player management and cycle through the teams and you'll get a free agent tab

I've never used the EA site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Raoul

Go to player management and cycle through the teams and you'll get a free agent tab

On the EA site you go to rosters I think and then add/drop players.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Joyce88

Love reading all the write ups on the games. Keep it up! I need to get involved with them.

Seems like we are going fast this week so week might be able to get updated before Monday.

Joyce88 wrote: »
    Love reading all the write ups on the games. Keep it up! I need to get involved with them.

Seems like we are going fast this week so week might be able to get updated before Monday.

Yeah I was just looking there. There are only 2 human v human games left to play and 2 or 3 human v cpu. I will get my game played this evening. Pretty happy with how the league is going so far! Well except for my 1-1 record and my inability to do anything on offense this year :confused::( :mad:

Raoul wrote: »

On the EA site you go to rosters I think and then add/drop players.
    You are the only one who had that option on the EA site because you are Commission. Us mere mortals do nit have that access !

Raoul wrote: »
    Yeah I was just looking there. There are only 2 human v human games left to play and 2 or 3 human v cpu. I will get my game played this evening. Pretty happy with how the league is going so far! Well except for my 1-1 record and my inability to do anything on offense this year :confused::( :mad:

Least you have until Week 12 To sort it out against me :p

Have a post on LM also

Rams and Ravens

SantryRed wrote: »
    I think he pulled out Mike. Give us a sec to find out for sure.

EDIT: No he's not. It was the Redskins who pulled out. However, he didn't play his 2nd week game so if you get no response by the weekend then play the CPU.

Ok so

Bayushi Ken, there are only two human games left so I don't want to hold anyone up, the commish is not someone you cross :eek:

Can you get back to me here or LM, I'll be playing this game on Sunday at the latest so that's time to get back to me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

looking for deadmau

• Advertisement

empacher wrote: »
    looking for deadmau

He didn't fulfill his last fixture and has barely posted since joining. I will boot him from the franchise in about an hour's time and you can play the CPU. Thanks.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Least you have until Week 12 To sort it out against me :p

Well, I have Chris Johnson going now, so thats a plus. Still struggling to find plays that suit me with Flacco.

Just beat the Vikings 14-6. 1 offensive TD and 1 intercepted pass returned. Not a great game for me offensively but really wasn't on the pitch long at all. My defense was really strong though with 3 sacks and an interception against Tom Brady. I am really happy with them.

Make sure your O-line is ready, Santry :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Paully D wrote: »
    I'm 2-15 online now, had a couple of wins over the last few days to make a shite record look slightly less shite :pac:

I'm now 28-36 and currently on a 6 game winning streak :cool:

It's amazing how much better I've gotten at the game in the space of around 6-7 weeks. I've even had some people message me after games complementing me on my defence which is great. My average point scored a game is now around 22 and my points conceded is the same, that's very good considering when I started off for the first 25 or so games I was on the receiving ends of many very big losses.

My main problems now are throwing the ball. I play as the Ravens all the time so I guess Flacco might not have a great rating in the game, but I do struggle to see the open receiver and get the ball off in time before the pressure from the defence comes. I almost always throw an INT when I'm trying to throw a TD pass in or around the 20 yard marker too, so I've got to work on that.I get caught out by audibles sometimes when defending too, but nothing major.

I've really got into American Football this year and Madden 12 has helped the learning process massively, and vice versa.

Thanks again for all your help earlier in the thread!

Hi,

Just added the below to the trade section on the LM site...

Is anyone interested in taking Jamal Charles?

OVR - 95.

Ideally looking for a MLB mid 90's OVR.

If not I'd listen to offers if you have a player around OVR 95 you'd be willing to trade

I have nick barnett as an ovr 88 mlb, perhaps we coud do a 2 for 2 trade

What team are you?

eagles mate

What about this

Jamaal Charles(HB) 95 + Alphonso Smith(CB) - 75 = Total 170
    Barnett (MLB) 88 + Leigh Bolden (CB) 82 = Total 170

Let me know what you think...

you've got yourself a deal nice doing business with you

• Advertisement

I'll send the trade over now, are you on the LM site?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Do you all play on ps3 or xbox

Most of us are on Xbox, there are a few on PS3 as well but I don't think there is a league organised (yet)

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Shane.C

Got a new xbox, my mate cant remember his xbox live tag so i hadto go back to the RROD xbox, the xbox went on me into the 3rd quarter, im only gonna play i t once more, if it goes again can you simulate my game?

Simulate, hopefully next week ill be on the new xbox for when im not playing cpu.

Shane.C wrote: »
    Simulate, hopefully next week ill be on the new xbox for when im not playing cpu.

Thats fine. Thanks for letting us know. You need to post in the restarts thread though as to why you had to restart the game

• Advertisement

Wheres the restarts thread?

Any chance of getting the leaguemanager League ID for joining the league?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭davetherave

Shane.C wrote: »
    Any chance of getting the leaguemanager League ID for joining the league?

http://myleaguemanager.net/apps/acceptInvite.cfm?lid=LG1047_&uid=3677&lname=Boards

Try that link.
    Password is the same as the franchise.

kk, got it, thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement